Task chapter 3

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
SYED
Child of Niami

Task chapter 3

Post by SYED »

I was kinda hoping for more involvement with the wizard nexus. Lots of cool potential magics. Especially since the king is now curious about magic, so would welcome wizard teachers. I am kinda disappointed in the lack of wizard tower, it would be cool.
.S.A.M.K.M
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Re: Task chapter 3

Post by Belgarion213 »

I will admit I thought there could have been more talk about the Nexus. That being said, what we got was awesome.

Also, on another level...a minor gripe I had ( a really really minor gripe) from Demon's Bain has been addressed...even though I never told anybody. Tarrin, when he dies (assuming God of Gods doesn't drag him back to chew him out) will merge back with his God Soul to live it up with Niami. Yay!

Pity we didn't see any Niami in this little side story but oh well.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

So that means he is an avatar for his elder God version and for Niam. Does that mean the god of gods might get an elder God agent in the future?
.S.A.M.K.M
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

All Elder Gods are his agents. It's just a matter of what they are doing at the time. Tarrin is wandering the worlds fixing issues in the balance while the Elder Gods are running those dimensions, with the younger gods acting to promote aspects of reality.

I doubt you would get a Elder God troubleshooter, people probably get a bit freaked out when Elder Gods wander into your dimension (they are much to busy running the various planes anyway)

But yeah, Tarrin is kind of a living avatar of his God Counterpart...and also a avatar of Niami...and a chosen of the Desert Goddess...and a Knight ...you know what, Tarrin has a LONG resume for god like interaction.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I was somewhat surprised that the Agathinon didn't perhaps put in a subtle hand during the final fight. Or the cross-bow assassination attempt. Either of those could have easily gone against Polin and by the time he's dead (or perhaps even seriously wounded) it is too late.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Something I kinda wonder about with Tarrin and his alter-ego god self, now that Niami has the relationship she wants is she now okay with the mortal Tarrin calling her Mother?
higb
Talent

Post by higb »

Yeah that must be a really confusing relationship, I wonder how much Tarrin even interacts with Niami now that he's serving the God of Gods? Now that she's in a relationship with his godly half it seems like she wouldn't be taking as much of a personal interest in Tarrin as she did in the past.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

With his wings, he can act as an avatar of Niami. Upon his death, he would rejoin his divine half. Divine relations have always been messed up.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

SYED wrote:With his wings, he can act as an avatar of Niami. Upon his death, he would rejoin his divine half. Divine relations have always been messed up.
Maaaaybe if he died in the same realm his other half rules... but remember the God of gods has apparently brought him back a number of times.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Actually, IIRC, Tarrin did mention somewhere in Task that if he died for real, his divided soul would joined back together and he would become one soul again.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

It's important to remember that the God of Gods cheats. If it didn't interfere, the souls would have fused together the first time, but...
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.