legacy?

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
dan148
Talent

legacy?

Post by dan148 »

any chance of ya doing more that the 1 chapter on legacy fel?
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Re: legacy?

Post by Mad Monk »

He's basically split off "Legacy" and made it into "Spirit Walker" and "Shadow Walker" as he describes here:

http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.ph ... rit#p14350

Personally, I feel that the story line has drifted considerably from where Legacy was, and would like him to continue Legacy down a different path, but who knows where his fickle muse will take him? :wink:
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
dan148
Talent

Post by dan148 »

same here i think it would be interesting to see what happens down the line there.....
stgardn1
Talent

Post by stgardn1 »

I never got a chance to read the pro-type chapter of Legacy, and can't find it anywhere on the site. How about putting it up again so those of us that never had a chance to read it could look at it and make comments?

Thanks,
fortress
Sorcerer

Post by fortress »

kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

i seem to remember from the original pyrosian chronicles that eron was a mishara born to stop jasana from doing something catastrophic. maybe even a story line about that. it wouldn't even have to have the old characters in it that much and avoid the DBZ syndrome that is talked about in some of the older forum posts.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kal wrote:i seem to remember from the original pyrosian chronicles that eron was a mishara born to stop jasana from doing something catastrophic.
Yes, that will happen in Legacy. It's a big spoiler, but Jasana is the villain of this story, along with about half of Fae-da'Nar, who violently object to the Wikuni's apparent moves toward empire and their technological advances starting to harm nature.

And I do intend to extend it a little at least, so you can see what happens to Keritanima. A few people were very angry with me that I did that to her.

Such attachment to the queen mother...I'm impressed. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Fel wrote:And I do intend to extend it a little at least, so you can see what happens to Keritanima. A few people were very angry with me that I did that to her.

Kerri has been a dear friend to many of us and we cannot bear to see her condemned to eternal torment.
-DM
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

DigitalMaestro wrote:
Fel wrote:And I do intend to extend it a little at least, so you can see what happens to Keritanima. A few people were very angry with me that I did that to her.

Kerri has been a dear friend to many of us and we cannot bear to see her condemned to eternal torment.
-DM
Especially since she keeps popping up in various guises throughout your stories, Fel... :twisted:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Fiferguy wrote:
DigitalMaestro wrote:

-DM
Especially since she keeps popping up in various guises throughout your stories, Fel... :twisted:
I'm not supposed to show favoritism, but I cannot lie...Kerri is probably my second favorite character in ANY work I've done.

I love scoundrels, and Kerri was a born scoundrel.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:I love scoundrels, and Kerri was a born scoundrel.
Like father, like...written daughter?
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:
kal wrote:i seem to remember from the original pyrosian chronicles that eron was a mishara born to stop jasana from doing something catastrophic.
Yes, that will happen in Legacy. It's a big spoiler, but Jasana is the villain of this story, along with about half of Fae-da'Nar, who violently object to the Wikuni's apparent moves toward empire and their technological advances starting to harm nature.

And I do intend to extend it a little at least, so you can see what happens to Keritanima. A few people were very angry with me that I did that to her.

Hey , we of the Commonwealth have a thing for Queen mothers you know.....
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

things that are happening
-age of magic and tech
-seven towers rebuilt, possibly more towers built for the extra suikin, dedicated to wizardry, priests and druids. all the towers are linked by portals. find new pupils by tracking their link to the weave. So a tower dedicated to each sphere of magic, with a tower dedicated to each of the three other orders of magic. The tower has to be built upon major conduits.
-more wikuana and selani are gonna have more sorcerrers and druids, they already have priests and some wizards. alia and her husband at that huge meet of the clans searched and found more magic users.
-if the fae de nar are gonna go to war over technology, they will need more magic, so will become priests, wizards or both. also attempt to change more humans with sorcerer potential. they are dangerous as they can use multiple orders of magic. Arnt dragons a part of this society. WOuld they want tech every where. if the world is being industrialised, does that mean their forests are under threat.
-a great deal of flying ships, flying engine that only require the feeding of energy via a member of one of the four orders of magic.
- legacy of the amazon sorcerer, linked all the amazon islands with portals
-the aedella city, will likly become a huge sky ship port
- those evil empires of valkar and stygia, will likly experience raids similar to the one that stole the air fleet. If evey city was looted and burned, the countries are likly very crippled, so marginallised.
-using the biggest circles, they could have rebuilt the cities of the ancients and that drawf city in the desert. THe goddess of magic is likly to cheat so the nobles of the land, the human ones at least, will become her children so they would support magic.
-huge railway lines cover the continent. the whole place going through the industrial revolution. Cities being remake to wikuna standards.
-using magic will they recreate the lost species of the world.
-will a way to help the fae de nar, heal wounded areas of the world, using magic circles to restore the balance of nature. THat desert between warring countries, coulb be remake with the forest folk keeping both sides apart.
-fae de nar would search out people to join their societies, willingly or by force. magic can suppress the beast enough for the person to learn control.
- if extra planar travel is once more allowed, then the portals will need over sight, not just on entry way but on all exits. SO they wont only have towers, but but out posts.
-the three great libaries will work to gehter and copy each other books.
.S.A.M.K.M
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

Mad Monk wrote:He's basically split off "Legacy" and made it into "Spirit Walker" and "Shadow Walker" as he describes here:

http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.ph ... rit#p14350

Personally, I feel that the story line has drifted considerably from where Legacy was, and would like him to continue Legacy down a different path, but who knows where his fickle muse will take him? :wink:
So I went to check out that link. I love the first line of Fel's post.
No, Kit won't go to chapter 39. Actually, it should end around chapter 19 or 20. The story's almost reached its end, and it actually went about 8 chapters past where I expected. I was writing a short story for fun. I have no idea how or why this turned into a full-length work.
*Blinks and checks the current chapter count on Kit.* 42.... poor Fel. :lol:

I also think that Legacy is still a story worth telling... after Fox and the Hawk. I'm REALLY hoping that's the next story in the hopper, because it became an instant classic for me.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Legacy would need a serious rewrite.
attentive readers will notice its a big continuity error as a whole.
its needs a total rewrite.