How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Post by Fawks »

I'm starting an off topic conversation here. :wink:

How did you first learn about Fel's stories?

Way back in 2004 I spent a lot of the year unemployed. I began to chat to some people online through another authors website. NetWolf's website I believe it was. Anyway some of the other chatters at 2 am in the morning recommended a story about a character who was a were animal and could use magic. After a few months they finally convinced me to try the series. I tried the series at least 3 times to make sure that I understand the plots. Just to make sure of that, I'm reading Tower of Sorcery for the forth ( or maybe its the fifth) time. :)

Lets see. Subjugation, at least four times. Kit, at least two times. Spirit Walker two times. Shadow Walker and Earth Bond, once. A lot of the times the rereads began when whispers of a new book on the series.

Do any of you have a list of when each chapter was originally posted?

Y'all have fun reading
Fawks
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Re: How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Post by Cougar2k2 »

I don't recall how or when I first came to know of Fel's writings. It was a long time ago though I can say the early 2000's. The Pyrosian Chronicles was still incomplete, I'd say halfway through 'Axe of the Dwarven King', and only the first 3 chapters of Subjugation were written, I do remember that. It was a few years later that I actually started posting in the forums.
Last edited by Cougar2k2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
casper2222
Initiate

Post by casper2222 »

i came in around the time that the subjugation universe had 2 books or so i was looking at a top list of writers on a website somewhere and saw this one
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Pretty sure i came in during the third or fourth of the initial Sennadar books. Not sure, it's been a long time.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I honestly do not know HOW I learned about Fel and his stories. I only know when because I recall that during slow periods of the day I was able to sit and read. It was between May 2005 - June 2006 that I found out about Fel's stories. I remember being a walking sleep-deprived zombie while I caught up on all that had previously been written. I only remember reading the Sennadar story line. I don't recall Subjugation or other tales being available at that time.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

Like most folks I don't remember how I found my way to Fel's work I just know that I somehow stumbled upon weavespinner.net and it led me to the forums here.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I'm going to say the mid-late 90's, I used to chat on IRC a lot when I was around 14-15 (so 14 or 15 years ago), meet Fel on there and started reading his great books. I'm going to say that Honour and Blood was being written at that time (3rd book in the Sennadar series).

So it has been a very long while.
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

I was reading the forums at the now defunct EWP site and someone mentioned Subjugation so I came over and joined in at about chapter 7. It all wonderful history since then and I have hooked about another 20 people on reading everything here.
As always, Thanks Fel.
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

ettoren wrote:Like most folks I don't remember how I found my way to Fel's work I just know that I somehow stumbled upon weavespinner.net and it led me to the forums here.
Its nice to know that me posting copies of Fel's stories on my website is pulling more readers in. :)
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fell should do a quick 1 hour clean-up of each of the books of the Sennadar series and post them on SOL. One a month or something, listing this site as the source for more chapters... be a lot more readers and folks commenting if he did that.

Or he could clean up just the first book or chapter of each series and post them on SOL and list this site again as the location to find the rest of the chapters. Just an idea.
Last edited by Wolfee on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

For the life of me I can't remember. Subjugation was complete, I remember that much. But there was mention of Fel's work at some other site I was visiting, it wasn't just a lucky google crawl. I did register right away, so when this posts we'll be able to look to the right and see when I registered, which will say when I stumbled across this site.

Yours,

John Mead
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

ewpub is were I first heard about it. BTW I really miss that site and some of the folks who started stuff there but never finished. Corvis for one. Warlord is on StoriesOnline but his health has really messed up his writing. I think I've been around on this server and the prior one from around 2000/2001. Alot of the original account creation dates got messed up/lost at one point if I remember right.

BTW Thanks Fel for the many many years of good reading!

J-Man5
Writing from Sunny but windy South Texas
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Good Question.
Probably goggled ‘Fantasy stories’, and ended up here.Imagine that was early 2000's as well. Was for sure, in the middle of Tarrin’s story. (Maybe Shadow realm or bit later.) Remember the Prysoria arc starting for sure.
As for Subjugation, think, was bored waiting for The Tarrin update. Clicked on the link and haven’t looked back since. Mind you, did take a while for that one to get updated. proably arrived in the earlier to mid stage of that story as well.
The other stories , just came in later.
khyranleander
Initiate

Post by khyranleander »

I was actually referred here, myself -- on a bet, of sorts. It was a few chapters before the last of the Pyrosia books were finished, a guy whose story I was editing at the time got into a discussion about it somehow. Think I was complaining about running out of stuff to read, as I'm a rather swift reader. So he pointed out the then-not-quite-finished Sennadar/Pyrosia series and assured me I couldn't finish the lot within a certain time period. Think it was either one week or two -- and that I got peeved when I was only a couple days late beating the deadline, but of course I had extenuating excuses! :mrgreen: Still, bruised ego or not, I was hooked by that point!
Mercentaur de Baudoin
Bester
Sorcerer

Post by Bester »

khyranleander wrote:I was actually referred here, myself -- on a bet, of sorts. It was a few chapters before the last of the Pyrosia books were finished, a guy whose story I was editing at the time got into a discussion about it somehow. Think I was complaining about running out of stuff to read, as I'm a rather swift reader. So he pointed out the then-not-quite-finished Sennadar/Pyrosia series and assured me I couldn't finish the lot within a certain time period. Think it was either one week or two -- and that I got peeved when I was only a couple days late beating the deadline, but of course I had extenuating excuses! :mrgreen: Still, bruised ego or not, I was hooked by that point!
As I recall, I also blackmailed you into not starting until you'd finished editing my latest chapter. Long time no see, KB, and glad to see you still roaming around!

As for me, I also caught the link from EWPub.