Yeah, time for an update.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Yeah, time for an update.

Post by Fel »

I'm fairly sure that I'll get this chapter done by next weekend, or maybe a week from Monday or Tuesday. I'm 38 pages in and I can at least see the end of the chapter from the content perspective. How long it takes me to get there is the main question.

I could probably finish in a few days if not for the fact that I've been working a ton of overtime lately, and that severely cuts into my writing time. Great for the paycheck, bad for my hobbies.

I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel as far as overtime goes. Things are sufficiently crazy at work right now, and unfortunately, that means that for the near future, my writing time is going to remain really limited. I'll still be writing, it's just gonna be REALLY slow. I'm working 12-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, and will be doing so at least for at least 2 more weeks. At LEAST.

The only upside is I get a day off tomorrow...just in time to deal with the 12-15 centimeters of snow they're forecasting will fall overnight.

Yay.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
wizzo
Sorcerer

Re: Yeah, time for an update.

Post by wizzo »

Thanks for the update Fel.
Will be checking multiple times a day now :D
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

Thank you for the update Fel. :)
TheFanatics
Initiate

Post by TheFanatics »

Thanks Fel, for the update.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Thanks Fel! I don't know as I've ever seen this covered... But what do you for a living that gives that kind of insane OT??
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Wolfee wrote:Thanks Fel! I don't know as I've ever seen this covered... But what do you for a living that gives that kind of insane OT??
I remember hours like that, around this time of the year, but I was doing Income Tax preparation, which is a lot of work crammed into several months; taking all the hours you can during a very intense season, then falling back on bookkeeping for the rest of the year. Somehow I doubt that's what Fel's doing, although I could be wrong.

Yours,

John Mead
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Thank you for keeping us informed, Fel :)
PrincelyGuy
Initiate

Post by PrincelyGuy »

Thank you for the update. Working like that can cause extreme burnout, so take care of yourself first and then feed our habits second.
Rabblerouser
Novice

Post by Rabblerouser »

Fel wrote:I'm fairly sure that I'll get this chapter done by next weekend, or maybe a week from Monday or Tuesday. I'm 38 pages in and I can at least see the end of the chapter from the content perspective. How long it takes me to get there is the main question.

I could probably finish in a few days if not for the fact that I've been working a ton of overtime lately, and that severely cuts into my writing time. Great for the paycheck, bad for my hobbies.

I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel as far as overtime goes. Things are sufficiently crazy at work right now, and unfortunately, that means that for the near future, my writing time is going to remain really limited. I'll still be writing, it's just gonna be REALLY slow. I'm working 12-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, and will be doing so at least for at least 2 more weeks. At LEAST.

The only upside is I get a day off tomorrow...just in time to deal with the 12-15 centimeters of snow they're forecasting will fall overnight.

Yay.
Sorry, I think I'm missing this but what chapter are you nearing completion because I think you have serveral stories in play. Or is it just inception chapter 4 at the moment?

Thank You for the clarification.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

Fel usually only works on one Universe at a time. We got the test chapter to the new content because he wanted to get it out of his head and into print. He is currently working on Inception. Any chapters to any other Universes he may put out will typically be indicated to be for a differing Universe than the one he announced was being worked on. If the Universe is not stated then it typically implies that it is for the Universe he stated he was working on.

In this instance the chapter he is referring to is Inception Chapter 4.
Rabblerouser
Novice

Post by Rabblerouser »

Thanks ettoren. I am so happy to hear that!
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

yes . Life happens.... . we all understand