Lost in translation... some spoiler information*

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Lost in translation... some spoiler information*

Post by michaelsuave »

I think its interesting/funny how in chapter 6, where Jason is describing the Airbikes to Temika for the first time, he is in the back of his skimmer and he tells her the name, he says,
Spoiler
Show
“There they are,” he told her. “Two JX-31 recreational airbikes,” he recited, using the Faey language to give their names, as there was no way to translate it.
But the funny thing is, that there is a way to translate it, the name JX-31 is italicised as it is supposed to be the Faey translation... so even though Jason doesn't have a translation for the bikes names... obviously fel does have the ability to translate the name of the airbikes into english. Just a thought. :)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Lost in translation... some spoiler information*

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:I think its interesting/funny how in chapter 6, where Jason is describing the Airbikes to Temika for the first time, he is in the back of his skimmer and he tells her the name, he says,
Spoiler
Show
“There they are,” he told her. “Two JX-31 recreational airbikes,” he recited, using the Faey language to give their names, as there was no way to translate it.
But the funny thing is, that there is a way to translate it, the name JX-31 is italicised as it is supposed to be the Faey translation... so even though Jason doesn't have a translation for the bikes names... obviously fel does have the ability to translate the name of the airbikes into english. Just a thought. :)

Now you know better then that ......it's like watching a movie ....Jason told her the Name in Faey but we get the translation version so we know whats happening
Just like subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

See no problem

Phantom :wink: