Complete books?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Complete books?

Post by lapland »

I was thinking of rereading some of the completed books, but can't seem to locate them. They use to be all on one page. Anyone know where they've gotten to?
fridgey
Sorcerer

Re: Complete books?

Post by fridgey »

Yeah, fel's main site is... rather dead looking.

http://www.weavespinner.net/worlds_of_fel.htm

That should have you covered.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Yeah! Shame on Fel!
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Eh ... I would far rather that he keep writing, rather than spending his precious time maintaining a website.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

actually if im not mistaken its actually Greymists duty now that spec has retired from hosting and maintaining the site. but i may be mistaken.
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

I just think that weavespinner website is awesome as i can easily read with epub files. :)
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I've got started a few times on creating a new front page, because I know having the default wordpress there is shocking/disgusting/I should know better, but I always get distracted before finishing :(
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

i may be able to help with it if you want. i recently found nice book management plugin for wp
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

gnume wrote:i may be able to help with it if you want. i recently found nice book management plugin for wp
Please - what is it ?? I have WP loaded on a new site and I'm going stark raving bananas because I can't seem to find any way to make it look the anything like way I want it to appear.

What I would dearly love to have is a way to upload simple .html directly onto the page, but as far as I can find out that seems to be impossible.

K Pelle
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

http://pressbooks.com/pressbooks-open-source-plugin
https://github.com/pressbooks/pressbooks/wiki/workflow the master branch

Requirements

PressBooks works with PHP 5.4.X and WordPress 3.5.1. Lower versions are not supported.

Installing the Plug-in

PressBooks is not for use on an existing blog. Instead it should be used with a fresh, mulit-site WordPress install.

you need to do an frash install before installing this plugin.
i do have some expiriance with WP if you need help
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Catgodify wrote:I just think that weavespinner website is awesome as i can easily read with epub files. :)
I like it too. Especially since it has cost me over four hundred dollars for the web hosting and domain name since 2006.

I asked Fel back in January of 2006 if I could use Weavespinner as a domain name to post the stories to. It has been interesting at times to keep the website up. But, I love the stories too, and wanted to get them out for easier access. At the time I was using Mobipocket on my windows mobile Dell Axim PDA. I created a .doc file that had chapter links of each book and exported it into HTML and Mobipocket and posted it up for easy access. After a few years I found Calibre and converted the books into other formats and posted them on the site.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Rabblerouser
Novice

Post by Rabblerouser »

[quote="Fawks"][quote="Catgodify"]I just think that weavespinner website is awesome as i can easily read with epub files. :)[/quote]

I like it too. Especially since it has cost me over four hundred dollars for the web hosting and domain name since 2006.

I asked Fel back in January of 2006 if I could use Weavespinner as a domain name to post the stories to. It has been interesting at times to keep the website up. But, I love the stories too, and wanted to get them out for easier access. At the time I was using Mobipocket on my windows mobile Dell Axim PDA. I created a .doc file that had chapter links of each book and exported it into HTML and Mobipocket and posted it up for easy access. After a few years I found Calibre and converted the books into other formats and posted them on the site.[/quote]

The weavespinner site is how I was introduced to the Subjugation series and Fels work. I am greatful that the stories are available in both word, PDF and HTMl format as I can have multipule copies of the same story open at the same time and easily flip between them.

Thank You.
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

Well Fawks you have my thanks as i might not have found out about Fel without it. :]
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

Catgodify wrote:Well Fawks you have my thanks as i might not have found out about Fel without it. :]
Your welcome.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.