Task, part 1

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Task, part 1

Post by TLGG »

Dare I say it? Tarrin knows Geralt of Rivia!
SYED
Child of Niami

Re: Task, part 1

Post by SYED »

while that kingdom can't rule the world, they could expand their influence in ways other than conquest. Their potential war fleet, could be converted to a merchant fleet to encourage long distance trade. Since that kingdom is famous for magic, why not open a school for men, women or even both. Suld is home to the tower, and they are a minor kingdom but great influence.
I wonder if there is a way to find the exact conditions that would activate the Vindicator. It would be safer in the long run, so easier to avoid any uncessary risk.
There is talk of wizards, witches and earth magic, but is there priest magic here. Intro Duce wizardry and priest magic on a larger scale could be valuable in the future.
.S.A.M.K.M
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Ok, I got a chance to sit down and read this and I have to say I'm very impressed. The Sennedar multi-verse is just FUN and this kind of reminds me why I like Tarrin, Miranda and the gang. There's more points to remind people that Tarrin isn't just rage and magical power, there's a very powerful mind in there. There's some subterfuge, there's some shows of power...

And Heh, Tarrin's made a name for himself in the wider multi-verse. Fun for all.

As much as I was kind of baffled in the story for Tarrin's wanting to get rid of the God Soul he gained, in a way I appreciate it because we got more stories like this.

I am a bit bummed that the touching of Deva/Demon energies gave him a 'Gift of Tongues' if only because it makes Tarrin's utter gift at languages (IIRC in Axe of the Dwarven King) he was up to 11 but I guess in the wider world you need it to function. That being said...in the ten years for Sennedar and the centuries for Tarrin..has he made any progress in his attempt to try and make sense of the magical language of Wizardry? Even if it requires a God's mind to understand it I can't see Tarrin giving up either.

And horay for details of Tsukatta's wife, lands and world. We didn't get enough of that in the main stories so I'm happy here.
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

Belgarion213 wrote:And Heh, Tarrin's made a name for himself in the wider multi-verse. Fun for all.
Isn't it more like "We are all doomed, it's the destroyer of worlds aka an entropic"? Nobody that doesn't know a bit more about the multiverse, how it works and what other creatures are out there will be afraid if someone calls "entropic". But cry "destroyer of worlds" and you get the reaction you are looking for. And the number of people that know what an entropic is (or what it's supposed to be) is certainly very very small.

Anyway, if it is a "destroyer of worlds", how did worlds that are clearly still around hear about that title? To give someone that title... wouldn't that make it necessary that your world was just destroyed and you aren't quite dead yet?
I am a bit bummed that the touching of Deva/Demon energies gave him a 'Gift of Tongues' if only because it makes Tarrin's utter gift at languages (IIRC in Axe of the Dwarven King) he was up to 11 but I guess in the wider world you need it to function.
It could have been a necessary ability that the god of gods hands out. Same result either way. On the other hand, this "do away with language barriers because to mention it again and again and solve it again and again is as exciting as writing about the times our main char had to go to the toilet" is something that gets repeated in fantasy as well as science fiction stories. Almost always it gets solved once and never be mentioned again. I always wondered, if the magic gets applied to person A and he is talking to persons B and C, each not talking the other's language, would person A talk in language B or C? Or both? If persons B and C each only hears their own language, then the magic would be effectively applied to persons B and C as well.

Or, Stargate: language problems are getting solved by the stargate itself - no matter where on the planet you are. Now, i can understand that earth had all those languages while the stargate wasn't active, but shouldn't anyone mysteriously have started to understand and speak any language on earth as soon as the stargate was activated again? Oh, and how the heck does a stargate translate languages if the story is playing out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps another world without a gate or in space?
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

If Tarrin is an Entropic, does that make his creations entropic in nature? So vindicator itself, is a lesser entropic artifact?
.S.A.M.K.M
takaoyukishiro
Talent

Post by takaoyukishiro »

wait, so this short story is around? where is it?!!
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

takaoyukishiro wrote:wait, so this short story is around? where is it?!!
Under Board index » General » Chapter Announcements » Short Stories (here)
Dregrin
Novice

Post by Dregrin »

SYED wrote:If Tarrin is an Entropic, does that make his creations entropic in nature? So vindicator itself, is a lesser entropic artifact?
just in case someone is here without having read the main bulk of tarrin's story, there will be spoilers.

Since I just found out about this short story and no one ever answered this I will put forth my theory.
Throughout the books it never states that entropic's create more entropic's. Based on everything I have read ALL entropics are spun from entropy. otherwise Tarrin's children would have inherited some of his reality altering abilities, not just Eron who, like his father, was spun out specifically to solve a problem. the Firestaff didnt even make Tarrin into an Entropic. the entire reason the gods of sennadar didn't like him as a child of the firestaff was because it removed him from Ayise's power to simply reclaim his life, and he had the power to be a threat to the balance. They called Val entropy because he had tried to destroy the balance, and Tarrin they saw as an abomination, though I do recall him thinking they saw him as entropy in the 5th book when he was going through his crisis of self. \Never was him being an entropic even mentioned by others until he started destroying the city and they assumed he was an entropic because he was embarrassing the Deva by breaking the one law and then killing them when they showed up.