Ominous silence.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Ominous silence.

Post by Fel »

Yes, I know I've been very quiet the last few weeks. If you don't follow me on twitter, then you might not know why.

Every summer, my mother comes up from Florida and spends a month or so up here in West Virginia. When she does so, I curtail most other activities so I can spend time with her. I didn't play much Warcraft, didn't write much, about the only thing I managed was the occasional tweet. I think I only turned on this brand new computer maybe like 10 times in the last 3 weeks or so.

Well, when the tree hit my house, it screwed up our vacation plans to visit my sister in Maine, since I was going to pay for most of that trip. However, once my vacation started and we finished all the other stuff, we realized that since the damage to the house wasn't as bad as we feared, we had just enough money to make the trip if we pooled our assets, and we still had some time to actually enjoy ourselves up there. So, the next day, we jump in the car, drive 18 hours, spend 4 days up there, and drive 16 back (had a much smoother return trip), and we do it all on a shoestring budget that just barely got us back home with a half a tank of gas.

For those curious, it's about 950 miles, or about 1520 kilometers, from my house here in WV to my sister's house in Maine.

This morning, my mom up and decides that she's tired and ready to go home, so after driving 16 hours the previous day, she got in her car today and started her 15 hour trip back to Florida. For a 70 year old, that woman has lots of energy, and is much crazier than I am.

So, everything around here will now get back to some semblance of normal. Now that I've gotten all the "just got home" chores done, like laundry and restocking the fridge and mowing since it rained like EVERY DAY here in WV while I was gone and that makes the grass grow like crazy, I'm ready for some good old domestic boredom.

On the writing landscape, I've decided that chapter 13 will be the last chapter of Inception. After I finish it, I'll write another chapter in Fox and the Hawk, then I'll begin the last book of the Walker series, Walker of the Path.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Re: Ominous silence.

Post by zedd »

Welcome back :D And thank you for the updates.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Hope you have enjoyed your time with your family, it is so important to have loved ones in your life.

Books can wait, we do understand that you have over-riding priorities.
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Thanks for keeping us posted, Fel.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself and could go up to Maine. Your mother does sound crazy but aren't all mothers like that? I know mine surely is. Anywho, after seeing what coming up writing wise I was curious to know what is store for the Kit series? I haven't seen or heard much about it in quite some time. I did a quick search and didn't see anything so I thought I'd ask. Just curious and can't wait to finish reading Inception and the last book of the Walker series. Thanks for the update.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks for the updates Fel.... :)

Awww inception is ending.. and well I cannot have it all and wants this series to finish when I can feel that it has a long way to go.

But fox and spirit is a good series too. Well, Jasana is also good well I do not have any issues with any series you write. Cheers.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

What?!? A new story with Jasana???? Yippy!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Though I am looking forward to the Fox and Hawk and Walker updates I wonder what will be the sequel to Inception?

Retaliation? Reparation? Instigation? Incapacitation? Rejection? Repudiation? Annihilation? Disaccommodation? Negotiation? Vindication? Dispensation? Distribution? Allocation? Dissemination? Repartition? Dispersion? Diversification? Diversion? Division? Diffusion? Defension? Defenestration? Condensation? Insertion? Inflection? Inclusion? Deflection? Percolation? Depreciation? Disappreciation? Morcellation? Laceration? Recollection? Prehension? Apprehension? Misapprehension? Reprehension? Pretension? Comprehension? Incomprehension? Continuation? Conversion? Provision? Deprivation? Translation? Radiation? Protection? Partition? Segmentation? Fragmentation? Separation? Submission? Scission? Fractionation? Propagation? Proliferation? Prevarication? Preservation? Diffusion? Circulation? Pervasion? Divulgation? Rendition? Proportioning? Competition? Discrimination? Extradition? Extraction? Assignation? Absorption? Coercion? Compulsion? Prohibition? Necessitation? Dispossession? Expulsion? Eviction? Ejection? Emission? Revocation? Purification? Maybe even Crenellation?

Edit: Oops, sorry I got carried away there...
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Jasana? Guys, I think you're dreaming out loud there. As cool as that would be, I just don't see it reopening. Remember that the concept for the worker series was going to be set in Sennadar, but Fel pulled it.

Oh, thanks for the update Fel!
somni
Novice

Post by somni »

Can't say I'm not disappointed that subjugation will be put on hold for so long. I was hoping that you were on a roll and were going to power through with another book or 2, but I can certainly understand the need for a break now and again. We certainly don't want you burnt out on any of the stories. Think you will ever go back for a bit of Kit again? That was some god stuff there.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I too will be sorry to see Subjugation put on hold. My question is when do we go back to Sennadar?
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

I think in and amongst the various absurd options (defenestration, Really !?!?) presented by mjkj I think mjkj missed a good one, Escalation.

I await all of Fels' works In anticipation.
somni
Novice

Post by somni »

I also hear it is bad luck to end a book with 13 chapters. I think you need to bump that to 15 because odds are better then evens. Yup!
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

ramouton wrote:I think in and amongst the various absurd options (defenestration, Really !?!?) presented by mjkj I think mjkj missed a good one, Escalation.

I await all of Fels' works In anticipation.
True, I missed those two - sorry. Well, I did not claim the list to be either exhaustive or complete. ;)
Orinks
Talent

Post by Orinks »

Hi James/Fel,
What is your Twitter? I remember I followed you some years back, but you weren't very active at all so I'm not sure if I unfolowed you because of that or what, but I'd like to follow you again if you're more active, and even if you're not, well, I'llk keep up to date with what you post on there.
Off to catch up on a few stuff, finishing Shadow Walker and the Subjugation series up to Inception.
Then I'll be ready for the new Walker book. also, will you be doing more work on that paranormal series you started CH1 of? I read it recently and I'm interested to see what worlds and adventures this book takes us on.