The Imperium's In Trouble - Can Jason save it?

ampws
Sorcerer

Re: The Imperium's In Trouble - Can Jason save it?

Post by ampws »

Yeah got a temper that girl remember when Jason fled to the wilds in his skimmer she was about to shoot him with her rifle - even if it would have blown them all up. :(

Only Maya stopped her.

AMPWS
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

We know about the white rose and that the male has no say in it, but how about the law.

Jason is already official married, so either polygamy is legitimate or the empress can force Jason to be divorced from Jyslin. And if both of that isn't possible by the law, is the empress allowed to send the rose at all?

Astardis

P.S.: This reasoning might be only plausible if the empress isn't placed above the law itself like Louis XVI of France. But since the faey system is feudalistic and not monarchical I highly doubt that the empress has that status.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Fel wrote:There is no laws against polygamy in Faey society, but the intense pair-bonding that forms between Faey spouses makes polygamy rather rare.
see Faey Marriage, Sex and Kids for more info...
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Did you notice that bit about the lifespans of the 'generations'?

Jason has a potential lifespan of 300 years, Jyslyn only has about 200.

AMPWS
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Hearly wrote:Na, she might Strangle the Empress thou, From what Fel said, If she sends him a White rose, he cannot say No..
Given the Faey's love of all ethics medieval, even if Jason couldn't refuse, there's probably some kind of 'Defend Your Man' clause Juslyn could make use of to challenge her.

Sweaty naked hand to hand oil wrestling perhaps? :D :D
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

nah, ky gel maybe...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Sure it would be nice to see Dahani & Jyslin go down on each other but thats not the point.

What we should be concentrating on is how Jason deals with the Dahani and her court and the other Faey house elders. Jason has been commanded to be present at dahani's court for several months to give him an idea of how things work amongst the upper classes of the faey hierarchy.

He is going to see first hand the conniving and manipulation of the faey nobles.

Not that this is a bad thing it will give him some real world political experience which he badly needs. I know house Mother Zaa gave him a knowledge of the faey imperium politics but he must learn to apply that.

Jason's House Karrine is considered a house minor so I have no doubt that he will be thrown in amongst the minor houses. Most likely they will look to him as a spokesman against the Houses Major. They will see that he gave the trillanes a black eye and the fact that he has the empresses favour.

I think that there is ample room to start making the changes necessary to help the imperium, individually the Houses Minor may have a small voice but combined I think that they could be a big stick indeed.

The problem is that with the Houses Major building up for civil war can any changes he effects do any good :?:

There are other things on Jasons plate as well.

Denmother Zaa told Jason that the Karrines has alliances with the other races not allied to the Imperium. With the resurgence of House Karrine I suspect that they will be wanting some of Jasons time and help.

Then of course there is Karris and the CBIM Cybi. I think that Cybi holds more than Jason realises. Although Jason and Cybi were in communion for some time I doubt that he managed to more than scratch the depth of what the House Karrine had developed.

Admittedly Karrine tech is way in advance of the Imperium - however there is always a gap between pure theory and application. I supsect that when Jason goes looking he will be very suprised indeed.

Jason also has to cope with Dahani I think that she suspects that the Karrine tech is greatly in advance of currect faey tech even though it is 1500 years old. I mean she would have to be stupid not to realise it. :)

Jasons little Nova was as fast as anything currently in production.

His ship took metaphased plasma blasts both on shields and the hull, neither which the imperium can do.

If Dahani had observers in earthspace (and she did) then she would also realise that Jasons ship managed the hyper-space jump in real-time without the effects of time dilation. :wink:

Also something fel has been QT about is those hyper-space transport effects that Jason has been experiencing. The Karrines were very good with hyper-space something the imperium virtually ignores. Maybe there's something there :?:

Jason also has to come up with an answer for those millions of humans trapped on Uruma the Urumi are not friends of the imperium and House Merraine.

Hang on a minute maybe one of those old alliances of House Karrine was with the Urumi be a neat way out of the problem, eh Fel. :D

Anyway let me know what you think.

AMPWS
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

But the three million humans aren't trapped. Given a choice they would choose to stay as 'loyal Trillane soldiers'. He can draw attention to their existence, and politically pressure the Trillane to 'take care of their own' but mentioning how they came to be there woudl open a can of worms the Empress wishes to remain closed.

Asking them back woudl be to invite 3,000,000 Trillane loyal spies and saboteurs into their midst during their most vulnerable time. One of Jason's first really difficult decision might have to be to write them off as lost.

Which isn't to say he can't seek revenge. To the best of my recall, House Trillane manufactured PPGs have shown a shocking lack of reliability of late...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

who said loyal to trillane, they are ground pounders, canon fodder, they are loyal and obediant to their supperiors, and are not the empreses mind benders the best around.
.S.A.M.K.M
madathlon
Initiate

Post by madathlon »

I just finished the story up to Ch 19.. And if there been brainwashed.. there not human any more.. you know there been turned into BioRobots with only one thing on there mind... Id say get them back, reprogram them to be farmers and give them the best that can be done.. They been tampered with.. most likly they have no clue who or what they are.. Id bet they even been fully wiped.. mo memeory of there past lives.. So get them home.. Reprogram to be the Best farmer ever.. give them the best care.. and try to give them the life thats been stripped from them..

Becouse there brain washed.. I wouldnt try to reset them.. It most likly wouldnt work.. but there no reason they couldnt be asset on there home world and have a full life around thoes that will care for them..
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

Yeah, the empresses mindbenders are going to be far better than any the trillanes could manage. The empress has first call on the best talent in the empire and marines are universally in that top 6% of faey mindbenders.

IF and I say IF Jason can pull of some sort of diplomatic coup and get the Urumi to release them the odds are that they can be freed from the mind conditioning imposed by the trillanes.

Of course that just leaves what sort of price the Urumi and the empress will be wanting from Jason if this happens :D

AMPWS
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

ampws wrote:Yeah, the empresses mindbenders are going to be far better than any the trillanes could manage. The empress has first call on the best talent in the empire and marines are universally in that top 6% of faey mindbenders.

IF and I say IF Jason can pull of some sort of diplomatic coup and get the Urumi to release them the odds are that they can be freed from the mind conditioning imposed by the trillanes.

Of course that just leaves what sort of price the Urumi and the empress will be wanting from Jason if this happens :D

AMPWS
Actually, if Jason would be able to get Proof, that there are Humans there, and that they have been "altered' wouldn't that be enough proof to show what Trillane as done to pull there charter?
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Hearly wrote:
ampws wrote:Yeah, the empresses mindbenders are going to be far better than any the trillanes could manage. The empress has first call on the best talent in the empire and marines are universally in that top 6% of faey mindbenders.

AMPWS
Actually, if Jason would be able to get Proof, that there are Humans there, and that they have been "altered' wouldn't that be enough proof to show what Trillane as done to pull there charter?
That's possible, but then it's also possible that would force them to immediately attack the Empire to try to take the crown.

History is written by the victors, and if Trilliane won the throne and eridicated Merrane, the slavery didn't happen.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Lochar wrote: That's possible, but then it's also possible that would force them to immediately attack the Empire to try to take the crown.

History is written by the victors, and if Trilliane won the throne and eridicated Merrane, the slavery didn't happen.
Which wouldn't happen, because then Jason would be Killed..
Dimwit
Novice

Post by Dimwit »

Everyone has forgotten that Jyslin will be at Jason's side during his Court stint. Between the two of them it truly is a Fox in the henhouse isn't it? :)

Jason has talent, tech and an outsider's view of a stagnant system. He also has the ear of a willing monarch and the advice from very interesting sources. I think that he will become a real power behind the throne irrespective of what the major Houses want. With all this upheaval I can see some other race attacking the Fey thinking that they're vulnerable or, even worse, as a prod from some of the fallen houses as they lose power.

Makes for interesting times and at least one more book, right? Please? Pretty please?