Weavespinner

Subjugation, Chapter 20 Spoilers

Post by Spec8472 »

Spoilers discussion here, folks.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: Subjugation, Chapter 20 Spoilers

Post by Spec8472 »

(I edited this post as I read the story) the three dashes indicates a break in time

Bahaha... some people are going to be pleased/displeased. (No, I'm not finished yet - just reached the Mey flower thingy.)

(Whole story idea - gone!) :)

---

Bahahaha.

"Would you like to ride my pony, Yila? I can guarantee you, it will be a once in a lifetime experience." -- Grand Duke Jason Augustus Fox Shaddale Karinne, to Yila Trefani.

---

Damn, I lost my bet, shades98 - PM me.

---

Oh, and Jason & Yana...
Damn, you'd think Fel was scouring the boards for ideas ;)

---

Finished, wonderful end to a wonderful story.

Now, it's 12:38AM and I need to go to bed :P (3hrs to read it, heh)
Last edited by Spec8472 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
mbeau
Sorcerer

Post by mbeau »

Karinne Tech speculation:

Teleportation - Based on Jason and Jyslin showing up undetected for the presentation of Dahnai's daughter...
Lunchbox
Initiate

Post by Lunchbox »

more like advanced personal cloaking and a cloaked ship stored away near there
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

So, Did Kumi ever get it on with Jason?

Fel, I hope you do decide to expand the Sujugation universe, in your writing you bring the universe alive be it Sujugation, or Sennadar..
mbeau
Sorcerer

Post by mbeau »

RevJest wrote:
mbeau wrote:Karinne Tech speculation:

Teleportation - Based on Jason and Jyslin showing up undetected for the presentation of Dahnai's daughter...
Some sort of advanced hyperspace technology? A short jump to a cloaked ship in orbit?

- RJ
I think so.
more like advanced personal cloaking and a cloaked ship stored away near there
I am less certain of this. IIRC (and I might not) the cloaking hid the stuff from the sensors, but not from visual sighthings.
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

...after Secretary Kim relayed an urgent message to Kiaari that African rebels were about to try to declare war on South Africa. Jason simply showed up at the United Nations...
Ack! Not my region, use North West Africa.
Your local Witch Doctor
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Wow finished a few hours ago. I don't set a melancholy mood but I must say. Great story, and great ending. I will miss it.

And talk about in vitro... I can see the Ads already "Do Jason - even better than in vitro!":twisted:

They should have built a nursery before the Academy I know the children will need an education but first thing first... :twisted:
khyranleander
Initiate

Post by khyranleander »

Et cetera and et alia, ever and ever anon.

(Might get the idea I liked it a little. <g>)

Even tho this be Spoiler thread: MINOR SPOILER WARNING

Minor quibble where you have Jyslin being introduced to Dahni twice (Dec 25th in NYC, and later just after her pregnancy is announced), and Erinn's rank shifted pretty fast (Baron to Count in like two paras!) But otherwise... WOW!!! Heh, Jason's latest bit of prank-tech warfare was pretty dang good, too (arf!) -- found myself chuckling aloud through most of that. Though, funny as that was, the big fight later was a LOT more satisfying.
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

HELLO KITTY!!! MY LITTLE PONY!!!

LMFAO!!

I almost dies when I read that. You can't stand the ride!! Oh damn Fel, what would the He-Man action figure do to her!! :twisted:
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

the puppy had me laughing untill I was red faced... I haven't laughed that hard in monthes, thank you fel.
as for the dissapearing trick, well fel never said what kind of cloaking tech kerrine had, so it might not be his standby 'light absorb' trick that worked on nighttime on earth...

um it might just be how fel likes to end books, but those closing paragraphs at the end after the story remind me of the endings of his other books... only minus the 'to be continued' but it certainly left the universe open for another story, though this one is closed...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Good Wrap Up to the story.

SPOILERS : Nah, the book has ended. Nothing much can spoil the story. But still I expected Kumi to get the honors. Yana is expected.

QWESTIONS: Some there. Expected the SKAA to be more vicious, and a fight to erupt some where during the Academy opening ceremony.

But overall, A Very Good Book to spend my vacation with. Reading it for the 20th time I guess.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

This ending seems familiar somehow...

An interesting microcosm of Mr Galloway's characteristics as a writer.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

ANTIcarrot wrote:This ending seems familiar somehow...

An interesting microcosm of Mr Galloway's characteristics as a writer.
To a point, but he's not as stale as some of the authors out there who keep writing the same stories over and over again, with different names, Places, etc but the same premise behind them,

(for example cmsix, and morgan)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

hehehe, so, you guys liked the Friendly Puppy eh?

Well, it was damn hard coming up with something to top the marbles.

And to be honest, the scene between Jason and Yila was probably one of my favorites. Jason is about the only person I've ever written about that can make children's toys look more like doomsday machines. Yila did NOT want to get to My Little Pony. Hello Kitty would have done her in, no doubt.

As to the double meeting between Jyslin and Dahnai, yah, I caught that myself after pushing out the chapter, I think I wrote the second scene at 4 in the morning one night and wasn't thinking clearly. Premature upload, meet proofreading at 5am after I've been up for 21 hours straight. I'll fix it when I go through and thoroughly proofread the chapters to clear out the errors.

And it wasn't me scouring the boards for inspiration as much as it was a combination of me giving too many spoilers and people able to figure out where I was going. Think from now on I'm not talking about future chapters til I write them. ;)

I have had to use some of the board chatter a few times, mainly because some of you guys looked at things from an angle i didn't consider, and I realized that my future plans wouldn't work...so you saved me from having to do major rewrites. ;)

As far as the Subjugation universe goes, I'm not planning on doing any book-sized projects in it anymore, but I might write a short story here and there on some of the issues I intentionally left open and unresolved, such as the humans the Trillanes abducted, or the possibility of a civil war started by the Dorranes or Shovalles.

I'll probably also write up some background info and post it, describing other governments and races, and basicly fleshing things out for those couple of people who asked for it. Just diverting side stuff that I can do quickly and would be fun.

What's next? Demon's Bane, no doubt. That has to be finished. After that, not sure.

But, I'm gonna take a few days off, and probably won't start work on Demon's Bane until Saturday or Sunday.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.