Amazon kindle?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Amazon kindle?

Post by kyli »

Hi Fel,
I'm wondering if you have reconsidered publishing your finished books, or even just the Tarrin Kael books on Amazon. I know you've said in the past that you aren't interested in taking money for your writing, but it would expose your books to a bigger audience (and would make recommending your books easier. I know some who almost exclusively get there books from amazon.) You could just set the price low, like $1, and even sign it up for the kindle unlimited program which would let KU members read your books for free. Although in order to be part of the KU program, amazon has to be the only seller of your books. Not sure how that works with sites that give away for free like weavespinner.net or this forum. Anyway, I just wondering if you've reconsidered publishing.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Bester
Sorcerer

Re: Amazon kindle?

Post by Bester »

I hope you do reconsider, Fel. I think it would be amazing to have your books, particularly the two Firestaff series, on Kindle. I think it compares extremely well against content already there, and would be another way for us to support you.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

I agree, it would give you a new readership to enjoy you tales! Use what money to hire few college or high school students to give the books covers and index them for you - you get two wins out of it.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I could maybe help a bit with typos and continuity errors. Last time I did a complete reread of subjugation, which was actually nearly 2 years ago, I read them in pdf and made a note at every mistake I found. I might still have the pdf files somewhere. I probably missed quite a bit though. I'm not an editor.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

The problem with that is that the troublesome fairy has three husbands or is it her husband has three names? Also, the mountains and the direction of them from Aldreth are sometimes altered in the books. The location and names of countries and continents need to be consistent too if it is to be published. In other words all eight books, or is it nine with the short story about the boy king trained by Tarrin, need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb by an editor before releasing the books. Not that releasing the books would be bad mind you. I would love to see the Firestaff and Pyrosian Chronicles on the big screen at a theater sometime. :)
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Without a map to reference, I'd never be able to find the mistakes myself. I'd be willing to look for some mistakes next time I reread if I did have a map though.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I've also made the mistake of trying to figure of the faey calender in the past. Pretty sure there are some mistakes there as well. Unless there are some weird rules. I just ignore the faey dates now and only look at the Terran calender.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

In general I have to agree with Kyli on this one. Fel, I think two of your story lines are worth publishing, Sennadar is absolutely worth while and so is the Karinne series. Yes, there is some cleanup that needs to be done, grammer and spelling correct the places where wrong names have been used or the wrong words (rather in frequent). I would suggest watching Chris Fox on youtube he is a self publishing author on Amazon and he is pulling in over 150k a year after expending his expenses. He recommends spending around 100 for a cover and having someone professional format your text for kindle, usually around 100 bucks. But it will be worth it with the kindle unlimited reading and the money from people who will outright buy... you'll definitely make a some nice cash out of it. Just do it all through Amazon, ya they take a good bit but its worth it for a number of reasons. Also what are you going to do when you retire? Having a nice writing career slowly building would generate some nice spending cash on the side and give you something to do!
Not a ID
Da'Shar

Post by Not a ID »

I'd have to wonder if the Subjugation series might run into some (minor) issues in regards to TOS for Amazon Kindle due to certain activities discussed and the ages involved, but enforcement on that front seems to be very inconsistent. Probably due in part to a lot of it being reliant on somebody reporting it and then relying on the subjective judgement of the person(s) reviewing the complaint.

Fel should be safe enough, I'd think, but sometimes Amazon surprises people.
bluemax65
Initiate

Post by bluemax65 »

I have to, generally, agree with everyone here, so far. I believe that Fel deserves to get some compensation for all the great stories and writing he has produced.

I, with a bunch of others fans/avid readers, managed to needle I mean convince, yes convince, another great writer (Geoff Wolak), to sell his stories on Amazon. Despite having read his first two great books on other sites (SOL) and downloaded the PDF's from his site, I bought his books when they were up on Amazon.

Having bought a couple of books in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genres from Amazon, I am of the opinion that Fel is a far better storyteller than quite a few of the other authors, who's stories I bought on Amazon.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

I agree with publishing being a great idea - though I would not like it to be on KU* - as the published stories then would have to be removed from this forum :?

* KU = Kindle Unlimited
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I am afraid I disagree, because I found that working with Kindle was a thorough PITA, so my writing only appeared there for a few weeks, but then I regard my writing as a hobby or avocation, not a JOB!!!
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/