Sennadar Character Sketches

Caution, Spoilers
The new home for all the older Sennadar books, and the Legacy stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
avidreader
Novice

Re: Sennadar Character Sketches

Post by avidreader »

Fel,

Does a werecat's eyes have irises that completely cover the eye or are they just human eyes with vertically slitted pupils? The same goes for Kerri's eyes. I need those details before I can do another sketch of either of them.

Also, I read Allia's description in the Tower, but it doesnt say if Allia has pointy ears or not. Not like an elf's but I'm just wondering if I should give her human ears. *shrugs*

I'm going all out for this thing, hopefully it won't end in disappointment.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

avidreader wrote:Fel,

Does a werecat's eyes have irises that completely cover the eye or are they just human eyes with vertically slitted pupils? The same goes for Kerri's eyes. I need those details before I can do another sketch of either of them.

Also, I read Allia's description in the Tower, but it doesnt say if Allia has pointy ears or not. Not like an elf's but I'm just wondering if I should give her human ears. *shrugs*

Irises don't completely take up the eye.

Kerri's eyes are human-like, just amber colored.

Allia's ears are pointed. They're also the same size as human ears. Don't forget she has four-fingered hands.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Found these posted the other day: http://insertcopyhere.wordpress.com/200 ... r-pencils/

Thought the 'cat' might be somewhat relevant for reference... although, obviously, different ears, etc.
Byte Storm
Initiate

Post by Byte Storm »

I still say look to Felicia from DarkStalkers for the general were-cat look

http://cyberstore.decepticon-matrix.com ... poster.jpg

When Fel described were-cats, this is is what I think of, generally.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Byte Storm wrote:I still say look to Felicia from DarkStalkers for the general were-cat look

http://cyberstore.decepticon-matrix.com ... poster.jpg

When Fel described were-cats, this is is what I think of, generally.
thats pretty bang on the money
ArcticFox
Novice

Post by ArcticFox »

This is my try at Tarrin:

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Now that is pretty damn impressive. I love the shading and details you've done. Tail's a little long though, i think. About twice as long as it should be. But i don't mind, i like it purely for the effect.

Have any galleries around? ArcticFox turns up a lot of information on arctic foxes, but not much on artists.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Weresmilodon wrote:Now that is pretty damn impressive. I love the shading and details you've done. Tail's a little long though, i think. About twice as long as it should be. But i don't mind, i like it purely for the effect.

Have any galleries around? ArcticFox turns up a lot of information on arctic foxes, but not much on artists.

Dittos the pretty damn impressive part!
Byte Storm
Initiate

Post by Byte Storm »

Very impressive, but go more Nordic in the face, and wider shoulders. Remember that Tarrin heavily favors his mother's Utgardt features, which are Nordic in comparison, meaning wide shoulders and prominent muscles. and cut the tail at the beginning of the second curve
avidreader
Novice

Post by avidreader »

Fel wrote:
avidreader wrote:Fel,

Irises don't completely take up the eye.

Kerri's eyes are human-like, just amber colored.

Allia's ears are pointed. They're also the same size as human ears. Don't forget she has four-fingered hands.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten Allia's fingers, but what I did forget was to ask the exact style and cut of Allia's desert garb. Enlighten me, please. Also, I don't think Allia carried a weapon, did she? Or was her weapon the Dance and nothing else?
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

twin short swords if i am remembering right
ArcticFox
Novice

Post by ArcticFox »

Weresmilodon wrote:Now that is pretty damn impressive. I love the shading and details you've done. Tail's a little long though, i think. About twice as long as it should be. But i don't mind, i like it purely for the effect.

Yeah, I see I did get carried away a bit with the tail :wink: Thanks to all for comments and constructive critics. I dont have gallery yet but plan to make deviant art account at some point when i have enough stuff to show.

Right now working on Jegojah pic... close-up :twisted:
Gotta try spending the time somehow while waiting Fel's next chapter :D
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

That's actally very, very close to my image of him.

But like they said up there, tail's too long, and he's like a Viking. Broad shoulders, ripped abdominals, corded arms, thick legs (which you got just right proportionally) strong jaw, resilient cheekbones, straight nose, and piercing eyes, very powerful-looking yet retaining his sleekness. The way to describe Tarrin's facial features is a "handsome brute," chiseled, strong features that are attractive in a masculine sense.

The feet are EXACTLY right. Those are Tarrin's feet right down to the smallest detail. You even remembered the 5 toes.

One other very minor cosmetic detail: the chain of his shaeram is just a tiny bit longer, and his brands are more to the outsides of his shoulders, but the brands as you drew them are correct.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
ArcticFox
Novice

Post by ArcticFox »

Fel wrote:That's actally very, very close to my image of him.

But like they said up there, tail's too long, and he's like a Viking. Broad shoulders, ripped abdominals, corded arms, thick legs (which you got just right proportionally) strong jaw, resilient cheekbones, straight nose, and piercing eyes, very powerful-looking yet retaining his sleekness. The way to describe Tarrin's facial features is a "handsome brute," chiseled, strong features that are attractive in a masculine sense.

The feet are EXACTLY right. Those are Tarrin's feet right down to the smallest detail. You even remembered the 5 toes.

One other very minor cosmetic detail: the chain of his shaeram is just a tiny bit longer, and his brands are more to the outsides of his shoulders, but the brands as you drew them are correct.
Thank you for those points. I shall make those adjustments on my next pic of him :)

In the mean time here is my take on Jegojah. I drew the background for effects sake though you could say its the necromantic aura about him :wink:

ArcticFox
Novice

Post by ArcticFox »

I havent had much practice drawing females lately and even less ethereal beauties like Allia but I gave it a shot. Allia is described pretty good at the start chapter 8 of Tower of Sorcery and so I used that as base and added the twin shortswords and the sash. Had to guess about boots though... what is the proper selani footwear? Gotta grumble a bit about baggy clothes though, drawing ethereal beauties is much easier the less clothes there is :P

Allia take 1: