Spoiled - Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Spoiled - Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Post by Wolfee »

So with interest I've been watching for the next chapter of Earth... but even before Fel decided what he would work on next we had chapter 14 of Conviction... Read it again today, I've easily read it 6 or so times and I've come to the realization that I'd like the next Karinne book sooner rather than later. As to spoiled, the speed with which Fel cranked out the the last 3 or 4 chapters of Conviction definitely spoiled me... and I enjoyed it. Its just now I'm going though withdrawals!
JohnDelvfar
Initiate

Re: Spoiled - Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Post by JohnDelvfar »

Yes ME TOO!! that is why i am following somewhere around 280+ story lines.

all of Fells of course. many on Fan fiction. many on Royalroad. several on Beyondthefarhorizon. many many on Amazon/B&N/....
. many blog stories.

It is the curse of a speedreader who loves Scify and Fantasy that there is never enough great stories to read so we make do with ok and good ones and
TREASURE the Great ones like Fell and Mike/spartans and a few others. they occupy a very protected space on my HD and my Cloud never to be lost or forgotten. (don't forget Thumb drive too)

thanks again fell

John Delvfar
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

JohnDelvfar wrote:Yes ME TOO!! that is why i am following somewhere around 280+ story lines.

all of Fells of course. many on Fan fiction. many on Royalroad. several on Beyondthefarhorizon. many many on Amazon/B&N/....
. many blog stories.

It is the curse of a speedreader who loves Scify and Fantasy that there is never enough great stories to read so we make do with ok and good ones and
TREASURE the Great ones like Fell and Mike/spartans and a few others. they occupy a very protected space on my HD and my Cloud never to be lost or forgotten. (don't forget Thumb drive too)

thanks again fell

John Delvfar
What's Royalroad?

And... good ones on BTFH? I haven't been there in a few years, ever since I asked Gina a perfectly reasonable question and got my head bit off (to the point that I was _praying_ she'd submit something to Baen that was good enough that Toni Weisskopf would be her editor, and that someone would upload the resulting fireworks to youtube....) so I'd appreciate pointers.
bigthunder
Initiate

Post by bigthunder »

Royalroad is royalroadl.com I believe. It started out as a fanfic site for Royal Road (a Korean? comic/manga) So it has a lot of game based original fiction now.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

bigthunder wrote:Royalroad is royalroadl.com I believe. It started out as a fanfic site for Royal Road (a Korean? comic/manga) So it has a lot of game based original fiction now.
royalroadl.com started out as a translation of "The Moonlight Sculptor", a korean light novel about a poor korean player playing a game called Royal Road to earn money. He had a very... strange view on the worth of money and some real talent in playing the rare/unique class he got.

Later on it was made into a korean manhwa (sort of like a japanese manga, just korean). If it had just been a bad manhwa, nobody would have become interested in it.

The author of the series has published more than 48 volumes so far and has officially given his consent to the translation of the first 20 volumes. Naturally, there are also translations of the volumes from 21 upwards to be found on the web now.

Royalroadl.com went on to offer fanfiction authors a place to publish their works, first they just got stories based on the Royal Road game world but soon original fiction that had a game background appeared. After the translation reached volume 20 and some translators either tried nagging the LMS author for permission to translate more, or just went and published translations (both machine translations and real ones, naturally not on RRL.com) the author wasn't real happy and royalroadl.com moved out their translations and concentrated ever more on original fiction. Now, just the name reminds us of where they came from and it has become one of the best places to publish original stories. You'll even find some real authors (real as in "publishing") work there, i.e. Michael Chatfields Emerilia. Others are just happy publishing their work there without going the last step to publish on amazon for money while still offering a quality comparable to that, just look up "The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound" (earth apocalypse scenario in which a game like system descends and monsters appear everywhere), "Everybody Loves Large Chests" (a humorous story about... eh, I'm not telling), "The Arcane Emperor" (guy who manages to magic himself into another world with a game system).

Some of the works are really good reads while others are in desperate need of spellcheckers, editors and a better story. But then, thats the same with other websites who offer free publishing like that as well.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

MartinK wrote:...just look up ... "Everybody Loves Large Chests" (a humorous story about... eh, I'm not telling)...
Why not? it is a humorous story about large chests :P (Link: Everybody Loves Large Chests)
PrincelyGuy
Initiate

Post by PrincelyGuy »

Dang...Got boxed right into that story about large chests. What a way to waste an afternoon pretending to work. Not sure whether to curse or cheer.