So what was I reading when I joined? What about your first story here?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
ilox
Sorcerer

So what was I reading when I joined? What about your first story here?

Post by ilox »

I was just taking notice of when some people joined and I wondered when I had joined here. Surprised me to find it was 04 Apr 2005! Yikes! I have been here that long, wow!

Fel mate, you have been entertaining me for more than 10 years! Thanks are simply not enough to show how much I appreciate the value of your stories.

So I am guessing that I was reading about Tarrin at that time, what story was current around that time? Book 3? 4? 5? Something else?

What story did you first start reading when you started to hang out here?
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: So what was I reading when I joined? What about your first story here?

Post by kyli »

I was reading earth bond for the first time and started subjugation soon after i joined also for the first time. I remember that the latest chapter of earth bond, chapter 24, had just come out but for some reason, i couldn't download it. The reason i joined the forum was to see if i could download it as a member. It worked, but i still don't know why it didn't work the first time. That was just under 3 years ago though i had already read the Tarrin books a couple years earlier.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

I certainly enjoyed that story. Well I have enjoyed all of Fel's tales but anything that includes dragons is my kind of story LOL
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

I was reading a recommendation for links to good Sci-Fi on EWP (Electronic Wilderness Publishing) and got a link to Subjugation. From there I don't think I have missed checking the site for more than 3 days at any one time. I joined in 2006 so 10 great years for me :)
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

I really don't remember. The Tarrin stories were done, Subjugation was done, Kit and Spirit Walker hadn't started yet, so I'd guess one of the later Faey stories. And I don't remember how I found this site, except it was probably a recommendation from another site.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

As I recall, I jumped for Journeyverse (Tenhawk) to Tarrin to Subjugation which was simply amazing. I've actually been reading Fel and loving his stories longer than I have had kids, and Subjugation got me interested in engineering which got me started in my career now as a biochemist. Have to hand it to Fel, he writes some seriously engrossing stuff.

I've read all his stories multiple times, but I think my favorite is Kit, simply because it's an allegorical tale about life, but I actually learned something about business while reading it, that made me some money :)
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Lokis Advisor wrote:I was reading a recommendation for links to good Sci-Fi on EWP (Electronic Wilderness Publishing) and got a link to Subjugation. From there I don't think I have missed checking the site for more than 3 days at any one time. I joined in 2006 so 10 great years for me :)
February of 2004 is when the addiction started and it was right at the end of book one of Tarrin's chronicles or maybe book 2.

Does anyone else miss EWP? There were some good authors there and I wonder what happened to them. The bickering between admins took it from an awesome site to eventually being owned by the domain holder/squatters.

Thanks Fel for 12+ years of quality reading that I would gladly pay for.

Thanks to our admins for making this site work and keep working so well!

J-Man5
sOmeone
Initiate

Post by sOmeone »

Net wolf turned the site over to another guy named julian.
Julian let the site rot until there was an author/admin revolt.
This was around 2006.

I was trying to help with the site back then(was one of the assistant admins),
but the head admin(julian) really had no interest in fostering the community.
J-Man5 wrote:
Lokis Advisor wrote:I was reading a recommendation for links to good Sci-Fi on EWP (Electronic Wilderness Publishing) and got a link to Subjugation. From there I don't think I have missed checking the site for more than 3 days at any one time. I joined in 2006 so 10 great years for me :)
February of 2004 is when the addiction started and it was right at the end of book one of Tarrin's chronicles or maybe book 2.

Does anyone else miss EWP? There were some good authors there and I wonder what happened to them. The bickering between admins took it from an awesome site to eventually being owned by the domain holder/squatters.

Thanks Fel for 12+ years of quality reading that I would gladly pay for.

Thanks to our admins for making this site work and keep working so well!

J-Man5
PrincelyGuy
Initiate

Post by PrincelyGuy »

While I am a relatively new member, I have been lurking on this site for many years. I have been going through my hard drives looking for the oldest stories saved and it seems to be around 2004 or so. I still go back and reread all of the stories. My favorite serial has to be Sennadar. Then again, The first Subjugation story with all of those tricks being played makes me smile just thinking about them. I just hope that Fel continues to put out stories that make all of us smile and laugh at his whimsy and the situations that he puts those characters into.
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

I do not know when I actually joined the first time, but it was several iterations before my Crxbnt version! I was cruising bulletin boards for years before the world wide web came around, and I joined when the first Tarrin novel was only a few chapters old! Back then there was no web mail, and most of the ISP and mail providers from that time have died and gone. I was directed to an early web site belonging to Fel from another story site where someone raved about this new writer with a story that he could not categorize. I was hooked, and have been following ever since.
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

EWP! That is the site that I was trying to remember! That is where I heard about Fel and Tarrin.
ab310577
Talent

Post by ab310577 »

I think ewp has become wolfpub.org . Netwolf has become Eric storm. He is probably running the site.

I started reading when book 4 of tarrin was being posted. Awful long time from then. Have loved each of fels works. And while
Wating for the next chapter have gotten hooked to Mike corpos wolves and dragons of the world.
sOmeone
Initiate

Post by sOmeone »

ab310577 wrote:I think ewp has become wolfpub.org . Netwolf has become Eric storm. He is probably running the site.

I started reading when book 4 of tarrin was being posted. Awful long time from then. Have loved each of fels works. And while
Wating for the next chapter have gotten hooked to Mike corpos wolves and dragons of the world.
No, ewp and wolfpub are two seperate sites. Wolfpub was started during the demise of EWP. Most of the authors and admins jumped to wolfpub.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

I sure remember the days of EWP and it may have been there that I first heard about Fel. Not real sure, so much of that time is foggy LOL
Cheers, Ian
Doc Spratley
Initiate

Post by Doc Spratley »

I remember....Although I only signed up in 2007...I have been lurking for years. The story that hooked me was The Tower of Sorcery....but I am sure that I read this on the "old" site. I must admit that Fel and the other authors on this site have given me hours and hours of enjoyment. Thank you to all.