What do you play? PC or Console & what games do you play?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

What do you play? PC or Console & what games do you play?

Post by Wolfee »

So are you a "member of the PC Master Race? Or are you a Console Peasant? " (A question of of my favorite Youtube game reviewers asks)

I am a member of the PC master race thank you very much... though I do have an Xbox one to play with my friends.

Used to play:
(lots of FPS games and flight sims of all kinds)
Eve Online
Path Of Exile
Star Trek online.

Currently Play:
World of Warships
World of Tanks
Destiny - on XBOX one - bought it specifically because I wanted to play this game - will stay with Destiny 2 on Xbox (not PC) because of my friends.
(play once through) any new XCOM
(every once in a great while) Subnautica
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: What do you play? PC or Console & what games do you play?

Post by kyli »

So as far as online game playing is concerned, the only game i've ever played, and am still playing, is a the mobile game, clash of clans. As far as other games are concerned, i don't play much and never online. That being said, i don't consider myself a gamer. Tho on PC, i really enjoyed playing a few older games, stronghold crusader, freelancer story mode only, and maybe a coulpe others. I spend a lot of my free time reading and rereading books.

Edit:
Wolfee wrote:
Used to play:
(lots of FPS games and flight sims of all kinds)
Ok this just made me put aside my book and go play Wings of War for a little while. :lol:
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

I play Destiny on XBOX One. I also play Witcher 3 occasionally.

Looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda.
Bakasama
Talent

Post by Bakasama »

So I am a "Kinda" a PC master race person in that I usually prefer games on PC if given a choice, and I absolutely am disappointed in current gen consoles as they were significantly underpowered for when they launched, hell the ps4pro is still underpowered for the when the base ps4 launched.

Having said that, a lot of AAA games are developed for consoles first and then maybe ported to PC as an afterthought which can result in sub par experiences(Batman anyone). Also for developing there is a advantage to consoles that a lot of people I have seen don't take into account, when you know the exact hardware the software will be running on you can outperform hardware with the exact same specs to some degree(this is why for instance PS2 emulation still isn't fantastic on even modern PC's playable yes)

Anyway the main question asked is "What do you play?"

I am currently playing
FFXIV(Lunamaria Hawke on Marlboro)
Just Cause 3(replaying it . . . just cause)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dishonored 2
Uncharted 4
I am Setsuna
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

Who the heck has time to play games? There are so many books out there! So many stories, webnovels, translations!

In the rare, rare times in which I don't have anything to read, I'll just use my PC for idle gaming. It's more like an afterthought since I can do so without investing into more than the game itself... well, if even that, since I often rather grab some of those ancient games that kept me busy a decade or two ago. Those aren't exactly available and supported anymore. Most of those companies just don't exist anymore. :-(

Still, I prefer to read rather than spend any more time in front of the computer than I already do. A rainy day, the air smelling of said rain, listening to that while reading very calming and peaceful. Naturally, you have to sit on the patio or inside the house. If you'll get rained on it stops being calming.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

MartinK wrote:Who the heck has time to play games? There are so many books out there! So many stories, webnovels, translations! ......
This presumes there is actually that much quality stuff to read! I say not. I actually signed up for Kindle Prime or whatever it is, 10 bucks a month lets you read over 1m books for free. It generally saves me money. I've gone through a lot of web fiction and frankly while there is some great stuff out there - its mostly trash.

Sides the games I play these days are all multi-player - so I'm generally chatting with friends who are playing the same game and match with me... so much more fun that way!
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

I just started playing Path of Exile on my PC. I googled "games like Diablo" and it was #1. It is a wonderful Diablo-esque game with a CRAZY HUGE skill tree. More like a skill forest. It has all the stuff I enjoyed in Diablo. Killing, looting, more killing, more looting.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Pretty much have everything, Wii U, PS4, xbox 1, and the PC.

My kids love the Ps4 and Xbox, me I love my computer, I mostly play Wow, Diablo 3, Civ 5/6, GTA 5, Just cause 3, etc.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

I have not had a console since the Atari 800. Thus, I am a PC gamer since the days of Warcraft, Aces of the Pacific, Dune, Command & Conquer.... for DOS using a SoundBlaster 16 ISA sound card and less than one MEGabyte of RAM.

Now I play Rise of Nations - Extended, Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion, BF4, BF3, Age of Empires II HD Edition, Overwatch. Occasionally Titanfall (I don't like Titanfall 2), Rainbow 6 Siege and Starcraft II.

I have never played any games like Evercrack and World of Warcraft. Never saw the need to pay to install and pay to play a game.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

I play iPad. I suppose that inherently makes me a casual player, but I have ports of lots of console games on it and a USB controller. My latest has been Space Marshalls 2, a very well done stealth shooter game for mobile only. Before that it was Bully: Anniversary Edition, Final Fantasy I, and Fallout 3. Next on the list is Implosion.

I'll play any system. I'm rarely on anything other than my ipad now (simply because it meets the majority of my needs) but I primarily played PC over console before that. Mostly because I had the PC already and multiple consoles would be expensive.