So, now that that's nearly over...

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

So, now that that's nearly over...

Post by Fel »

I should be back to writing early to middle of next week.

The reason why I haven't been able to is a confluence of working 12-16 hours a day six days a week on top of the usual spring stuff, like the first lawn mow of the year and whatnot.

I put in a ton of overtime, most of which went into buying me a kick-ass new lawn mower that should cut my lawn time down to around four hours. Maybe cut it down enough to do it all in one day, if I buckle down and get it done.

Yeah, four. It used to be around seven or eight. I have a BIG yard, plus I mow my uncle's yard nextdoor (he lives in Florida, it's not like he can do it himself) and also mow a field on the other side of my house.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a nice long rest when I finally get some time off, then I'll be back to writing when I feel up to it.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
bjeane
Initiate

Re: So, now that that's nearly over...

Post by bjeane »

Take your time, Fel.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel wrote:I should be back to writing early to middle of next week.

The reason why I haven't been able to is a confluence of working 12-16 hours a day six days a week on top of the usual spring stuff, like the first lawn mow of the year and whatnot.

I put in a ton of overtime, most of which went into buying me a kick-ass new lawn mower that should cut my lawn time down to around four hours. Maybe cut it down enough to do it all in one day, if I buckle down and get it done.

Yeah, four. It used to be around seven or eight. I have a BIG yard, plus I mow my uncle's yard nextdoor (he lives in Florida, it's not like he can do it himself) and also mow a field on the other side of my house.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a nice long rest when I finally get some time off, then I'll be back to writing when I feel up to it.

Mowing lawn? What is this strange ritual you speak of? Cause its still snowing in lower michigan! Less than 1 hour from the Indiana boarder!
betatester
Katzh-dashi

Post by betatester »

So which story is first?

I vote for Conviction
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Post by Mac The Knife »

As I look out my window at the snow coming down,,,, You're mowing grass.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

The time and energy that it takes to mow the lawn has lead to many inventions. The solution that the japanese people came up with is one i especially like. They spend a lot of time once to exterminate every blade of grass once and for all and put lots of stones up. A stone garden can be the embodiment of tranquility and beauty. You may even reach the state of being one with the world, your worries melted away.

A pity, when i was young i never once succeeded in talking my father around to that idea. Since then, i have moved into a bigger city and here, there is no lawn to be taken care of. Still, stones are a lot easier to keep from growing than grass. ;-)

On the other hand, one of those nifty smallish tractors you can sit on and drive around with would be a new toy as well. And just recently a guy put up a video on youtube on how to modify your lawn mower with an arduino to control it remotely, just like one of those remote controlled little cars i tortured our cat on christmas with all those years ago. I wonder if that could be modified to let it run on automatic. Hmmm...
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
calista241
Katzh-dashi

Post by calista241 »

i HATE yard work. It's the worst punishment imaginable.
Igi
Sorcerer

Post by Igi »

betatester wrote:So which story is first?

I vote for Conviction
+1 !!! :D :D :D
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm gonna finish task first, silly people. After that, I honestly haven't decided yet. I'll either work on Earth Bond, Spelldancer, or Conviction. Time to break out the three-sided die.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Kendog
Novice

Post by Kendog »

What about Kit?
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Fel wrote:I'm gonna finish task first, silly people. After that, I honestly haven't decided yet. I'll either work on Earth Bond, Spelldancer, or Conviction. Time to break out the three-sided die.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

Hmmm, I would vote for Fox.

arargh
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

My vote is for Conviction :D
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Well, there is no vote, but my hope is for more Earth Bond, then Spelldancer after A Simple Task. Then some more of Tarrin. This story have really reminded me of how much i miss him and his crew.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Lawn mower make/model? I also have a large lawn that I care for, currently with a 21 inch Sears push mower for the most part. I'm doing repairs to my riding mower, John Deere 314, and if things get out of hand I just use a Farmall H with a Lilliston 7-6 finish mower. :)

I just started reading the latest tale of Tarrin, and am trying to catch up on everything else.