Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Spec8472
Weavespinner

Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Post by Spec8472 »

Spoilers in this thread.

(can you believe I actually go do this stuff BEFORE I read the chapter... the things I do for you folks. ;) )
Deeb
Sorcerer

Re: Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Post by Deeb »

Spec8472 wrote: (can you believe I actually go do this stuff BEFORE I read the chapter... the things I do for you folks. ;) )

That my friend is why you get the big bucks :)
-Deeb
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

So it is coming to a close, I can't wait to see the last chapter, I hope fel leaves it either open a bit for a sequel down the road, or he might consider doing a prequel dealing maybe with the 3rd Civil War and the Faey who stayed on Earth....
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Deeb wrote:That my friend is why you get the big bucks :)
I do?

Operator! Where's my paycheck?
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

So the Empress was indeed a wild card, did know a lot of secrets, and the Faey can't easily shoot through an atmosphere.

So where do I cash in my winnings? :)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Spec8472 wrote:
Deeb wrote:That my friend is why you get the big bucks :)
I do?

Operator! Where's my paycheck?
*hides envelope behind his back*

You get a paycheck?
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

So, he didn't have to give up the Replicator Tech, so He can Patent it in his house name, and that will give him a big boost..
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Yes he could sell the replicator tech, but if it can make food, that would drive down the price of real food and shoot the house that is now going to be taking care of Terra in the foot... lowering their profits and the like. No need to make enemies at this stage of the game...well more than he already has.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Wolfee wrote:Yes he could sell the replicator tech, but if it can make food, that would drive down the price of real food and shoot the house that is now going to be taking care of Terra in the foot... lowering their profits and the like. No need to make enemies at this stage of the game...well more than he already has.
I don't think it would Wolfee, I Jason doesn't have a clue how it will taste, for all we know it will be some tasteless goo, Good for Emergencies, and maybe as a battlefield ration... It's like Generic vs Brand name, Yes some Generic's are pretty good, but most are terrible compared to the brand names..
Astardis
Initiate

Post by Astardis »

There is one thing, that Jason gave a way for sure. Trillane has seen him hyperjumping from Terra and entering Draconian space seconds later instead of days. So, they all now know that he got jump engines who aren't suffering from relativity delay.

Not sure how good the scannings of the hull and the shields during the rescue mission were but I think Trillane knows about the shields stopping metaphased plasma.

So, Jason will have to fend off alot of spies on their way to get a bite from his technology as fast as possible.

Astardis
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Hearly wrote:So, he didn't have to give up the Replicator Tech, so He can Patent it in his house name, and that will give him a big boost..
Why not keep it for an "Ace in the Hole" it gives Jason an edge if they some how start falling short of their quota's

Interesting Plot points open up here .....Have we really seen the LAST of House Trilanne ? could jason end up Helping fight in a Faey Civil war ?

Jason does own a couple of prototype ships ....and if a Scout ship is that good ......how good are the Karinne War Ships ?

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Quindo Ma
Sorcerer

Post by Quindo Ma »

Phantom wrote:Jason does own a couple of prototype ships ....and if a Scout ship is that good ......how good are the Karinne War Ships ?

Phantom
Imagine that combined with newest Imperial Faey tech and everything Jason can come up with.
Multiphased Plasma weaponry, automated attack drones, ultra high speed railguns that don't have to be kept at a "low" speed outside an atmosphere, and his itchers for use within atmospheric fights. Add in double and triple redundancy for critical systems such as shield generators, hull plating, or coolant systems, and you'd have one hell of a beast.
And that's just with what we've seen so far.

If Jason truly wished, he could build ships so advanced that they'd likely be able to take on small fleets on their own.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Quindo Ma wrote:
Phantom wrote:Jason does own a couple of prototype ships ....and if a Scout ship is that good ......how good are the Karinne War Ships ?

Phantom
Imagine that combined with newest Imperial Faey tech and everything Jason can come up with.
Multiphased Plasma weaponry, automated attack drones, ultra high speed railguns that don't have to be kept at a "low" speed outside an atmosphere, and his itchers for use within atmospheric fights. Add in double and triple redundancy for critical systems such as shield generators, hull plating, or coolant systems, and you'd have one hell of a beast.
And that's just with what we've seen so far.

If Jason truly wished, he could build ships so advanced that they'd likely be able to take on small fleets on their own.
the Moonbase could just be put into production of the Proto-type Destroyers, Maybe Automate them as much as possible, Not sure how big the shipyard is on the Moon, but he could probably have a bunch of stuff being built, and cost is not a problem because he could just make Most of the metals he needs, or Just make Silver and have it shipped on the Scout Ship (gutted to be a hauler)
medico69
Novice

Post by medico69 »

Well I can't beleive that Fel is through with this wonderful tale. He did leave it open for a second part and I for one don't think we have seen the last of House Trilanne! :twisted:

All in all thi shas been a very good story and I hat eto see it end.

BUT GREAT JOB FEL!!!!
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

medico69 wrote:Well I can't beleive that Fel is through with this wonderful tale. He did leave it open for a second part and I for one don't think we have seen the last of House Trilanne! :twisted:

All in all thi shas been a very good story and I hat eto see it end.

BUT GREAT JOB FEL!!!!
Well its not over yet as there is one more chapter to go...
Fel wrote:...snipped...
And btw, school starts on Monday, but I'll try to get chapter 20 out at a reasonable clip.

And yes, chapter 20 will be the final chapter of Subjugation. So there, before you ask, there's your answer.