Fel vs The Theives

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Re: Fel vs The Theives

Post by Fawks »

Sign up for Lifelock. Especially if you had your financial info on your comp. I had my laptop and digital SLR camera stolen a few years ago and I signed up for Lifelock because I had a lot of my account user and passwords on the laptop. Its a good thing that I had the serial number of the camera. It was found in the possession of a drug dealer about thirty miles away.

How would you prefer to get donations? Snail mail is slow and not totally secure. Maybe egift cards from Newegg?
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
reborn
Novice

Post by reborn »

that sucks

is the paypal safe to donate too?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

reborn wrote:that sucks

I hope so, since others have donated. In fact, I've hit the $500 withdrawl limit for the month.

As things stand now, I'm going to schedule the contract work to replace the destroyed windows Monday. Once those windows are replaced, I'll have a security system installed. Once I get that, I'll start replacing what was stolen. I see no wisdom in getting a new TV\puter when there's a real risk those can be stolen too. I'll think about things once the important matters are handled.

As it stands now, you guys have donated just over a thousand dollars, which will VERY MUCH help me get back on my feet. You guys are seriously some of the best examples of humanity there is in the world, and you have no idea how honored, grateful, and touched I am to be a part of you.

You guys made my elderly mother cry when I told her about your help in my time if need, and she is not a sentimental woman. That is TRULY saying something. :)

I'll keep you guys up to date on my progress.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
reborn
Novice

Post by reborn »

ill be donating some tomorrow.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Wow man. So sorry to hear that news.I hate those.F***kers.I really do.Really man. THAT has put a damper on my whole evening. Its not bloody fair. IT bloody isn't
I cant do much , but ill. Join the linching squad when u find em.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Got the contractors scheduled. Naturally the windows are non-standard, so they have to be made. So, I'll have them installed in 3 weeks. That gives me time to research security systems so I know what I'm getting when the windows are in.

I also have a tv now. I forgot about the old 27" tube TV I had before the stolen TV. It spent over a year in my external garage, exposed to summer heat and winter cold, and it rurned right on when I brought it back in. That seriously surprised me. So, with my loaner laptop and my ancient TV, I at least have the basics again. They'll hold me over til I can replace them with something more modern.

So, now I'm in wait mode.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Well, I just got some onteresting news from my mom. The cousin and her husband I suspected of robbing my house are in jail...for trying to sell stolen property. There's no guarantee that MY stuff is what got them arrwsted, but the simple fact that they're in jail is a hmmmmmmmmmmm subject.

I just called the detective handling my case to tell him about this little development.

I'm not holding much hope I get anything back, but knowing that jackwagon and my cousin are in jail makes happy in ways that are borderline immoral.

Tomorrow, I go nextdoor and lay down the mother of all ultimatums on my aunt. She let them move in, she will NOT let them stay in that house if they get bail.

Spiked club, activate!
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

malicious joy is the only true joy. And im happy a lot.
Hope faith smile on you and you will get your things back.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Fel wrote:
reborn wrote:that sucks

I hope so, since others have donated. In fact, I've hit the $500 withdrawl limit for the month.

As things stand now, I'm going to schedule the contract work to replace the destroyed windows Monday. Once those windows are replaced, I'll have a security system installed. Once I get that, I'll start replacing what was stolen. I see no wisdom in getting a new TV\puter when there's a real risk those can be stolen too. I'll think about things once the important matters are handled.

As it stands now, you guys have donated just over a thousand dollars, which will VERY MUCH help me get back on my feet. You guys are seriously some of the best examples of humanity there is in the world, and you have no idea how honored, grateful, and touched I am to be a part of you.

You guys made my elderly mother cry when I told her about your help in my time if need, and she is not a sentimental woman. That is TRULY saying something. :)

I'll keep you guys up to date on my progress.
Fel, use it wisely. And I'm happy to help. Consider it a purchase of every book you've written so far and the MANY hours and laughs I've gotten from them.

-Brandon
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Fel wrote:Well, I just got some onteresting news from my mom. The cousin and her husband I suspected of robbing my house are in jail...for trying to sell stolen property. There's no guarantee that MY stuff is what got them arrwsted, but the simple fact that they're in jail is a hmmmmmmmmmmm subject.
That is weird... It was my nephew who stole my laptop and dSLR camera.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

A lot of crimes are committed by people you know, or people who live close to you. I hope they are able to retrieve some of the stolen property.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

with the news of a most likely arrest and no word yet on my stuff, I think tomorrow I'm going to go out and buy a new laptop for writing. I've felt so relieved that I actually feel like writing again...but I have to restart chapter 4 from scratch. ><

I'll still need to replace my TV and desktop, but I figure I have to start somewhere. ;)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Get something decent so you can do more than just write on it though.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Lochar wrote:Get something decent so you can do more than just write on it though.
Shhh! Are you mad?! :shock: Do you remember the last time he got into WOW or another MMO? No writing! So um, yeah, fel, something with a word processor is all you need... Really! :D Just kidding. Glad you are starting to feel somewhat better about the situation.
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Got my new TV and laptop today. Once I get them set up, I'll feel 75% back to normal. :)

And it's thanks to you guys it was possible. Without your gracious help, I'd still have about nothing back. You guys are MY treasure.

Now to spend the next 6 hours setting things up. ;)

UPDATE: just got my TV set up, and OH MY GOOD LORD is it amazing! TV prices have really come down since the last time I TV shopped, so I could buy a 120HZ TV. It...is...just WOW. Wow.

Seriously. Wow.

Did I say wow? Wow.

Now to download 174 updates on the laptop...

UPDATE UPDATE: 174 downloads was faster than I expected, they must have all been tiny. Laptop is up and running, and I'm back to 75% operational capacity. I might actually start writing tomorrow, sadly I have too much to today.

But after I finish my chores, I HAVE A NICE TV TO WATCH AND NOT THAT 27" TUBE TV! Imma faint.

*fwump.