Something I picked up on... (spoilers)

Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Something I picked up on... (spoilers)

Post by Phantom »

Bastor wrote:quote from AntiCarrot
It will still be obvious the moon masses only 1/1000th of what it should. (Again, if they bothered to do the math.) It would be hard to see that as natural.) end quote

1.You are assuming that all moons are made of the same material. 2. That mass measurements are able to differentiate between natural and artificial mass, 3. The moon as it is now does not weigh the same or perhaps heavier than it should. 4. That the specs that they have for Karis moon is the original data. After 1000+ yrs I'd think the Kimdori would have changed the data.
Ben
Everyone is also assuming that the moon is a Natural body ...

Maybe it is artifical and was Enginered by the Karinnes ?

One question i've had about it ....

Why wasn't it also targeted in the attack ?

And why dosen't Jason Install Holo-emiters in the Satellite ring to make Karis appear Dead from a distance like it should ?

Hey he has the toys and other stuff now.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Re: Something I picked up on... (spoilers)

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Bastor wrote: 1.You are assuming that all moons are made of the same material.
Firstly, note the correct way of quoting someone. Secondly, I know a little about space science. You seem not to.

Moons don't come as chocolate assortment. All objects at a given distance from a star tend to be made from the same material. If they're similar on the inside then the outsides tend to look similar when examined from a distance.
After 1000+ yrs I'd think the Kimdori would have changed the data.
Which would make thing all the more obvious if those figures were ever checked. My point is that the moon would look damn odd to anyone who had the slightest knowledge of Newtonian physics.
Phantom wrote:Why wasn't it also targeted in the attack ?
In the heat of battle the surface and orbital structures were probably a higher priority. Afterwards, the moon hadn't shoot back, so why bother? Besides, I believe it was about that time the enemy fleet turned up, and they had other things to worry about.

Holoemitters are a possibility, but remember Dehnai has had a chance to smash and grab Jason's mountain getaway, so she might know how to counteract or detect them.