Black cat statue

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
TStyle
Sorcerer

Re: Black cat statue

Post by TStyle »

Gift List:
Allia: A strange little piece of crystal shaped vaguely like a pair of Oversized Spectacles
Azakar: A Swordbelt
Camara Tal and Koran Dar: A strange little steel trinket that their note said was called a Hope Charm
Dar: A Clock
Dolanna: A large book titled A History of the Tower of Six Spires
Elsa Gaarnhold: Small Chest
Ianelle: A small box holding a Silver Comb and Brush
Jula: A New Backpack
Keritanima: A Stout Robe made of a strange material that was thick yet soft, and not very heavy
Miranda: Telluria Fountain Pen
Phandebrass: A little wooden songbird that would warble and sing off-key whenever he touched it
Sapphire: A Little Crystal Bell
Sevren: A Razor and Small Shaving Bowl
Tiella: A box of her mother's sweetbread, and a pair of soft leather shoes to be worn around the room
Walten: Sent him a note telling him he could have his bow back along with a box holding a strange knife with a blade that actually folded back into the handle, a handle sheathed in ivory.
Someone he didn't know sent him a book titled Magical and Semi-Magical Plants of Northern Sennadar and Their Uses.
Weavespinner: Chapter 5 wrote: People he didn't know sent him little knick-knacks, decorations and little porelain figurines and such, one of them a very impressive black metal cat or some kind of feline with a broad jaw, sitting on its haunches with two tiny emeralds for eyes. It was incredibly detailed, even with the hairs in the fur distinguishable, looking like it was about to get up and walk at any moment. Tarrin put that one on his nightstand, by far his favorite of the decorations.
Weavespinner: Chapter 6 wrote: "I dare say you would," she said with an eerie reptillian grin.
"I do really like that one, though," he said, pointing at the cat with the emerald eyes.
"Who sent it?"
"I forgot. One of those people I can't really remember," he answered.
That's what I could find... unless it is mentioned later in the book or in later books I'm pretty sure we're never told who actually gave it to him.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Fiferguy wrote:I think it was either the Goddess or one of the Sha'kar. It's described as being very detailed, like both the statue of the Goddess and the statues that were on Sha'Kari in "The Shadow Realm." My bet would be on the Goddess, though sometimes Fel likes to tell me I'm wrong. 8)
You're wrong.

My, I liked doing that.

You're WRONG!

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And

!

Just for good measure.

My. I feel incredibly good now. I think I'll go finish Walker11 since I have a day off.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

ROFLOL about "You're Wrong." :wink: :twisted:

Cheering happily about "Walker 11" :D :lol: 8)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Fel wrote:My. I feel incredibly good now. I think I'll go finish Walker11 since I have a day off.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Post by TLGG »

Well, I'm glad the thread was useful. hmm. Was it Spyder?
Dreamer
Initiate

Post by Dreamer »

I seem to remember that a certain red-headed humanoid feline liking to do some carving. I always assumed that she only carved wood... Maybe I was wrong? It would be perfectly in character for her to make it for him and wait for him to figure it out or not on his own.

A second guess would be the main goddess (don't remember her name currently) through the All, Just because the Wikuni goddess is the only one mentioned as haveing forsight doesn't negate her superiors from having the same gift (although the others I think were mentioned as NOT having the ability, but the main goddess wasn't directly included in the "conversations" about it as I remember).

Finally, it was Fel the magnificent that wrote in the item and it's role(s) in the plot(s). Deus ex Machina could be a cop-out answer, but no-one would ever believe that Fel would stoop to the evil of using a cheap writer's trick just to see what chaos would ensue as a result.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

I highly doubt Jesmind has the skill to produce something so magnificent. As for Ayise, considering how much she opposed Tarrin initially, if she had seen anything in the future concerning what the statue would be used for, she most probably would have spent more time making sure no one makes it rather than the other way round. Afterall she only understood his motivations in the time when he surrendered to her when he was reclaiming his mortality.

My bet is on the GoG in his guise as Cassiter or one of his agents like mother Wynn.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Dreamer wrote: Finally, it was Fel the magnificent that wrote in the item and it's role(s) in the plot(s). Deus ex Machina could be a cop-out answer, but no-one would ever believe that Fel would stoop to the evil of using a cheap writer's trick just to see what chaos would ensue as a result.
A deus ex machina is something the writer pulls from out of his @$$ to save his character. The black cat statue is more of Chekov's gun.

We were introduced to the cat statue, it was purposely brought up as Tarrin was leaving, along with his hair braid.

Had it been a deus ex, we would not have had that second part. Instead, the Goddess would have come by and said "Oh, when Tarrin was a god he reached out and did this." Instead, it was already set up.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:You're wrong.

My, I liked doing that.

You're WRONG!

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And

!

Just for good measure.

My. I feel incredibly good now. I think I'll go finish Walker11 since I have a day off.
You did that just to spite me, didn't you?

:twisted: