How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
anim8ed
Talent

Re: How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Post by anim8ed »

It was mentioned when someone asked for a recommendation at the Storiesonline (SOL) forum. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... WncHmv7t58 Yes, I have only just heard about it and have only finished one book so far. I now have lots and lots of material to keep me out of trouble for a while. :D
diwafiven
Talent

Post by diwafiven »

I found out about the Kael Chronicles first when I was trying to find decent reading material online when it became nearly impossible for me to buy books of the type I liked due to already reading all the good ones.
Super C
Initiate

Post by Super C »

Seems like this topic comes up every 3 years or so...

I'm a huge D&D fan and couldn't for the life of me remember the racial name of demons (I was explaining it to a friend). Since I didn't have a monster manual at the time, the only demon class I could remember was a Marilith, so I did a web search and one of the links was to an online doc about a werecat overlooking a demon horde being led by a marilith. Turns out it was Honor and Blood, before the assault on Suld. I read the entire chapter, not knowing any of the characters or that there were other chapters and quickly forgot the original reason I was looking up demons. A few months later after having read all the books up to the Pyrosian chronicles (it hadn't been written yet) I remembered the original word I was looking up that had slipped my mind.

Tanar'ri. :D
starwarscards
Talent

Post by starwarscards »

I heard about it on a Legendary Moonlight Sculptor fan translation site's forum when i was looking for reading material because i caught up with the current translation. Unfortunately I am now almost caught up with what is written here too *cries*
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

How did I learn about this place?

Well...
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Well, like Fel says. TRying to be smart aleck.

I was searching for good online reads I think back in 2008. I was searching for a guy who idid not try too hard but ended up saving the world and lo and behold... found one on Fel's site. Well the rest is history. I even check on vacations stuck in remote places. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Hillybob
Talent

Post by Hillybob »

I saw a link on an Amazon author forum to the Weaverspinner site and from there to here.
rphilip
Talent

Post by rphilip »

Mizriath wrote:Well, like Fel says. TRying to be smart aleck.

I was searching for good online reads I think back in 2008. I was searching for a guy who idid not try too hard but ended up saving the world and lo and behold... found one on Fel's site. Well the rest is history. I even check on vacations stuck in remote places. :D
Interesting, you found Fel's site 2 years after you joined this forum? :)

I don't remember when/where I first ran across Fel's work. It was way back before the forum(s) or in their early days. As I recall no major works other then Sennadar were in progress. Posting was to a simple black Pretty sure most/all of Firestaff was written, Pyrosian Chronicles may or may not have been started.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:How did I learn about this place?

Well...
It was me posting on your old forums and/or emailing you telling you to register. :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

rphilip wrote: Interesting, you found Fel's site 2 years after you joined this forum? :)

I don't remember when/where I first ran across Fel's work. It was way back before the forum(s) or in their early days. As I recall no major works other then Sennadar were in progress. Posting was to a simple black Pretty sure most/all of Firestaff was written, Pyrosian Chronicles may or may not have been started.
Oops, my bad. I cannot even remember dates anymore. Apologies for getting old and senile. :0p :oops:

Just happy to find Fel's site. :D
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fel wrote:How did I learn about this place?

Well...
It was me posting on your old forums and/or emailing you telling you to register. :)
SILENCE! I was trying to look all mysteriously powerful!
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

About half a year ago, reading some random fanfic someone did with a werecat in it.
Commented on that someone mentioned the firestaff series. I looked it up. Loved it.
Rambulator
Novice

Post by Rambulator »

I learned about Fel's site back in 2008 on the old Sennadar site, it took another year before I found the new Sennadar site that now has turned to Worlds of Fel. Finally found my way to this forum in 2011. :P

Don Yant aka Rambulator
Catgodify
Novice

Post by Catgodify »

Just have to add that i'm damn happy i found out about Fel.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

I was linked to Fel's works, but I don't remember by who. It might have been from EWP, because I remember being into Camp for a short period.

My first look at Fel's stuff was from Fawks's yahoo group. After that I found the website with the disclaimer. Sword of Fire was approaching its final chapters, and I remember going back to Fawks's group even after finding other sites because I couldn't find Sword of Fire chapters with the same formatting.

At the time I was unemployed, so I literally did nothing but read-sleep-eat-read for 4 or 5 days. Finished the entire series in under a week.