Need some new author recommendations!

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Need some new author recommendations!

Post by Wolfee »

Mark_Reed wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:36 pm Count me in as a second recommendation for Christopher G Nuttal. His Schooled in Magic series is great, though it’s pointed in a different direction than your interests. You liked reading the Firestaff series though so I think you’d like it. Regardless, Nuttal writes a lot of sci-fi too so check that out.
Own over 10 of the Schooled in Magic series.... kinda starting to drag / grind on a bit. I am much more partial to another Canadian author Glen Stewart. His Mars series is good. But I adore his Duchess of Terra universe, which I am sure I have said before.

I recently just bought another series by an author (Ryk Spoor). Love his Boundary series. But I finally after years of looking at it broke down and bought his Arena series, 4th book should be along in a year or two according to authors website.... at least I am hoping that it will be he is running a kickstarter on the series so I am not sure what will happen if it doesn't meet the goal.

Another book book that is currently stand alone (really hoping the author is still alive and still writing) The Sculpted Ship by K. M. O'Brien - you should take a look, rather a lovely little story - 4.5 stars with 395 reviews on Amazon.... Book was published in Oct over 2016 - so far it is the only book by the Author. I hope he hasn't given up... because he certainly did well on his first book!
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Re: Need some new author recommendations!

Post by kd7mvs »

Ryk Spoor is very good. I'm pretty sure I mentioned his Princess Holy Aura in the Links to Good Reading thread.