So who is the strongest?

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
physicalard
Initiate

Re: So who is the strongest?

Post by physicalard »

Who is the strongest in terms of raw power? Most likely Tarrin. Between the amplification of sorcery by being a druid and Niami's Numerous Changes to his body.

Who will win in a fight? Spyder for certain. In the fight between Tarrin and Spyder we see in the last book, using martial arts and sorcery, we see them about even. However, after the fight is stopped due to the destruction of the surrounding area, Spyder asks why Tarrin didn't use his druidic powers to seal of the weave and embrace sorcery himself directly through the all. His response was that Spyder would be forced to use her Psionic powers and in a battle with the psionic powers, Spyder's vastly superior experience would beat him. At the end of the fight, Tarrin states that Spyder won using sorcery and martial arts, and would have won even if Tarrin had sealed of the weave. as Tarrin states to Spyder "... Even if I channeled Sorcery through the All while denying you Sorcery, I think your Psionic powers would have beaten me. I’m not really very good at them yet, I’m still learning. Either holding back or all-out, sister, you’re the better. You win.” Given a few more millenniums out using his abilities doing the god of god's work Who knows which would win, but Spyder would win any fight by her thousands of years of fighting, sorcery, and psionic experience. Jasana would get crushed by either Tarrin or Spyder.
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

The reference to Eron being made to counter Jasana, may not be literal, he may have been made so she had a contemporary who was an equal.
Dingo
Talent

Post by Dingo »

In the last few chapters I remember GoG telling Tarrin that Eron WOULD have to cut off Jasana at some point.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

One aspect I think some have overlooked when dealing with the Eron/Jasana connection is that Eron's ability isn't just to block Sorcery but all magic. Why is that important ? think of this scenerio

Tarrin is off world doing something for GoG, so can't be there to confront Jasana.

Spyder as shown by not helping with the defense of Suld, will be stuck defending the gate, so she can't confront Jasana.

That leaves Jenna or any of the other Sui'kun with a circle, Sapphire and Triana to confront her. now if Jasana only had Sorcery as a power they may have been enough, Jenna and a circle raw power wise and Sapphire or Triana because they are Druids of immense power. However what is forgotten is that Jasana is also a Druid, she like her father is outside the bounds of the restrictions on orders of magic. So besides that she could also learn Wizard magic so she could cut a circle off fromt he weave, Jenna alone isn't powerful enough, Druids can't cut Wizards or other Druids off from their magic so Sapphire might not even be enough.

Now that would be the reason that Eron has the ability to nullify ALL magic (well that and an off the wall idea I have mention to a few about why Jasana becomes such a threat). He gets near Jasana and it becomes a physical confrontation and Eron takes after his parents in that department.

And yes Eron was specifically born to deal with Jasana and there will be a confrontation between the two because Eron is a Mi'shara and their path is fixed due to the converging possibilites of hte future into one path:
But you, and Spyder, and Eron, you were born with a task laid at your feet, locking you down a single path.  And in compensation for that limitation, you are given the ability to reach beyond other mortals to accomplish that task.”
Your son was spun from Entropy because of Jasana,” he said gently.  “There is going to come a time later on, my son, when Jasana will threaten the entire world of Sennadar.  Eron was born to prevent it.  That’s his task.
Last edited by boballab on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

druids can block druids off triana did this to terrain during training and if im not mistaken during the battle for the firestuff with the dragon the dragon blocked terrains druidic power in the begining
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

gnume wrote:druids can block druids off triana did this to terrain during training and if im not mistaken during the battle for the firestuff with the dragon the dragon blocked terrains druidic power in the begining
First the Dragon didn't cut Tarrin off from Druidic magic, he cut him off from Sorcery which forced Tarrin to reach through the All to reach it. Remember Druidic spells take a toll on the body such as the speed up spell Tarrin used at the battle of Suld or Trianna's calling an Elemental, they tire the practitioner out.
Its advantages were speed, power, sheer size, and its Druidic ability to cut him off from the Weave.
But he'd bet that it didn't know that he was also a Druid.  A wild plan formed in his mind, a crazy scheme that probably didn't have a prayer of succeeding.
The power of Sorcery filled him, being channeled through a protective sheathe of Druidic power, which insulated it from any attempt to cut him off from it.
There is tons more instances in the fight where Tarrin uses Druidic magic against the Dragon.

From Tarrin's Training:
“Phaugh,” she had snorted in her typical manner.  “I thought you’d know better than to ask such a stupid question.  The limits of a Druid are physical limits, how much power your body can handle.  You can increase it by being fit.  If I wasn’t in such good shape, I wouldn’t be able to do half of what I do.”
Triana never cut Tarrin off from Druidic Magic, she can't and she said so when Jasana caused Tarrin to rage when she spiked his memory storing potion back in Book 5 of the Firsestaff series. Also Tarrin is a Were-Cat and their very nature is tied to the All, you can't cut a Were-Cat off fromt he All without killing them. That is why Shiika couldn't drain him, because of his connection to the All. If a Druid has a connection to the All he can peform Druidic Magic.
Let go of the All gently, her thought mirrored into his mind, and he knew that she meant it for him.  Slowly and gently.
     Doing as she ordered, he slowly, carefully distanced himself from the All, using the newfound control and calmness her touch on his mind had instilled in him.   Drawing from her experience with the All, he knew exactly what to do to break his connection safely.  The All acted oddly when it was wielded in anger, and it required exceptional care to let go of it without it doing something while in the act of letting go.
"Triana had me in some kind of locking move," he told her, "and she was overwhelming me with Druidic magic.  I think that shocked me out of the depths of that rage, enough for the Cat to regain access to some parts of our mind.  I reached for Sorcery because Triana had taken everything else away.  And she was waiting for me to try that," he admitted with a grim chuckle.  "I didn't think a Druid could cut me off, but I know now I was wrong about that."
Triana overwhelmed his Druidic power not cut him off and when he touched on Sorcery she cut that off.
The only reason he had Druidic magic was because the All connected with him, not the usual system where he reached into the All.  And even when he had the power, he could do nothing with it than crude, elemental bashing, flailing about with the magic like it was an extra arm, using nothing but raw, unrefined eruptions of naked power.  He had had no control, no finesse, none of the usual exacting precision with which he usually wielded his Druidic magic and his Sorcery both, and his fury severely limited the possible ways he could have used the All.  In this case, that was a good thing, since he was too angry to get creative in his destruction, but in any other case it would be a very, very bad thing to have happen.  Then with Triana, he was so enraged that he couldn't use his full power, couldn't even use the power he had at hand in a rational manner, and she beat him because of it.
That was a strange thought, a very strange thought, but it seemed eerily accurate to him.  It seemed to be reinforced by the fact that the magical power of different orders could interact with one another.  Wizards could dispel Priest spells and vice-versa.  Sorcerers could disrupt the spells of Wizards and Priests as well as each other's, and Druids could disrupt everyone else's magic, as well as being able to affect other Druidic magic
The Cat doesn't object to the All, because it's always been connected to it. Remember, cub, the magic that makes us Were is Druidic in nature.  The Cat doesn't reject a part of itself.  All the information comes through the All, so it's as if the All was the one talking to us
As you can see it is stated clearly that Druids can disrupt all the other orders of Magic but only overwhelm or Affect Druidic magic, they can't block it or cut it off and you can't cut a Were Cat off from the All because they are always connected to it.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Bars
Talent

Post by Bars »

How can you even think that someone can be more powerful than Tarrin?! He is Tarrin, for God's sake. 8)
insert random deeply philosophical thought here
schunn99
Initiate

Post by schunn99 »

In a way earlier spoilers post, didn't we figure out that triana was dead/ missing for like the last hundred years of the 300 years timeline in the begining of legacy? So if triana is gone then only tarrin or Eron is left. We know sarraya is gone she caught the flu and died and infected alot of the fairy population.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Funny how this has popped up again.

Ok, how about Elder God Tarrin verus the Sennadar Pantheon?

Pyrosia and Sennadar are both near core worlds but Pyrosia has only one elder god and Sennadar's overseers are split between a sometimes squabbling pantheon. Who wins? :twisted:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Hmm, I don't remember ay mention of Pyrosia being near the core. Just because it has a gate that connects it to Sennadar does not necessarily mean that it actually is near the core.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Pyrosia isn't near the core.

However, Elder God Tarrin was originally a Firestaff god. A firestaff god can stand toe to toe with any one particular Elder God(dess) of Sennadar, which is unique because normally the Firestaff grants power beyond the comprehension of even the Elder Gods. Remember what the Firestaff's purpose was.

Add to that powerbase the entire power of a standard plane, and Tarrin the Elder God could probably spank several of the Sennadar Elders. However, in a theoretical all out battle, the Sennadar Elders would win, if only because of sheer numbers.

However... Run the simulation and you'll find Niami by her husband, unless absolutely forced by her mother to fight against him.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

We can deduce that Pyrosia is near the Core because it is a world strong in magic. What it is not is a Prime world of which Sennadar is one of seven and the closest to the Core of any other material planes by some distance.
Pyrosian Chronicles 3 - Demon's Bane, Chapter 1, Fel wrote: “Mother, if I may ask, why does she call us a ‘Prime?’ It seemed that she had meaning beyond that this is the prime material plane.”

“Sennadar is one of the seven prime material planes closest to the Core,” she answered. “It’s hard to explain, daughter, but in the multiverse, with the limitless planes and alternate material planes, there is a definite center to everything. Well, Sennadar is very close to that center, one of seven material planes that is, while all the others are much further out. There’s a big gap in distance between the seven Primes and the next closest material plane in relation to the Core. That proximity is why our magic is so strong, and why I have special rules I have to follow in the Outer Planes. I’m what’s called a Prime god, a god from a Prime world. I have more restrictions on me than other gods, because of my power.”

“It sounds as if it garners great respect.”

“Fear is more like it,” she answered evenly. “I’m fully restricted to the Outer plane I call home,” she explained. “Other gods may move between planes freely, but we’re not allowed. I can send projections, surely, but those projections aren’t nearly as powerful as the real me. The only time I’m allowed to leave my home plane is to visit the realm of Ayise in her home plane, and nowhere else. All the Elder Gods can visit Ayise, so we can meet and talk in person rather than through projections.”

“I did not know that.”

“We don’t like to talk about our liabilities, you know,” she smiled. “We have tremendous power, daughter, the Elder Gods do, far beyond other Elder Gods of other planes, but that power comes at a price.”

“Power always does, even if you cannot see the cost.”
Short Story about Tarrin's adventures working for Cassiter GoG, Fel wrote: This world was shadowed, it had no magic at all. It was a magic-dead dimension, far, far from the Core, and the color pool that represented it in the Astral was literally nothing but a window that allowed one to look in, but not enter. Only a magician of extreme power could unlock the portal to enter, but no magician in his right mind would come here, because no magic worked at all within the boundaries of this dimension. Once in, he would be trapped here and unable to leave. Only someone with Mother Wynn’s abilities could escape this dimension, and people like her were the rarest beings in the multiverse.
So Elder God Tarrin is not a Prime god but he was born mi’shara and of the Firestaff, both of which indicate that he is a force of Entropy and therefore likely able to overcome conventional restrictions of power and ability.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

expedient wrote: So Elder God Tarrin is not a Prime god but he was born mi’shara and of the Firestaff, both of which indicate that he is a force of Entropy and therefore likely able to overcome conventional restrictions of power and ability.
And if he keep his Gift that Tarrin gave him to suck the strength/mana/Life force or what u want to call it, when he was a shadow. Could that mean that the God Tarrin can grow in strength? Just let him loose around the demon plain and u will probably have a Juggernaught Elder God. Since the demons couldn't sens him when he was a shadow, most like the cant sens now that he is a GOD.

He would probably become the Buggy-man to keep all the naught demons in line.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

The creation of the shadow was something done as part of the Firestaff, which is gone now.

The spirit of the god Tarrin was tied to nothing when the God of Gods grabbed him and shoved him into the shadow as a holding tank, until the firestaff was gone.

Demon's Bane and the Elder God Tarrin are two seperate entities. One of which was destroyed upon the destruction of the firestaff.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

Lochar wrote:The creation of the shadow was something done as part of the Firestaff, which is gone now.

The spirit of the god Tarrin was tied to nothing when the God of Gods grabbed him and shoved him into the shadow as a holding tank, until the firestaff was gone.

Demon's Bane and the Elder God Tarrin are two seperate entities. One of which was destroyed upon the destruction of the firestaff.

But even after Tarrin lost his Divine part of his soul, and the God of Gods stuff it in to his shadow shouldn't he (the shadow ) keep the skill Tarrin granted it when he created it and be part of his new divine self.
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago