Circling with non-werecats

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
JNMC
Initiate

Circling with non-werecats

Post by JNMC »

I was going through a re-read and thinking about one of my favorite scenes, when Tarrin tells Triana and Sapphire that he's developed a Druid teleport spell. ("You have my undivided attention.") Then I started to think about the other one that he tried first but had too few steps to satisfy Triana's requirement, the one that let's him see through the eyes of an animal. It was even worse for a non-werecat, since he had to add an extra step to use it himself to keep The Cat from rejecting contact with an incompatible mind. (Could he see through the eyes of a house-cat without using the step?)

We know from several occasions, in particular his fight with the red dragon at the hiding place of the Staff, that he can use druid power and sorcery at the same time. Could he use a druid spell to keep The Cat from rejecting incompatible minds and allow himself to circle with any sorcerer? Granted, he couldn't have used it in the battles against The One and the demon lord since The All there wasn't ... awake enough? to be used safely, but in his home plane, it seems to me that it should be possible.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Circling with non-werecats

Post by kyli »

JNMC wrote:I was going through a re-read and thinking about one of my favorite scenes, when Tarrin tells Triana and Sapphire that he's developed a Druid teleport spell. ("You have my undivided attention.") Then I started to think about the other one that he tried first but had too few steps to satisfy Triana's requirement, the one that let's him see through the eyes of an animal. It was even worse for a non-werecat, since he had to add an extra step to use it himself to keep The Cat from rejecting contact with an incompatible mind. (Could he see through the eyes of a house-cat without using the step?)
What a coincidence! I am rereading the series and just read that part about an hour ago. But i see no reason why the Cat would reject this contact..... but it might still. That spell would let Tarrin see or hear or whatever through the animals eyes or ears or whatever. That close connection is a lot closer then a circle with another werecat would be, and cats are solitary creatures so they might reject such a close connection. But it might not matter no matter how close the connection if its a cat. I honestly don't know.

We know from several occasions, in particular his fight with the red dragon at the hiding place of the Staff, that he can use druid power and sorcery at the same time. Could he use a druid spell to keep The Cat from rejecting incompatible minds and allow himself to circle with any sorcerer? Granted, he couldn't have used it in the battles against The One and the demon lord since The All there wasn't ... awake enough? to be used safely, but in his home plane, it seems to me that it should be possible.
I would say its theoretically possible one way or another but i don't know if it would be practical. I think it might be difficult to accomplish especially if he had to use druidic magic and sorcery at the same time. And such a druidic spell might have to be maintained.

Fel will have to get out his infamous coin and flip it to decide if its possible. :P
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."