Mike Cropo (A Spartan's War Series) R.I.P.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Mike Cropo (A Spartan's War Series) R.I.P.

Post by Phantom »

FYI
I have to relate some very sad news for those who don't know it

Mike Cropo passed away on Thursday, November 9th, 2017. R.I.P. :cry:
(His passing was due to... Stage 4 lung Cancer and heart problems related to it )

SOL Link
http://storiesonline.net/a/Mike_Cropo

His Web Site
https://aspartanswarchronicles.com/

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Re: Mike Cropo (A Spartan's War Series) R.I.P.

Post by Wolfee »

Am sorry to hear that always was planning on reading more than just book 1. He was a quality amateur writer that is for sure... its a shame how may of these folks write for fun and enjoyment theirs and ours and one day... they take a break - they're not feeling well. Few months later - thanks for the memories. I couldn't even tell you who they where anymore but several of my favorite SOL authors have unfortunately passed as well. Sad thing is a lot of several of these authors had been retired for just a few years... gotta take better care of yourself now while you are young and in good shape. You can make it to 100 if you exercise, learn something new everyday - stretch that brain. The exercises helps flush the toxins out of body and mind so you will live longer... and eat right - 10% meat 90% veggies and get that water everyday. No need for fancy multi-vitamins, your body just flushes that anyway - you need to eat right not try and cheat - cause you can't. No smoking and drink sparingly if at all.

So here is hoping Fel gets his checkups, his long walks and gets in shape if he isn't so he is with us for many more years to come!
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Phantom wrote:FYI
I have to relate some very sad news for those who don't know it

Mike Cropo passed away on Thursday, November 9th, 2017. R.I.P. :cry:
(His passing was due to... Stage 4 lung Cancer and heart problems related to it )

SOL Link
http://storiesonline.net/a/Mike_Cropo

His Web Site
https://aspartanswarchronicles.com/

Phantom
What. The. Fuck. 2017.

In the past year I've lost my wife, my sister-in-law, two cats, discovered that multiple writers I like had passed away, discovered that one had been paralyzed for months and is only very slowly recovering, and two others are fighting cancer.

And now this.

Oh, _and_ I discovered this morning that my 96 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip, it was a bad fall, and they didn't think she'd survive surgery, so they're just doing the best they can to make her comfortable. My dad said that most likely... well, I'll probably be attending a funeral in the next month.

Not the best possible birthday, y'know?

I'm getting real sick of your shit, 2017.
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

Yeah. 2017 sucks. RIP Mike.
dragonman
Novice

Post by dragonman »

According to SOL, his last update was made the day he died. (Updated: 11/9/2017, 5:22:18 PM)
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

dragonman wrote:According to SOL, his last update was made the day he died. (Updated: 11/9/2017, 5:22:18 PM)
Lazeez the owner/operator of SOL was/is a member of Mike's website and he posted those chapters that were waiting for that batch to be approved. He did that and updated the notes to tell everyone Mike passed.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Wolfee wrote:Am sorry to hear that always was planning on reading more than just book 1. He was a quality amateur writer that is for sure... its a shame how may of these folks write for fun and enjoyment theirs and ours and one day... they take a break - they're not feeling well. Few months later - thanks for the memories. I couldn't even tell you who they where anymore but several of my favorite SOL authors have unfortunately passed as well. Sad thing is a lot of several of these authors had been retired for just a few years... gotta take better care of yourself now while you are young and in good shape. You can make it to 100 if you exercise, learn something new everyday - stretch that brain. The exercises helps flush the toxins out of body and mind so you will live longer... and eat right - 10% meat 90% veggies and get that water everyday. No need for fancy multi-vitamins, your body just flushes that anyway - you need to eat right not try and cheat - cause you can't. No smoking and drink sparingly if at all.

So here is hoping Fel gets his checkups, his long walks and gets in shape if he isn't so he is with us for many more years to come!

Dot-B had a list on his Yahell Group listing a lot of missing Authors and what was known to have happened to them.

I'm not sure if he's still updating it or not (I son't see it on his website)
(Sorry don't have a link right now....but Dot-B is a member and author posting here under a different name K Pelle aka GBLW .)

Hopefully he won't get mad at me for maybe outing him here :shock: :wink: ........

If your interested He may still have copy of it.
The one I still have is kinda of old.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Phantom wrote: Dot-B had a list on his Yahell Group listing a lot of missing Authors and what was known to have happened to them.

I'm not sure if he's still updating it or not (I son't see it on his website)
(Sorry don't have a link right now....but Dot-B is a member and author posting here under a different name K Pelle aka GBLW .)

Hopefully he won't get mad at me for maybe outing him here :shock: :wink: ........

If your interested He may still have copy of it.
The one I still have is kinda of old.
Phantom
Nope, I'm not upset, instead I'll pass on that the members of Gina Marie Willey's group have taken over that chore, because I'm getting too dang old to do the job very well - you can find the listing on her site at http://www.beyondthefarhorizon.net It's listed in a section called "On Topic" as "Where They Are" The only problem is that with the new google system for dealing with her php site I can't seem to find a way to post a direct link to the thread - dunno why?

By the way I have been doing a bit of writing in the last while -finally!!!!!!!!!!!! What I've written isn't uploaded yet and it still has to go the editors, but I'll post a 'warning' here when I do. First though I need to find another discussion site that doesn't 'P' me off like Yahooped has done in the last while.

K Pelle aka dotB aka GBLW aka ..............? :twisted: :lol: :wink:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/