Wheeel of time

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Evodavich
Novice

Wheeel of time

Post by Evodavich »

hey i just though to throw up a notice that book 14 of the wheel of time is coming out this janary (31st), a very happy and sad anncement. happy casue people have been waiting for this book for a long time ( my self included) and sad becasue the serise is endding and the wheeel of time has been a major part of my fantasy reading for more that 10 years but all good things must come to a end (but not the wheel it only spawns beginings :D )

now some will be wondering why am putting this up here and i will tell u because when ever i read the sennadar books i c a lot of connections that i feel come from the wheel of time series, thats not me saying Fel coped the stories but i think he is a fan of WoT and that they influnced those stories and so i think for all the people that love ( i am one of thtose people) Fels Sennadar books will also love WoT aswell and i don't want people to miss out
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Re: Wheeel of time

Post by Javna »

Ah so its time for me to dust of my books and re read the books the the 14th time to freshen my knowledge for the last book.
Shame that the author past away befor he could complet the last book ( it became 3 books, with the new writer )

He is still my favorit author, with Fel not far behind him =).
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
soarerschild
Talent

Post by soarerschild »

Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten that the new book was coming out soon, and I have to re-read the series as well. Robert Jordan was one of my favorite authors and it is a shame that he's gone.
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

according to amazon, release date is 8 january instead of 31 ,
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

I checked the word count, and the Wheel of Time series is even longer than Firestaff Series + Pyrosian Chronicles. I'm currently on the last book (Demon's Bane) and it has taken me ~6 months to read (with some other books in the middle)...as much as I want to complete the WoT, I don't know if I can be bothered spending another 6+ months reading one series :P

Maybe in a year or so when I've had a chance to catch up on some other reading.
gmanjynx
Novice

Post by gmanjynx »

I too am both excited and sad to see the end of this series. It has been quite a long time coming. I also see some simliar themes and characters in Fel's work at time but that could be why I read them over and over again.
PrincelyGuy
Initiate

Post by PrincelyGuy »

Book 14 arrived today from Amazon. Ordered a month ago and was sitting on the porch when I got home from work. Now to decide whether or not to spend weeks rereading the old books or just go ahead and see how little I remember.
physicalard
Initiate

Post by physicalard »

I just got home with book 14. My decision to the question: Read 14 then 1-14 after I finish lol.

With regard to the similarities to the Sennadar books, the similarity comes from the genre. There is a basic plot form followed by all epic fantasies. If you read any epic fantasy, there will be similiar elements that always occur. Both The Wheel of Time and the two sennadar series are good examples of epic fantasies. Other examples are the Harry Potter series, The Lord of the Rings, Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, and too many others to name. All share some of the basic plot structures between them. The overall story of hero, and group of friends use magic to save the world is universal. What matters, is the way its told.
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

physicalard wrote:I just got home with book 14. My decision to the question: Read 14 then 1-14 after I finish lol.

The overall story of hero, and group of friends use magic to save the world is universal. What matters, is the way its told.
My decision is to reread them and wait for the eBook to come out in April. I tried reading a paper book (dead tree edition!) recently and didn't find it nearly as enjoyable as I do reading them on my Nook.

The latter part of the quote is just because I find that to be truth. How it's told and how the individual characters develop is what's important. We all know when we pick up the book that the good guys are going to win. It's how they win and what they did to get to the winning part that makes for a good book.
CoatOSilver
Novice

Post by CoatOSilver »

Guess I have to buy some 14 new ebooks soon. I lost track somewhere in the middle of the series and now forgot most of the plot so far. Well lets see when I get it scheduled
gmanjynx
Novice

Post by gmanjynx »

I believe I am going to reread book 13 then pick up 14. It has been quite nice now that I have convinced my wife to go through the series. Now she will ask questions and we will talk about the series it has really helped jog my memory.
artreus
Sorcerer

Post by artreus »

its done,
all in all a good book, only two minors critiques
daggerhawk64
Talent

Post by daggerhawk64 »

great end to the series
been reading it since 2003
ettoren
Sorcerer

Post by ettoren »

I got Eye of the World in Feb of 1990. little over a month after it's release. It's been a long time coming and can't wait till I get to finally read the last book. I'm doing a fresh read of all 13 before I read 14. I'm currently a little over half way thru book two, The Great Hunt.
Bigwind
Initiate

Post by Bigwind »

I have not read any of the series but would like to try it. Should I start with New Spring, the prequal or Eye of the World, the original 1st book?

Thanks
I'm not completely mad, there are bits missing!