How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
CoatOSilver
Novice

Re: How did you learn about Fel/Sennadar?

Post by CoatOSilver »

Well I don't remember exactly, but I was bored around 2009 and searched for stories on the net to read while at work. It ended up in me printing the first books of the firestaff series to read at home in bed (no ebook available back then and the laptop was way too heavy for comfortable reading).

So I guess I'm one of the late-comers
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

I did learn about Fel and his stories via TWF ( http://topwebfiction.com/ ). I already followed a few web-fiction stories that were listed there and I did vote for them. Every once in a while I read through the list there to see if any story there catches my eyes. So I found the listing of Subjugation there and checked it out ( it was directing me to http://www.weavespinner.net/Fel/Subjugation by Fel ®.htm* ) and so I started reading the Subjugation series posted there and then came here via the link there to find more updates...

I do not remember exactly when I found it -- it must have been about half of book 3 of the Subjugation series "Unification" that was posted at Weavespinner's and a bit more here...

In the meantime I have read all of Fel's series accessible here.

mjkj

* It still is directing there though the website does not exist anymore so now one gets a 404 error there -- the correct link is now http://www.weavespinner.net/Worlds_of_Fel.htm...
untimelyhenry
Talent

Post by untimelyhenry »

I discovered Sennadar via a link on EWP. I read through all of it on that awful old site (sorry, but the pop-up copyright notice was a real PITA). Subjugation I ended up encountering years later on a different site. I would guess SOL, but it's not there. It took me awhile before I discovered that they came from the same source.
Dregrin
Novice

Post by Dregrin »

I first learned of Fel while stationed in Misawa Japan from a navy guy working there, he pointed me at the website and told me a bit about both subjugation and Firestaff, i think sub was on chapter 18 at the time, I started with subjugation because i was looking for something Scifi at the time and Subjugation quickly became my favorite story. I have since passed the stories and webpage to about 20 different people Ive worked with who were looking for something to read.
Anakha
Novice

Post by Anakha »

From discussion on Amazon message board for P.S Power books.

"What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discu ... ZFMQ9CM57X
TheFanatics
Initiate

Post by TheFanatics »

I was looking for something to read online, and was directed here by an online friend.
Byte Storm
Initiate

Post by Byte Storm »

untimelyhenry wrote:I discovered Sennadar via a link on EWP. I read through all of it on that awful old site (sorry, but the pop-up copyright notice was a real PITA). Subjugation I ended up encountering years later on a different site. I would guess SOL, but it's not there. It took me awhile before I discovered that they came from the same source.
That is the same place I learned of of it. I believe, I can't rightly recall anymore.

Though, I must be from a lot further back than you, as I do not recall a copyright popup on that site. 'Course, I started reading NetWolf's stuff around 2000, and I haven't been there in quite some time.

Damn that was a long time ago!
canisd
Weavespinner

Post by canisd »

Byte Storm wrote:
untimelyhenry wrote:I discovered Sennadar via a link on EWP. I read through all of it on that awful old site (sorry, but the pop-up copyright notice was a real PITA). Subjugation I ended up encountering years later on a different site. I would guess SOL, but it's not there. It took me awhile before I discovered that they came from the same source.
That is the same place I learned of of it. I believe, I can't rightly recall anymore.

Though, I must be from a lot further back than you, as I do not recall a copyright popup on that site. 'Course, I started reading NetWolf's stuff around 2000, and I haven't been there in quite some time.

The copyright notice in question was on one version of the Sennedar website.

Myself I can't remember how I got to the story maybe EWP like others but I do know it was fall 2001to spring 2002.

Edit: I know it was fall of 2001, as I just managed to find an IRC log from December of 2001
D'ni botsahv prehniv

The ending has not yet been written
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

canisd wrote:
Byte Storm wrote:

The copyright notice in question was on one version of the Sennedar website.

Myself I can't remember how I got to the story maybe EWP like others but I do know it was fall 2001to spring 2002.

Edit: I know it was fall of 2001, as I just managed to find an IRC log from December of 2001

I remember The Copyright Popup being on ........sennadar.plebian.net......I'm not sure about if it was also on the original sennadar.com or not.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Phantom wrote:I remember The Copyright Popup being on ........sennadar.plebian.net......I'm not sure about if it was also on the original sennadar.com or not
The plebian.net version was copied from sennadar.com or some variant thereof. I think I killed off the popup though.
ThisAndThat1
Sorcerer

Post by ThisAndThat1 »

I am not sure but is was back around 99 or 2000. If I had to guess I would say EWP was the source.
I can remember that the first book of Sennadar was not done yet - I think...
"Molon labe!" (Come and get them!) King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

If tyranny & oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

“The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun.” Patrick Henry
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

I learned about Fel through an author forum post on amazon in may of this year, as i was anxiously awaiting news of the authors next book, and one of the other posters included a list of other material to try whilst waiting, the only set of works that i hadn't already purchased and read were the works of Fel, at this point in time, i have read everything written by Fel, at least once, going on 3 times for everything, and all the fanfiction listed on the sennadar forums with the exception of blame charlie, and detour to otherwhen. Of the fan fiction, the works that i have enjoyed most thus far have been assimilation and thor's child. I am anxiously hoping the authors don't let the works die, as everything i have read thus far has been worthy of purchase, and multiple re-reads. Keep up the good work Fel, and all other associated authors.
baby-gurl1991
Talent

Post by baby-gurl1991 »

I found this site by always looking for new books to read
Vash360
Novice

Post by Vash360 »

Fel's stories were recommended by a guy on a yahoo group for a different writer about Spartans and wolves and vampires that's still being written
boss1138
Talent

Post by boss1138 »

Knew Fel for a while actually. One day we talked about how we liked writing sci-fi and fantasy stories and he told me about Subjugation so I decided to check it out.