Fel vs The Theives

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Fel vs The Theives

Post by Spec8472 »

Bad news all...I am on hiaitus for the near future. I just came h9me to find my house robbed, and they took everything. Con't
https://twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel/status ... 2162417665
The chapter is gone, my puter is gone, and I have serious house damage. I won't be recovering from this for months.
https://twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel/status ... 8594714624
Sorry all. Btw don't send paypal I have no way to get it in the bank without a puter...
https://twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel/status ... 2613087232
Someone post it on the forum, i'll do a followup when i have time. Meanwhile I have to board up a window in the dark while i wait for cops
https://twitter.com/Sennadar_Fel/status ... 8516216832
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: Fel vs The Theives

Post by Fel »

What spec said, more or less.

They took everything, and broke out a window to get in, so i'm sitting here more or less in shock.

Needless to say, i won't be doing any 2riting for a few weeks at least. I can't afford to replace anything for 2 weeks minimum, and it'll take m9nths to fully recover. I won't be in the mood to write even if i have time.

This maybsound silly, but i want to say sorry to you guys

this is the one tome when I would accept donatons gratefully, but in a bit of irony, i can't access 0aypal withour my puter. So you guys can't help even if you wanted to.

Anyway...guess it's time time to get up and start trying to salvage this situation. I honestly have no idea wtf to do, its 1:30am and the brike out window makes it too cold to sleep. I guess waking up ny neighbirs sawing and hammering is the first step

I'll post updates as i can, which will mainly be on twitter.

Later all. Wish me luck.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
fridgey
Sorcerer

Post by fridgey »

Wow, that just really sucks, sorry you're having to deal with this bullshit. Hope something positive's on the horizon, good luck :/
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Shoot!!! :( !!! After all this bad luck, you must be getting some good luck soon. I really can't wait to hear some really good news from your IRL. Now I'm all depressed :cry: . Best of luck and hopefully the thieves also stole your bad luck.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Good Luck Fel.

I know how you feel - like you've been violated in some way and I don't know about you, but after I had a break-in I felt helpless as hell, terribly friustrated and a bit stupid for not having better protection on my home.

I've had a computer stolen in the past, but in my case they broke the lock on a sliding window, not the window itself. They took the computer, the monitor, the keyboard, the modem and even the mouse (Not to mention my stereo, my TV, etc.). The surprising thing is that the cops caught the thieves (a couple of teenage kids who lived about three houses away) and got the computer back. The hard drive of course had been trashed and I had to start from scratch - that's when I start to do backups much more often and kept the backups separate from any other computer oriented bits and pieces - It's also when I started keeping a spare hard-drive and used to do a daily backup to that drive by using a hard-drive rack so the 2nd hard drive was removed and stored away each night. I use a usb drive now and only back up to it weekly.

As I said, best of luck, wishing you well and I hope they catch the SOBs (and string them up by their nether parts).

K Pelle
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Isengrim
Initiate

Post by Isengrim »

Damn, Fel, that sucks.

I know you won't be able to get into your PayPal account until you get a new computer. Having said that, I bet we could overcome that difficulty if we put our minds to it.

If there's someone you and the community trust to run it we could run a gofundme campaign and ship you a computer with those funds. Maybe there are other ways we could help too.
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

really bad luck m8,
all the best and be strong,

ham

ps,
don't you have a good friend with an pc, then we can help
H
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

This is a bummer. I hope they catch the thieves and you get your stuff back. I haven't had a chance (yet) to read the latest 3 chapters in the Walker saga, but I've got them downloaded for whenever the time makes itself available.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Let us know when and where we can help, I'm very sorry this happened to you. If you want, feel free to pm me some contact info and I will help you out some. You've given us years of joy, it would be great to be able to give some back to you during this hard time.
Sincerely,
Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Thanks for the support everyone.

And excuse typos, not very good at typing on my phone.

Usually I'd be apl noble and decline help, but this is not one of those times. I just finished talking to a window guy, and it'll cost $400 to replace the destroyed window and another window down in the basement that could be broken into the same way. They didn't break the window, the cut\bent out the aluminum frame holding the window panes. I can't find those panes, oddly enough. I susp3lect the thieves took them too.

I installed the paypal app on my phone, but more importantly, it seems me user data is showing when I sign in using chrome. So, I have TENTATIVE access to paypal. I haven't tried doing anything in it yet.

I'm not being proud this time. If someone wants to set up a gofundme to help me get back on my feet, I'd be utterly grateful. And to whom asked me for contact info, it still hasn't changed, my physical address is in the ostcard thread. That has never been a secret.

In case you can't find it:

James Galloway
3621 Skyview Drive
Huntington WV 25701

At this point, I'd accept donated bottlecaps. I was already broke after an $800 car repair bill (part of the craziness here the last month or so), and to replace what I lost with equivalent stuff, it'll take me months. But getting stuff will come AFTER repalcing the 2 windows downstairs. I can't leave those boards there.

On the silver lining side, my bedroom (I sleep downsrairs) is now VERY dark. That's the window they destroyed getting in.

I promise tou guys, I'll find some way to make this up to you. Seriously, you were there when I didn't even ask for help when the tree damaged my power lines, so much so I was embarrassed at all your generosity, and actually made something of an ass of myself over it. I don't do this for money or for attention. I'm actually gett8ng a little teary-eyed here ar how totally grateful I am to have friends like you all.

On another tack, I was looking at alarm\security options. Is SimpliSafe a viable security system? It looks to be about the only one in my price range. I could use some advice.
Super C
Initiate

Post by Super C »

Did you need a laptop?

I'm serious. I have one that's been staring me in the face for the past few years doing nothing but collecting dust. It's a Gateway convertible circa 2008, but it runs great. Model C-140X, Intel processor at 2.2 GHz, 2 gigs of ram and a 80 gig hard drive. Only caveat is that it's running vista 32bit. I was literally about to go donate it to goodwill this weekend but I would much rather it go to you. I can mail it tomorrow and have it to you by the weekend. Although I'll probably have to wipe all the programs. Too many games. :p
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Super C wrote:Did you need a laptop?

I'm serious. I have one that's been staring me in the face for the past few years doing nothing but collecting dust. It's a Gateway convertible circa 2008, but it runs great. Model C-140X, Intel processor at 2.2 GHz, 2 gigs of ram and a 80 gig hard drive. Only caveat is that it's running vista 32bit. I was literally about to go donate it to goodwill this weekend but I would much rather it go to you. I can mail it tomorrow and have it to you by the weekend. Although I'll probably have to wipe all the programs. Too many games. :p
I appreciate the offer, but a co-worker said he'd lend me one of his old laptops til I can replace mine. That should tide me over til I can get something permanent. No use sending something I'd sit on a shelf in a couple weeks.

Go ahead and donate yours , I'm sure goodwill would truly appreciate it.

So, by tomorrow, I should at least have a temp laptop to keep my distracted til I can get my own.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Thieves suck =/ Been through it myself a few times but it's never nice.

Buy yourself a Raspberry Pi + Camera module to record whatever happens in your house then upload it to a free account (like Google Drive/One Drive). At least you have something to give to the police if nothing else.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

I can't offer much more than moral support, but I'd like you to know that I appreciate your writing and hope you are able to get back to some sense of normalcy soon.

-M
Schuy
Initiate

Post by Schuy »

If you used your computer for banking and saved the passwords anywhere on it (at any time really, because even if you deleted the file, people like me can usually recover that type of thing if we try) make sure to change your passwords to your accounts. Also, I have a few spare laptops sitting around here to loan if you need to indefinitely borrow one. They're not top of the line and will probably be donated at some point when I upgrade my current systems again but I keep them handy for when people's machines crash and they need something to use while they're being fixed.

Also, just threw a donation your way, I'm doing well right now with work so glad to share the wealth. You've been able to keep me entertained with your writing for so long, that I figured I could help out. Thanks for all the fun reading along the way.

If you get stuck and need more make sure to keep us in the loop, I regularly drop lots of money on reading material that doesn't entertain me half as much as your stuff. I want to make sure we can keep you writing as long as you can.

Best of luck with everything

-Rich