Lets take a poll

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.

Which Series should Fel post chapters for next? (runs for 10 days - cannot change vote)

Poll ended at Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Draconian
No votes
Earth
22%
Fox the Wanderer
12%
Karinne Universe
32%
Kit
15%
Sennadar
7%
Spell Dancer
5%
Walker Universe
8%

Total votes: 60

Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Lets take a poll

Post by Wolfee »

Lets take a poll - provided this thing works! :)
Rakshasa claw
Initiate

Re: Lets take a poll

Post by Rakshasa claw »

I voted, but I think we'd be better off letting him make the decision even if we had any ability to do otherwise. After all he is the author talented enough that we all keep coming back to read his books one chapter at a time.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I totally agree. I am just having fun...I wanted to see what folks preferred.
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Me dumb, how do you vote ??? :? :?
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

Me really dumb, so vote is out now..... but why didn't I get the voting option staight away by opening the thread ???
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

I'm a patient person so I'd love anything, but I've always wanted to see where things in the "Kit" Kitstrom universe would go.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
wathman
Novice

Post by wathman »

Cougar2k2 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:27 am I'm a patient person so I'd love anything, but I've always wanted to see where things in the "Kit" Kitstrom universe would go.
I'd certainly like an update from Kit, though Fel would need to come up with some kind of new conflict or contention in Kit's universe to make it compelling. Otherwise it would be endless slice of life writing, not that I'm all that opposed. Probably less fun to write though.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I would love to see Walker of the Path finished and I wouldn't mind more Earth Bond but I'll always choose Subjugation if I have a choice. Sennadar is a completed story in my mind and doesn't really need more. Spelldancer has great potential but I would like other stories to be concluded b4 I'd put my vote there. One that didn't make the list and that I'm not sure will ever continue that I would also like to see more of is Shifters, but again, I'd say other stories come first.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

kyli wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:02 am I would love to see Walker of the Path finished and I wouldn't mind more Earth Bond but I'll always choose Subjugation if I have a choice. Sennadar is a completed story in my mind and doesn't really need more. Spelldancer has great potential but I would like other stories to be concluded b4 I'd put my vote there. One that didn't make the list and that I'm not sure will ever continue that I would also like to see more of is Shifters, but again, I'd say other stories come first.
Agreed Kyli, I hate to sound morose, but the fact of it is a number of my favorite authors died last year, professional, semi-professional, and just normal every day folks who posted stories the internet. I know Fel likes to take a break now and write in a different universe and I am fine with that. But in general I would prefer to see him finish up the current Subjugation story arch before moving onto another universe for an extended period of time. I also agree with what Kyli said about Sennadar - I enjoy little short stories back to that magical place but Fel has buttoned that up that universe for the most part.
Cadre
Talent

Post by Cadre »

I remember when Fel was still writing the Sennadar books and there were only 8 or so chapters of Subjugation. I was eager for him to take a break and give us another chapter, now that he's concentrating on Subjugation books, I'm eager to get a chapter of the Earth Bond. I think I'm just addicted to what ever book he writes the least.
zooplbr
Sorcerer

Post by zooplbr »

Cougar2k2 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:27 am I'm a patient person so I'd love anything, but I've always wanted to see where things in the "Kit" Kitstrom universe would go.
I tend to agree with you.
Having said that, I'd have also liked to have seen more from the Sennadar universe.
Lets face it, Fel has spoiled us ROTTEN by writing such engaging stories!
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

I agree the stories already told in the Sennedar universe covered the original story arc concerning Tarrin's life, or at least the start, given he's effectively immortal. The (relatively) short story 'A Simple Task' was a nice coda to the main story, which also again pointed up that Tarrin is going to be around for probably a portion of forever, given his job. What has always intrigued me though was the one-chapter teaser 'Legacy', which I've always thought could and may have been intended to start another epic story arc of its own, set in a later timeline. Given that a number of the original main characters are immortal or very, very long-lived, there were opportunities for any number of cameo appearances or even whole new adventures, set a hundred or more years later. Just a thought...
That's not to say I don't enjoy where either 'Earth Bond' or the 'Subjugation' series are going, because I'll happily read them as well, just that I can see more life in the other stories too. I agree with zooplbr though, I get so invested in the stories and characters, I don't want to let go!