Need a hand finding something.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Need a hand finding something.

Post by Sancria »

A long time ago, I played a game online...it was meant for office parties or such, or just people who logged into the game. Each game would last for a week or so.

basic premise of the game was you were a galactic civilization; you had to planets, each planet could have commercial (money), industrial (ships) and research universities (technology). You had to spend money to make the buildings and had basically limited resources because you only had a resource turn every 4 hours. You were constantly building ships every so often, automatically, but could only move between planets if your engines could allow you to reach the next planet.

technology was broken down to Range, Speed of Flight, Weapons, Scanning of radar, communications (which allowed more fleets to move at once). You were constantly researching, but couldn't possibly have time to research everything.

The key to this game was there were 8 or 9 players, each wanting to take over the known universe. You could make allies and could communicate in game. you could even trade tech and money. what you couldn't do was trust anyone as there wasn't a way to enforce any agreement. This game made and destroyed friendships.

I'm trying my best to find it but I haven't played it in years...anyone happen to maybe know its name or better, its URL?
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
Schuy
Initiate

Re: Need a hand finding something.

Post by Schuy »

Sancria
Da'Shar

Re: Need a hand finding something.

Post by Sancria »

No, but that game looks interesting too. I'll keep looking
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.