Save a Fel, send a postcard.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Save a Fel, send a postcard.

Post by Fel »

Since it's been quite a while since I've made mention of this, decided to toss it up here in a semi-permanent manner.

I collect postcards. So, if you'd like to add to my collection, just mail one to me at this address:

James Galloway
3621 Skyview Drive
Huntington WV 25701

I mean postcards as, well...postcards. You know, picture on the front, little area on the back for an address and a few lines to say hi. My favorite kind of postcard is one that says what city/country it's from, which is what most people call "tourist" postcards, but I'm also an equal opportunity postcard collector. I'll take em all, tourist postcards, funny postcards, even blank postcards are just fine with me. ;)

If you want to thank me for writing for you, you can drop me a postcard and add to my collection. :)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Steve W
Novice

Re: Save a Fel, send a postcard.

Post by Steve W »

I can do that!

I just happened to discover this post as I was looking to see if I could figure what part of the country you are from. I noticed in several places that you use words in a way that is unfamiliar to me; for instance: nonplussed and opaque.

I found this: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... ed?view=uk
In standard use nonplussed means‘ surprised and confused’, as in she was nonplussed at his eagerness to help out . In North American English a new use has developed in recent years, meaning ‘unperturbed’ — more or less the opposite of its traditional meaning — as in he was clearly trying to appear nonplussed . This new use probably arose on the assumption that non- was the normal negative prefix and must therefore have a negative meaning. It is not considered part of standard English
and this: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nonplussed
In recent North American English nonplussed has come to mean "unimpressed".[1] In 1999, this was considered a neologism, ostensibly from "not plussed", although "plussed" by itself is not a recognized English word. The "unimpressed" meaning is not considered standard usage by at least one authoritative source.[2]
On the other hand: http://www.google.com/dictionary?q=nonp ... CBEQmwMoAA
While the young Obamas are not untouched by the constant media coverage, Obama tells PEOPLE the sometimes bruising race for the presidency has seemed to roll off his daughters, "I've been really happy by how nonplussed they've been by the whole...
Similarly, you use opaque in situations where I would use transparent. I found no reference to this online.

Call me curious.
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

*MommyDoom makes a note of Fel's address in her Droid*

I leave for Israel on the 27th for an 8 day hiatus. Shall attempt to pull myself away from the Mount of Olives long enough to send you a postcard for your collection.

Happy Holidays, dear.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

nice
any reason to visit israel ?
*makes note to find the post cards and send them*
MommyDoom

Post by MommyDoom »

gnume wrote: any reason to visit israel ?
All Christians, where feasible, should visit the Holy Land to recharge their spiritual batteries. Nothing can really prepare you for standing on the Mount of Olives and looking across the Kidron Valley at the Golden Gate, the gate that Christ will enter Jerusalem, having first appeared on the Mount of Olives.

Having said that, Himself goes to Las Vegas every year to play in the World Series of Poker Big Event for ten days, leaving me to take care of Thing1 and Thing2 by myself.

This is payback. Plus, he has to pay for it. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

MD
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

MommyDoom wrote:
gnume wrote: any reason to visit israel ?
All Christians, where feasible, should visit the Holy Land to recharge their spiritual batteries. Nothing can really prepare you for standing on the Mount of Olives and looking across the Kidron Valley at the Golden Gate, the gate that Christ will enter Jerusalem, having first appeared on the Mount of Olives.

Having said that, Himself goes to Las Vegas every year to play in the World Series of Poker Big Event for ten days, leaving me to take care of Thing1 and Thing2 by myself.

This is payback. Plus, he has to pay for it. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

MD
ahh
:D :D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel wrote:Since it's been quite a while since I've made mention of this, decided to toss it up here in a semi-permanent manner.

I collect postcards. So, if you'd like to add to my collection, just mail one to me at this address:

James Galloway
3621 Skyview Drive
Huntington WV 25701

I mean postcards as, well...postcards. You know, picture on the front, little area on the back for an address and a few lines to say hi. My favorite kind of postcard is one that says what city/country it's from, which is what most people call "tourist" postcards, but I'm also an equal opportunity postcard collector. I'll take em all, tourist postcards, funny postcards, even blank postcards are just fine with me. ;)

If you want to thank me for writing for you, you can drop me a postcard and add to my collection. :)
I actually have prepared post cards, one for every year... but I kinda have lost it... now have to go back on the post card hunts as it is one of the funny postcards that I collect from singapore. Will send to you Fel. Merry chritsmas. :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
MommyDoom

Post by MommyDoom »

Fel dear, did you get my Israel postcard?

MD
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Yes I did, thank you. It fills my Israel gap on my world map o' postcards. :)
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Fel wrote:Yes I did, thank you. It fills my Israel gap on my world map o' postcards. :)
You should make a map (http://maps.google.com/help/maps/mymaps/create.html) and put points where the cards depict with a description of where they were posted from.

I only add the second point because I have picked up post cards from Shanghai, Egypt, Paris etc and I always forget to post them to you. I actually have them all in my drawer =/

I should post them sometime haha.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel wrote:Yes I did, thank you. It fills my Israel gap on my world map o' postcards. :)
Oh. Ok Fel, I will keep that in mind and try to get you postcards from the world around me where I travel. :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Greymist wrote:
You should make a map (http://maps.google.com/help/maps/mymaps/create.html) and put points where the cards depict with a description of where they were posted from.
Yes. This. Then I can know when I travel next where I need to acquire postcards.
Greymist wrote:I only add the second point because I have picked up post cards from Shanghai, Egypt, Paris etc and I always forget to post them to you. I actually have them all in my drawer =/

I should post them sometime haha.
I picked up a few last the last few times I travelled, ... they're all sitting in storage somewhere :/
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

Hi Fel,

I finally remembered to send you a postcard. Actually, I have never sent a postcard before! Did you receive one from Switzerland recently?

cheers,
kaas
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Not yet. But sometimes it takes 7-8 days for mail to get to me from some parts of Europe for some reason.
Angelcakes1
Talent

Post by Angelcakes1 »

Hmmmmm, I would have never guessed you were into postcards, though I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised....you are you after all. I just might have to send you one when you least expect it -cue evil laugh-