Possible brief site outage

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Possible brief site outage

Post by Wolfee »

Greymists photo is the mobile....
Kyli posted the pc site photo....

I just turned off the mobile site and use the pc site on my phone, been doing it for years... had to turn off the mobile again after the last update.
Last edited by Wolfee on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

I do have a "desktop view" option, but it usually just reloads the mobile site when i try and use it. I've given up using that option. I also have to turn it on for every session. If there is a way to permanently load desktop sites every single time, I would love to know about it. I absolutely hate mobile sites and 90% of my internet time is spent on my phone.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

kyli wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm I do have a "desktop view" option, but it usually just reloads the mobile site when i try and use it. I've given up using that option. I also have to turn it on for every session. If there is a way to permanently load desktop sites every single time, I would love to know about it. I absolutely hate mobile sites and 90% of my internet time is spent on my phone.

I use chrome on my phone... maybe that will have better luck for you?
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Wolfee wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:45 am
kyli wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm I do have a "desktop view" option, but it usually just reloads the mobile site when i try and use it. I've given up using that option. I also have to turn it on for every session. If there is a way to permanently load desktop sites every single time, I would love to know about it. I absolutely hate mobile sites and 90% of my internet time is spent on my phone.

I usually just use the default android web browser. I went into chrome just now and loaded the forum and requested the desktop site. It loaded immediately unlike that stupid web browser I've been using. I have a feeling i'll be using chrome a lot now. Thanks!
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

kyli wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 am
Wolfee wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:45 am

I usually just use the default android web browser. I went into chrome just now and loaded the forum and requested the desktop site. It loaded immediately unlike that stupid web browser I've been using. I have a feeling i'll be using chrome a lot now. Thanks!

You are welcome! I'll send you the bill. :P
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

Call me crazy, but where do we switch from mobile to desktop viewing, cause I've looked all over and I haven't seen anything on the site or in the chrome browser on my phone to switch the damn thing... I must be blind or something. -_-'
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

imthejman85 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm Call me crazy, but where do we switch from mobile to desktop viewing, cause I've looked all over and I haven't seen anything on the site or in the chrome browser on my phone to switch the damn thing... I must be blind or something. -_-'
Top left corner of my browser or chrome. U click on that menu, scroll down, and there it is.
Screenshot_2018-02-03-09-25-01.png
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

kyli wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 pm
imthejman85 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm Call me crazy, but where do we switch from mobile to desktop viewing, cause I've looked all over and I haven't seen anything on the site or in the chrome browser on my phone to switch the damn thing... I must be blind or something. -_-'
Top left corner of my browser or chrome. U click on that menu, scroll down, and there it is.

Screenshot_2018-02-03-09-25-01.png
Fixed it right up, thanks for that. Didn't even know that was an option. Most sites have the option to view in Mobile or desktop but I just couldn't find the option.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell