online gaming

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

online gaming

Post by Wingsolution »

okay, so who here is addicted, and to what games?
personally, I get bored quickly, so I switch from game to game currently playing on facebook (galaxy online 2, oregon trail) and Die2Nite(zombie survival)...
always looking for more comrades...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Re: online gaming

Post by heustess »

I have both been an addict and been in recovery to online games for a few years now. Currently I have fallen off the wagon again. I am playing Lego Universe. I love Legos. Started playing with them 40 years ago.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

heustess wrote:I have both been an addict and been in recovery to online games for a few years now. Currently I have fallen off the wagon again. I am playing Lego Universe. I love Legos. Started playing with them 40 years ago.
LOL I'm still in recovery after playing Shadowbane, COV, Guild Wars and WoW. Also tried out Last Chaos and Risk Your Life 2.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
fortress
Sorcerer

Post by fortress »

I'm a former addict.

I used to play Final Fantasy XI (MMORPG). I quit after around 2 years of playing way too much, thankfully I had wasted enough time to make my character high end so when I quit I sold my character for just short of $2000.

I tell people I was given a 52" TV to quit playing a video game and still have $500 left over. Thankfully since I sold my main account I haven't been tempted to go back to playing it, and now stay away from MMOs.
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

I think I've played everything except EVE online. Spent way too much time on WoW for sure, but managed to quit after the first expansion pack.

In any case, avoid all online gaming at this point, if I want to play a game, I play old SNES and NES emulator games. Just finished dragon warrior 1 and 3 :)
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

I am a fan of computer games since I got my first computer, 25 years ago.
My first online games were MUDS: Renegade Outpost and Ethereal (not sure of the name of this last one :oops: )

For what are considered MMOS these days, I played EVE-online, city of heroes and wow. I am making a pause at the moment, but will play again later, probably wow. I also gave a try to Tabula Rasa but didn't liked it
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

For solo play, try out fort zombie, and dwarf fortress.
I have way too many tf2 hours to be comfortable, but do not play much at all lately.
Minecraft is my current on and off addiction. :)
Former wow player, who got out of it when it became to much like work, was doing farming and action house soo much it was not funny.
Had loads of gold, but after a hard drive crash and key misplacement i have not felt the urge to take it up again.
Oh and all those little plug in programs, trying to make em work and not conflict with each other, bleh..
I did play waw zombies a heck of allot, sadly black ops and its zombie mode are not as fun at the moment.
lfd1 and 2 is also fun, but not played lately either.
Magica seems fun, but i do not have any friends who has it. :(
Evil genius if quite fun, but i soo wish for a new version, with a random island and more varied time and plot line.
Nation red and plants vs zombies are great fun too, but not played much sadly.
Same with Tropico 3 and Borderlands. :(
Yeah have a hell of a lot of games that i do not play, or do not have time to play.
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Modern Warfare 2 is my only weakness. With the occasional game of Team Fortress 2.

I used to play Halo CE a *lot*; but almost always on the same server. I have fonder memmories of this than any other game.
I is an certified nut
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

I'm playing Lacuna Expanse, a space MMORPG. I enjoy it a lot - lots of resource management, and a huge number of buildings and ships to build.

General URL: http://www.lacunaexpanse.com

It's written in Perl, and offers scripting and a nice published API set.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

dawich wrote:I'm playing Lacuna Expanse, a space MMORPG. I enjoy it a lot - lots of resource management, and a huge number of buildings and ships to build.

General URL: http://www.lacunaexpanse.com

It's written in Perl, and offers scripting and a nice published API set.
This looks a bit interesting. Can you share some of your experience with it?
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

Well, you start off with a bunch of resources, and have to build resource creating buildings, and storage. Then you start upgrading them to get better buildings. While you're doing this, you are protected from attack, being isolationist (though you can start off non-isolationist, I don't recommend it.) You start mining for ore, picking other kinds of food to grow to make your people happier, and grow your planetary industrial base. Then you start exploring other planets - apparently there are millions of them.

you can form alliances with other players, formalized with embassies. There's a lot of alliances already. It's a new game, though, so there aren't tons of people yet.

There is an Empire server, for people who don't as much PvP, and a tournament server for those who'd rather be aggressive.I have a referrer link if anyone is interested in checking it out, and giving me a boost of essentia:

https://us1.lacunaexpanse.com/#referral ... 18786e5c0f
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

dawich wrote:Well, you start off with a bunch of resources, and have to build resource creating buildings, and storage. Then you start upgrading them to get better buildings. While you're doing this, you are protected from attack, being isolationist (though you can start off non-isolationist, I don't recommend it.) You start mining for ore, picking other kinds of food to grow to make your people happier, and grow your planetary industrial base. Then you start exploring other planets - apparently there are millions of them.

you can form alliances with other players, formalized with embassies. There's a lot of alliances already. It's a new game, though, so there aren't tons of people yet.

There is an Empire server, for people who don't as much PvP, and a tournament server for those who'd rather be aggressive.I have a referrer link if anyone is interested in checking it out, and giving me a boost of essentia:

https://us1.lacunaexpanse.com/#referral ... 18786e5c0f
The link you posted takes me to a login page, not a join page. If you have a new link, I'd be happy to be one of your "referred."

-DM
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

mmmm shaiya at the moment. very nice graphics , not bad game play , and its free.
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

DigitalMaestro wrote:
The link you posted takes me to a login page, not a join page. If you have a new link, I'd be happy to be one of your "referred."

-DM
I'm surprised - it used to take you to the front page, I think. However, there is a line at the bottom that says: :New to the Lacuna Expanse? Want to find out more before signing up? Click here." which will take you to the main page, where you can get to the wiki, the forums, and some things. So read that, and then go back to the referral link, and click "Create Empire".

There is also a tutorial you start with that gives you rewards and suggests things to do.

thanks,
R
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I poked around and found a join page. I just wasn't able to be referred that way. sorry.
-DM