Task Chapter 2

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Re: Task Chapter 2

Post by Belgarion213 »

I'm assuming that's what the gods of the world are doing. however yeah, there are idiots who might get it into their head to start monkeying about with the Nexus's. I mean an unlimieted amount of energy? It doesn't matter if I take a little bit does it? And then the universe is in trouble.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

Fel wrote:The nexuses: Their existence does in fact make Wizardry VERY powerful on Verria (Polin's world), and their existence is entirely natural. Also, they're not things that ANYONE plays with, not even the gods on Polin's world, due to the threat of utter annihilation present if said monkeying somehow disturbs the balance between them. The two nexuses are perfectly balanced in size and power, which is the only reason the universe that contains them is still in existence.
Oh, interesting. Those nexus thingies are similar to the elemental planes, just with more Uhmpf. But instead of simply using (uh, or, monkeying with) a nexus to one of the elemental planes, the summoning of an elemental actually opens a totally new one. Side note: Nexus is just one way, manually opened elemental plane gates are both ways?

Another point, obviously a nexus has natural effects that nobody can avoid. How could they then avoid the strengthening of their magic near a positive nexus? Well, apart from not using magic at all that is. Or can 'monkeying around' merely be considered to actually try to get it to influence a nexus to effect a bigger or smaller area, different area than currently or no area at all.
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Due to having to actively draw the energy through the astral, the amount is finite. Since energy is already pouring in, a spell could be maintained or boosted for longer. While for spells this might be dangerous, the example of a flame destroying it user was used, imagine the artifacts they could create with such easily access energy. A wizard has a limit of how many spells they can hold, and how quickly they can learn more. This limitation could now be by passed.
.S.A.M.K.M
madathlon
Initiate

Post by madathlon »

While this was a great chapter, I was wondering what the time line is. Was this during his months away to find himself or after his return to home?

(And on a side question, What is Fels writing times like? Should I be looking for a new chapter at any time or about once a month?)
"The Road Trip called life starts with a flat tire and a missing jack"
Enjoy the Pride Leader at
http://madathlon.weebly.com/
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

madathlon wrote:While this was a great chapter, I was wondering what the time line is. Was this during his months away to find himself or after his return to home?
It been about 10 years since the end of Demons Bane. It would be a lot more years for Tarrin of course. Fel said this in the Christmas story update topic back on December 23 before he released the first chapter.
I've actually had fun writing this, more than I expected. I got to show some of the things Tarrin deals with now that he's in the Universe Defense Special Forces (joke), how he's changed in the ten years since the end of Demon's Bane (though for him it's been MUCH longer), and I even paid a little homage to Christmas tales like A Christmas Carol with this story (you'll see when you read it).
madathlon wrote:(And on a side question, What is Fels writing times like? Should I be looking for a new chapter at any time or about once a month?)
He writes in his free time. I check for anything new every day, but the chapter usually comes anytime between 2 weeks apart (only if we are lucky and it doesn't happen often that it comes this fast) and two months apart (only if we are really unlucky and also doesn't happen often). About 4 weeks is fairly normal.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."