Black cat statue

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Black cat statue

Post by TLGG »

I've always wondered just who sent Tarrin the thing, specially since it became a key element later on. Did anyone ever catch that somewhere?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Black cat statue

Post by Hearly »

TLGG wrote:I've always wondered just who sent Tarrin the thing, specially since it became a key element later on. Did anyone ever catch that somewhere?
It was the Goddess
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

the mistress of novices - forgot here name
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

gnume wrote:the mistress of novices - forgot here name

oops mistake :oops:
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

People he didn't know sent him little knick-knacks, decorations and little porelain figurines and such, one of them a very impressive black metal cat or some kind of feline with a broad jaw, sitting on its haunches with two tiny emeralds for eyes. It was incredibly detailed, even with the hairs in the fur distinguishable, looking like it was about to get up and walk at any moment. Tarrin put that one on his nightstand, by far his favorite of the decorations.
its never mentiond
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

gnume wrote:
People he didn't know sent him little knick-knacks, decorations and little porelain figurines and such, one of them a very impressive black metal cat or some kind of feline with a broad jaw, sitting on its haunches with two tiny emeralds for eyes. It was incredibly detailed, even with the hairs in the fur distinguishable, looking like it was about to get up and walk at any moment. Tarrin put that one on his nightstand, by far his favorite of the decorations.
its never mentiond

I thought it was the goddess as didn't he use that later for a soulstone?
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Hearly wrote:
gnume wrote:
its never mentiond

I thought it was the goddess as didn't he use that later for a soulstone?

If my memory serves me correctly it was. Though been quite a few years since i have read that series.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

That's the thing, Tarrin chose it for the soultrap, because he was fond of it even if he didn't remember who it came from, but I don't recall seeing anywhere that it was the Goddess, only her thinking that she liked it, even then, I think it was because she associated it with him and his soul.
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

wasnt the mistress of novises named elsa or something like that?
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Mistress Elsa gave him a small chest, but the cat was never mentioned. I'm still not convinced it was the Goddess. Maybe I need a thump in the head.
bigkup
Talent

Post by bigkup »

I agree with TGLL. Who give Tarrin the statue is never mentioned. The Goddess appreciates it though. Who knows it could have been Crassius (the god of gods)
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

I highly doubt the Gog would be amused to be called Crassius...implying that he is crass could cause some nasty repercussions for you... Perhaps you mean Cassiter?
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
bigkup
Talent

Post by bigkup »

I was to lazy to look up the name. Thanks for the correction
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

I think it was either the Goddess or one of the Sha'kar. It's described as being very detailed, like both the statue of the Goddess and the statues that were on Sha'Kari in "The Shadow Realm." My bet would be on the Goddess, though sometimes Fel likes to tell me I'm wrong. 8)
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

That's a good bet. Sha'Kar love art. I rather doubt it was Auli, perhaps Ianelle?