legacy?

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Re: legacy?

Post by kd7mvs »

@gnume Well, I certainly noticed that faeries got a revamp, only living forty years when Sarraya had been married for over a hundred years. What other continuity problems?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

there was a short story or one shot, that introduced Jasanas abilities, I remember it mentioned about how she was a special kind of Druid, capable of making object similar to the magic dampening ruby that was found. What happened to it?
.S.A.M.K.M
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

SYED wrote:there was a short story or one shot, that introduced Jasanas abilities, I remember it mentioned about how she was a special kind of Druid, capable of making object similar to the magic dampening ruby that was found. What happened to it?
I think you're thinking of the fan fiction http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1536, where it's not Jasana but a new cub named Jaris, the Druidic equivalent of a Sui'Kun. Only one chapter seemed to be produced.
Last edited by kd7mvs on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Please post the link, would like to check it out again.

Would Druidic artifacts have survived the breaking, they depend on the All , not the weave? So where are they? Druid magic is dangerous, you mess up, you die. Artifacts would allow druids access to abilities beyond their reach.
.S.A.M.K.M
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

I edited my previous post to provide the link, but it was easy to find, on the second page of the community added stories forum, just where it should be.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

SYED wrote:Please post the link, would like to check it out again.

Would Druidic artifacts have survived the breaking, they depend on the All , not the weave? So where are they? Druid magic is dangerous, you mess up, you die. Artifacts would allow druids access to abilities beyond their reach.
Remember, when Tarrin and the others attacked for the skyships, they were absolutely stunned to find a Druidic artifact. Apparently, they're so rare that it even throws the dragons for a loop to find one.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Would the new sui'kui follow sui;kun behavior this time around? Make the druids a formly defined order of magic. Join with the orders to create techno organic machines, living magical constructs. Such creations would be bound to sennadar.
Create a druidic academy!
If the weave is part of the all, does that make druids capable of some sorcery.
Does aiyse have a priesthood, or do druids do that for her?
As there are ten Sui'kun, there should be 10 towers. One for each sphere, and a tower dedicated to each of the other three orders of magic. Like the present 2 towers, the 8 additional ones should be built over a major conduit. They should also be linked by portals allowing quick and easy travel.
The one dedicated to druids, would have shrines to Niami and Ayise, while the wizard tower would be dedicated to Niami and the god of wizard magic. THe priest temple would have shrines to all sennadar gods, past and present, but emphasis on the 10 elder gods.
WT would be an academy to train new wizards, and bestow an official diploma, that would show that the person is recognised as a skilled wizard by the orders of magic. Also, a center of magical research and study. Also ensure proper use of wizardry is followed, and hunt down roge negative wizards.
PT would be neutral meeting place for the different religons to meet and interact with each other, also center of contact and business with sorcerers.
DT would be a meeting place for druids, a place where they can store and exchange lore. All of them have groves, so could create portals to them. Also, a place for the wood folk, those with a touch of the all when they need magic. A place to record and contain druidic magics. A fortress against the creatures the forest folk hunt, vampires and alike. There are immortals in the forest folk, so able to learn more than one order, so they have the potential to become both wizard and priest so come here to learn and travel to other towers.
There could potentially be an 11th tower, dedicated to the other planes. THey would keep an eye on all portals in and out of sennadar, creating their own portal network to guard and keep watch over them. Keeping track of all items and people from beyond this world, as well as what the people are summoning. They act as the ambassadors and guardians to extra planar beings.
.S.A.M.K.M