Another strange question, sorry

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Kacoo
Initiate

Another strange question, sorry

Post by Kacoo »

This is my first dedicated reread of the firestaff stuff, I've done spotty stuff but not a concerted effort.

My new strange question as I've just gotten to the point where tarrin has knocked out Henri on Rene's ship and done his monologue to Dolanna about how he didn't choose the were life and if he could go back he would. Then I remembered that after he gains the firestaff at the end of shadow realm. He has the opportunity to make that decision willfully but Jasana takes it from him. So my question is do the rest of you think that his experiences shaped him after this point(where he certainly seems like if he could remove his were nature he would) to ensure that he would remain a were.
Kacoo
Initiate

Re: Another strange question, sorry

Post by Kacoo »

Also if I'm sensing that these kinds of questions may continue to crop up, would you (the admins/other users) prefer that they were in one topic, or not posted at all or you have no preference?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Kacoo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:18 am This is my first dedicated reread of the firestaff stuff, I've done spotty stuff but not a concerted effort.

My new strange question as I've just gotten to the point where tarrin has knocked out Henri on Rene's ship and done his monologue to Dolanna about how he didn't choose the were life and if he could go back he would. Then I remembered that after he gains the firestaff at the end of shadow realm. He has the opportunity to make that decision willfully but Jasana takes it from him. So my question is do the rest of you think that his experiences shaped him after this point(where he certainly seems like if he could remove his were nature he would) to ensure that he would remain a were.
I think after that point in the story, Tarrin came to terms with the his were condition. His journey through the desert, where Fara'Nae poked at him, forced him to face who he was, and ended up with him accepting himself. Also, after that, he discovered he had a daughter, and son, he spent 'quality' time with Jesmind, fell in love with Kimmie, and found a place for himself within the Were-cat society.

If he had got his memory, back prior to being turned, he would have realised all that he would miss out on not being Tarrin the were-cat. I do think as well, he would remember his commitment to the Goddess, to Niami, which would make him choose to be turned.

Thinking of this reminds me how he gained power in sorcery/druidic magic, after being turned back. It makes me want to document all the power spikes out MC had during the series ;)

Kacoo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 am Also if I'm sensing that these kinds of questions may continue to crop up, would you (the admins/other users) prefer that they were in one topic, or not posted at all or you have no preference?
I don't mind a thread per question, gives me something new to open, and there's not a lot of chatter going on anyway.
Kacoo
Initiate

Post by Kacoo »

Awesome thanks Greymist. as I continue to read on Im coming to that opinion as well, Fel has really set up that transformation well.