Third Civil War

Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Third Civil War

Post by Mizriath »

Hi Fel,

Just another thought on this blood relations thingy.

The previous ruling house Shovalles and the highborns are related to that previous house. Then Merrane overthrow the Shovalles. Does it mean the highborns houses got to get blood related to the Merrranes or probably the ruling noble is changed to one who has a lineage that can be traced to Merrane. Or, just an agreement by Merrane and the empress ruling then that they remain as highborn.

I am not sure in history whether minor houses has become highborn and some relegated to minor houses especially when ruling houses change.

Just trying to understand the politics of it in case Karinne becomes the Emperor, as Merrane agrees to abdicate the throne to Karrine, when say 10 billion Faey decide to emigrate to Terra.. in search of a better life and faith with Jason, the Hero. Just a thought and crazy idea.

Miz
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

hahaha, never happen. ;)

Highborns are just that, blood related to the ruling family, and the only one that matters in this is the Grand Duchess. Yes, Grand Duchess, a male can't qualify a house to be Highborn. A house can become Highborn when its Grand Duchess can trace her lineage to prove that connection. A Minor house could score a political marriage with the son of the Empress, produce a female child, and stick her on the house throne, and BANG, that house is now a Highborn House.

That's all it takes.

A Highborn house can lose that status if there is no one in the house blood-related to the Empress to stick on the throne.

And clearly, any house with a Grand Duke sitting on the throne cannot be Highborn, even if he has blood relation to the throne. It MUST be a female.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:hahaha, never happen. ;)

Highborns are just that, blood related to the ruling family, and the only one that matters in this is the Grand Duchess. Yes, Grand Duchess, a male can't qualify a house to be Highborn. A house can become Highborn when its Grand Duchess can trace her lineage to prove that connection. A Minor house could score a political marriage with the son of the Empress, produce a female child, and stick her on the house throne, and BANG, that house is now a Highborn House.

That's all it takes.

A Highborn house can lose that status if there is no one in the house blood-related to the Empress to stick on the throne.

And clearly, any house with a Grand Duke sitting on the throne cannot be Highborn, even if he has blood relation to the throne. It MUST be a female.
So since Jason is a man, that means that the new House Karinne is not a highborn house. Are there looser rules for the lower houses? And how can Jason exploit these? :twisted:
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

This means the Imperium will never have any Emperors.

I guess it will gross out the Faey to see an Emperor without clothes. There was a old fairy tale about that. I wonder what the Faey thinks about human Faery tales.

I guess the Faey are too violent too have Faery tales. Thinking about a female Faey trying to find her soulmate with glass shoes.

Nah.. they cannote have Faery tales with all those telepathics. They cannot dream of rages to riches story.. too cynical about their life.

I wonder if there will be any Fourth civil war in the future when the male Faey try to overtake the Imperium wearing Gestalt and belonging to the House Karinne. I guess it is pretty too far fetched for all the Faey males to want to serve under House Karinne since there is a Grand duke.

When a human is not breathing, they turn blue.
When a Faey is not breathing, they turn grey.

Miz
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.