Updatish II.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Updatish II.

Post by Fel »

I should have a LOT to put up in a one or two weeks.

Last chapter, I introduced Kevin Ball and what he's doing over in the game, and this chapter of Revolution will reveal the end of the Grand Crusade and what happens during and after the final battle.

I don't want to spoil that ending in Revolution. I want Kevin's story to reveal that ending.

So, over the last couple of weeks or so, I've been busting my tail working on Kevin's story, and once I finish it up to a certain point, I'm going to release both the next chapter of Revolution and 7-8 chapters of the short story about Kevin, CO, and what happens to him.

I didn't write ALL of it over the last few days. I've actually been writing it for the last couple of months, just half a page here and a page there, when I'm not working on Revolution. I needed to so I had complete continuity between the two stories once Jason met Kevin, so I knew exactly where they were, what had happened, and the little details like Kevin's war with Rita before they became friends would match up with the other story. I've also had to do some major edits to it, because I changed some very important elements of the story to make Kevin look sufficiently like a badass with powerful and unique abilities befitting someone that does what he does, but not making him a Mary Sue.

So yeah, it's been a bit of a content drought. But when I'm ready to release everything, you're gonna get a TON of stuff to read.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Re: Updatish II.

Post by GotToGo »

Thanks Fel update!!! Also, how did the nerve testing go?
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

7-8 chapters...... COOL! :mrgreen:
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

7-8 chapters... Maybe I should plan to have 1 or 2 days off... :D
Last edited by Eurasier on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More power to the werewolves!
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am I should have a LOT to put up in a one or two weeks.

Last chapter, I introduced Kevin Ball and what he's doing over in the game, and this chapter of Revolution will reveal the end of the Grand Crusade and what happens during and after the final battle.

I don't want to spoil that ending in Revolution. I want Kevin's story to reveal that ending.

So, over the last couple of weeks or so, I've been busting my tail working on Kevin's story, and once I finish it up to a certain point, I'm going to release both the next chapter of Revolution and 7-8 chapters of the short story about Kevin, CO, and what happens to him.

I didn't write ALL of it over the last few days. I've actually been writing it for the last couple of months, just half a page here and a page there, when I'm not working on Revolution. I needed to so I had complete continuity between the two stories once Jason met Kevin, so I knew exactly where they were, what had happened, and the little details like Kevin's war with Rita before they became friends would match up with the other story. I've also had to do some major edits to it, because I changed some very important elements of the story to make Kevin look sufficiently like a badass with powerful and unique abilities befitting someone that does what he does, but not making him a Mary Sue.

So yeah, it's been a bit of a content drought. But when I'm ready to release everything, you're gonna get a TON of stuff to read.
Simply...Awesome! :D
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Sounds really great thanks Fel.
GotToGo
Da'Shar

Post by GotToGo »

Fel,

Bring it on when your ready! And thanks for you do for us. :D
zooplbr
Sorcerer

Post by zooplbr »

That's just fine!
More importantly how did the EMG go? any news re: nerve damage?
trodrian
Sorcerer

Post by trodrian »

Sounds wonderful, :)
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

I must say, I got all excited when I first saw this because I misread it as Kyven...

From what I'm seeing about Kevin, I'm still excited. :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I MIGHT have the short story done and posted tomorrow (18 Sep). I have it done, but I've found a lot of continuity errors in the first chapter due to the major edits I made to it. I'll have to more or less read the entire thing carefully to proofread it and make sure I caught them all.

It runs 9 chapters, so it's going to take several hours to complete.

I won't have the next chapter of Revolution done, however. You'll only be getting the short story.

When I post it, it will go in the Short Stories forum. Watch for it there.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
thalwous
Talent

Post by thalwous »

no worries, take your time
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

FIRST! Also, sounds good Fel. We can wait if/when needs be.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
Exskie
Initiate

Post by Exskie »

Hi Fel

Thanks for the update... looking forward to the new story. Just in time to get the mid-week hump...
trodrian
Sorcerer

Post by trodrian »

Just finished reading all 9 chapters. You will continue it, yes?