Uh oh...

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Uh oh...

Post by Fiferguy »

Looks like your tinfoil helmets are in fact NOT working like you'd like... :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/
samuelmichaels
Sorcerer

Re: Uh oh...

Post by samuelmichaels »

Huh! I bet this study was subsidized by the government. It's intended to discourage people from using shielding, thus reducing any possible resistance to the governments' EM-based neuro-surveillance and propaganda.

I have more details to post, but first I need to tell the people in the black Suburbans double-parked in front that they are blocking my driveway.
If they don't move them, the police will ticket--uh oh, they are coming to my front door...
Florida Friends wiki: http://floridafriends.wikia.com
Do-over stories: http://do-over.wikifoundry.com/
Spearfish Lake Tales wiki: http://spearfishlaketaleswiki.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

samuelmichaels wrote:Huh! I bet this study was subsidized by the government. It's intended to discourage people from using shielding, thus reducing any possible resistance to the governments' EM-based neuro-surveillance and propaganda.

I have more details to post, but first I need to tell the people in the black Suburbans double-parked in front that they are blocking my driveway.
If they don't move them, the police will ticket--uh oh, they are coming to my front door...
You'll fit in nicely here... :lol:
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

no, they may be right, you may need to upgrade with a layer of steel, copper, or some other metal, or a very good magnetic insulator. tinfoil is widely used because it's cheap and available, not for it's insular properties. an upgrade may be called for.
*note to self: add tinfoil hats and upgrades to hobo-defence flash game(game found only in sluggy freelance webcomic)*
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
tereszcz
Initiate

Post by tereszcz »

They have a major defect, they forgot the little propellers. :lol:
gmanjynx
Novice

Post by gmanjynx »

I think that a mixture or alloy foil should be used to combine multiple aspects of the metals.
Quinn31
Initiate

Post by Quinn31 »

well damn I guess I shouldn't have bought all that foil.
tingal
Talent

Post by tingal »

Hmmm. I wonder if the problem isn't that the helmet designs are not obviously (electrically) grounded.

As far as a different design...
You really need a couple of electrically isolated Faraday cages to stop signals. In keeping with cheap materials available at home, I would think that forming one cage from chicken coop fencing and the other from metal window screens would work well, with each cage grounded to a different earlobe using a toothless alligator clamp. The cages could be separated from each other and the outer and inner layers of aluminum foil (to provide structural integrity and misdirection for operational security - we wouldn't want government, corporate, or alien observers to realize that it is a FoilHatV8.9 - codename GotSmart) by 3 layers of duct tape. Form into the hat shape of your choice (and add a propeller if desired) and there you go!

-Tingal

PS: I'm considering submitting this to MythBusters - what think ye oh wise sourcecrowd?...
tereszcz
Initiate

Post by tereszcz »

No, just patent it. If apple can patent a rectangular tablet you should be able to patent your fine design :lol:
deeteeza
Talent

Post by deeteeza »

The voices in my head have reached consensus, and have informed me that the study is a ruse to get us to remove our protective headgear! This has been confirmed by my talking dog, who communicated with his home pack and reports that they too have seen through this attempt to disarmour us!!

Stand fast and firm brothers (and sisters) of the fifth column (on the right, behind the seventh division of the great mogul).

We will prevail!!

Check out this link: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/testimonials.html
Bester
Sorcerer

Post by Bester »

tingal wrote:PS: I'm considering submitting this to MythBusters - what think ye oh wise sourcecrowd?...
That would be an episode of Mythbusters I would like to see. I can only imagine the snark from Adam.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Naw we've done extensive research on our Tin-foil Designs and they work Great
and in lots of ways not even dreamed of yet.

We've gone so far as to patent our Tin-foil leakage Dectors and our personal Alarm systems.
They work great and are so thin you can't even see them most of the time.

We will keep you posted on any changes through our regular Tin-foil news networks.....thats is all!

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)