Seen any good TV \movies or played any games lately ?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Seen any good TV \movies or played any games lately ?

Post by dellstart »

Whilst we are waiting for the next update, what u been watching, playing or doing?
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Re: Seen any good TV \movies or played any games lately ?

Post by arargh »

Gave up on broadcast TV years ago. Mostly a vast wasteland.

IMO, cable (and other pay video services) have always been overpriced, so I don't have them.

So, I have been doing a lot of reading (mostly re-reading) of stories and playing several assorted computer games.

Basically, bored stiff. :-)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

TV: House of Cards - Political drama with Kevin Spacey. Produced by Netflix. *Highly* recommended.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Stuck in bed with that ugly respiratory virus much of the time, but watching anywhere from two to four hours of hockey a day.
(thank goodness that stupid lockout ended or I'd be bored stiff with the dumb programs that are on TV!)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Schuy
Initiate

Post by Schuy »

I'm really looking forward to the game The Bridge coming out later this month. Looks amazing and pretty cool concept. Lots of awards too. Think I heard its coming out on both pc and Xbox live.
Dregrin
Novice

Post by Dregrin »

Recently returned to playing Final Fantasy XI on PC. new expansion comming out next month. Also reaquired and am replaying Breath of Fire 3. As to movies/TV i recently watched the anime Asthencia of the rogue hero and infinite Stratos. kinda hunting for new anime to watch atm.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Lots of reading. Recently reread practically everything Lois McMasters Bujold has written (OK, so I bought, read, and reread the Sharing Knife quadrology four times in short order, it's on my list of best stories ever). Am currently rereading Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small. Am looking forward to rereading Michael Scott Rohan's Spiral novels.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Everyone needs to get on steam and setup an account. Tons and Tons a games that you used to play and have forgotten are there and available and playable once again on newer systems thanks to the magic of steam. Not to mention playable from any machine with a decent internet connection. I'm currently sitting on the new XCOM Enemy Unknown game, waiting for the expansions and the mods to come out. I'm actively playing Path of Exile. A free to play diablo 2 like game, a lot of fun. I do however recommend if you play it spend 30 or so buck upgrade your inventory as well as made the inventory tabs editable.

Books, check out Hidden Trump series, interesting take on the genre. Currently waiting for some of my other urban fantasy authors to release they're next books. Hoping Raymond Fiests books are re-released in kindle format...

TV/Movies I suggest that most folks would be happy with having just internet and normal broadcast TV provided they spend 14 a month for both Hulu and Netflix memberships. You can also download many of your tv shows from eztv.it I personally don't watch them on TV. I download them and hold on to them until the ones I want to buy on DVD come out.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Ok, as for me, have discovered the online delights of Netflix. Plenty of awesome series, documentaries / movies etc….
TV wise: My fave at the moment is ‘Lost Girl’. Watched a bit of ‘Being Human’. Like The Brit version a bit better. Bunch of others as well.

Anmie/manga wise: This and that, nothing major.

Reading wise: see above.

Just re watched Hellboy. Now that’s a fun movie.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

I'm still in my reread of The Wheel of Time, currently playing GuildWars 2 and Dragonrealms (DR is a text based mud, check it out at dragonrealms.net) and TV, not really alot out there to watch. I think the last time I watched anything on television was at my GF's request to watch a movie with her
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I agree Lost Girl is excellent. Waiting hopefully for a new season of Sherlock one of these years. However Elementary isn't too bad. I've also come to enjoy Rizzoli and Isles - not remotely like to books I hear but not bad. Body of Evidence is rather decent as well. Still watching Haven, both NCIS shows and Bones. I got sucked in to True Blood, all my male co-workers where watching it! I couldn't believe it, I expected it to be it to be the fault of my female co-workers! I also highly recommend is Castle. If you haven't watched it start at the beginning. It is a great show, well done and generally always a laugh.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

So...

Played:
- I've played and finished Half Life 2, FINALLY, eight and a half years after it came out .
- I'm playing Mass Effect 3, currently on Earth at the end of the game.

Read:
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg : Very interesting book about how we develop habits, and how companies use those against us/for us/etc.
- Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk : Bloody strange book, but I kind liked it....
- World War Z : An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks : I'm currently reading this, and am really enjoying it and the style of the telling.
- The whole Sennadar/Pyrosia series.

Watched/Watching
- House of Cards on Netflix - I've only see two episodes and already can't wait to watch the rest.
- The Good Wife - A good legal drama.
- Other stuff I wont' admit to.
probe
Initiate

Post by probe »

playing...Halo (replaying)...ME2...FallOut 3
reading...Baen curent month(Necessity child, How dark the world become...)...catching up on pratchet (up to Feet of Clay)...waiting for Myth-Quoted
watching...Northern Exposure...DragonBall Z....Deathstalker (all 4)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Speaking of TV...I should demand some residuals from the Hub.
Darkest Night wrote:“I discovered that a pony who has enough talent in magic can capture the essence of all three tribes of ponies, the unicorns, the pegasi, and the earth ponies, and infuse himself with them to make himself royalty. For some ponies in our past, Twilight, this was their destiny. Just as Cadence was destined to be a princess at birth, there are ponies in our distant past who rose up to the title of prince or princess from the ranks of the tribes, because it was their destiny. You, Twilight Sparkle, have the magical talent and potential within you to become a princess, but only time will tell if it is your destiny.
WHERE IS MY CREDIT? AND MY CHECK?
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Well for TV I mostly watch Netflix or Funimations new channel on the Roku, great place to get your anime fix.
Reading: About to get the e-Arc of the "House of Steel", the Honorverse compendium.
Games: Guild Wars 2 and DC Universe Online.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment