Replicators (Spoilers)

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Replicators (Spoilers)

Post by Hearly »

I've been thinking about these, Now if Jason releases the one that will make "food" (I'm assuming it would be some type of tasteless paste type food) wouldn't that help the Imperium with there warlike ways?

I mean think about it, who except maybe the Military would give there people some type of Paste for food? (and maybe the unemployed/broke/poor people)

Right now Supplies are probably one of the biggest hurdles to there fleets operating in space for long periods of time, but if they do not have to worry about food/water, they can operate a lot longer, hence longer campaigns...

I mean right now I'm not sure how much room on a ship (or supply ships in a fleet) is for food/water, without needing that room, wouldn't it allow them to either add more firepower/shields, etc..

To me Replicators would indirectly help, not like releasing his Shielding would be a direct help, but it still would be a help wouldn't it?

Edit: Yes Fel, we love Nitpicking because we're bored waiting for chapter 20 :P
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Re: Replicators (Spoilers)

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Besides, how much more useful is an Advanced Replicator than the old sci-fi classic of processed algae? It might be easier and/or cheaper for a colony to have one of those for just the basic nutrients of life. Or they could have one of the more modern 'in vetro meat' plants.

Faey can build both, but still import food, so presumably neither is good enough. If they aren't, how much better will Advanced Replicator food be?
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

Hmm..I don't know, when I think advanced, I would hope it would be better than your basic replicator. Obviously, it probably wouldn't make really complex foods, but shouldn't it be able to form foods of a lower complexity. Or I'm just spouting dribble, and have no idea what I'm talking about. :lol:
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

I have this image of the Advanced Replicator's food looking like the "food" we saw them eating in the Matrix... Runny eggs, snot, whatever you want to call it. It may have everything the body needs, but certainly not what the taste buds desire.

-Miraborn
Halcyon
Katzh-dashi

Post by Halcyon »

miraborn wrote:I have this image of the Advanced Replicator's food looking like the "food" we saw them eating in the Matrix... Runny eggs, snot, whatever you want to call it. It may have everything the body needs, but certainly not what the taste buds desire.

-Miraborn
...Yeah, I think I'll just wait for my food to grow...