Why is the super Bowl. ,such a big deal???

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Why is the super Bowl. ,such a big deal???

Post by dellstart »

Don't get me wrong,I understand it's a Grand final and all that. Just the hype is just ,so so so so overboard ...I mean who really cares which or what add plays, or who sang etc
The Football. world cup(soccer) is way bigger, yet ,I dunno , if it gets the hoopla and three ring circus hype, the super bowl does. kinda up there , with the Olympics :?:
postal
Initiate

Re: Why is the super Bowl. ,such a big deal???

Post by postal »

My opinion is that the North Americans are such large "egotists" that anything they do has to be bigger, larger, and most outstanding. The most to show off the better!

I live up here and see it happening constantly!!!!!!!!!!!
Quinn31
Initiate

Post by Quinn31 »

I dunno i never follow that stuff It really doesn't appeal to me.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

postal wrote:My opinion is that the North Americans are such large "egotists" that anything they do has to be bigger, larger, and most outstanding. The most to show off the better!
Well, I'm a Canadian and I disagree with your statement that ALL North Americans feel that "anything they do has to be bigger, larger, and most outstanding." Now don't get me wrong, Canadians like to compete and we like to win, but nothing like the Yanks - except perhaps when we win against them (& especially when we're playing Hockey).

Not only that, but I find the "Stupor Bowl" to be totally boring and an utter waste of time. I haven't watched it in 20 years and that was only because I was stuck in a small cabin during a blizzard with a couple of Yanks who insisted on watching and were so noisy that I couldn't concentrate on reading, writing or anything else.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
HiDef Dragon
Talent

Post by HiDef Dragon »

I'm not an NFL fan myself, but I do understand why it's so popular in the USA.

- It's a violent sport, which tends to appeal to the human psyche.
- It's very segmented. This annoys some people, but people have short attention spans and the short plays allow views to mentally restart their attention - and gives plenty of bathroom breaks to get rid of all the beer they drink :)
- There's a lot more "flash" to the plays than something like soccer. Yes soccer has "flash" plays too, but a lot of the game is positioning and strategy. In football, the fans don't have to wait through the build-up, they just get the execution of the strategy (instant gratification).

Plus, football is indoctrinated into Americans at an early age. In fact, you won't see an NFL game on a Friday night, primarily because that's the night high school games are played. Name any other sport where the professionals have to schedule around kids' games.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

And in Texas it's a way for parents to invest in their kids in preschool and hope for a future NFL player to bring home the money. We actually hav JumboTron color video scoreboards for high school football stadiums.

And just remember that any professional sport is an "entertainment industry." And thus has more marketing dollars than God has. Also the hype helps them develop more viewers and more revenue. Have you ever wondered why the teams with the most wins don't always win the championships? Could it be that the championships need to go to the large market teams?

I watch the SuperBowl for one reason. And that is to watch the commercials. I still miss the era of the dot coms when the best of the best commercials were created.

J-Man5
p.s. Yes I am this jaded and feel that most professional sports are not much more than over scripted acting like "Professional" Wrestling.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Never knew that , about Friday night scheduling .Interesting.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

J-man5 hit it a bit ....

It's a lot like Tin Foil :shock:

The Supper Bowl is were we get all the new Great Commercial releases.
If it wasn't for all the new commercials few would watch :roll:

Now back to the only football worth watching ......Husker Football! :mrgreen:

Go BIG RED !!!
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Phantom wrote:J-man5 hit it a bit ....

It's a lot like Tin Foil :shock:

The Supper Bowl is were we get all the new Great Commercial releases.
If it wasn't for all the new commercials few would watch :roll:

Now back to the only football worth watching ......Husker Football! :mrgreen:

Go BIG RED !!!
For you Phantom we provide an assortment of Red Tin Foil. For the rest of you: Bah Humbug! Get your own Tin Foil! I conjured mine out of Doritos and Prius parts and sacrificed a Budweiser animal avatar to the demon of Peyton! And thus I now have a roll of Greater Tin Foil +17 with a special unlimited refills roll and non finger slicing box.

J-Man5