Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Post by michaelsuave »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:I think that part of it is because Jason never intended the mountain to be found. But things became different very, very fast, so no one had time to do anything differently. They didn't really know that Jason was on his way until he was practically on top of them, and then it was too late to plant any kind of sabotage devices.
I'll take that as two things -

#1 - They were setting up an alternate base, I thought - incase they were found. (ch 13/14? + a mention a little later when they picked up the kid and mother)

#2 - They had 15 minutes warning, sheesh - Luke(?) blew up the reactor (by hand) of the exomech in just a few minutes (under attack) - and they already had remote control stuff there, surely it wouldn't be too hard to rig either a time delay or remote control thingy to glass the place.
I agree with spec. But fel has now told us that the black ops people do have the rail guns and stuff. So, Jason probably just goofed, we have already seen that he isn't perfect (aka him getting captured*). Jason had sworn not to give the faey his railgun, so it had to have been an accident.
~Michael 8)

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Phantom wrote:
Hearly wrote:So, he didn't have to give up the Replicator Tech, so He can Patent it in his house name, and that will give him a big boost..
Why not keep it for an "Ace in the Hole" it gives Jason an edge if they some how start falling short of their quota's

Interesting Plot points open up here .....Have we really seen the LAST of House Trilanne ? could jason end up Helping fight in a Faey Civil war ?

Jason does own a couple of prototype ships ....and if a Scout ship is that good ......how good are the Karinne War Ships ?

Phantom
He isn't responsible for Missing the quotas at least thats the way I read it when He and that house were making that deal..
aberia
Sorcerer

Post by aberia »

since the black ops has the specs for the rail gun and the stealth tech.... can Jason lay claims to the patents for these.... I mean every bit of money will help him in his causes

cyberia
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:I agree with spec. But fel has now told us that the black ops people do have the rail guns and stuff. So, Jason probably just goofed, we have already seen that he isn't perfect (aka him getting captured*). Jason had sworn not to give the faey his railgun, so it had to have been an accident.
~Michael 8)

~Michael 8)
If Jason had been on the planet, yeah they probably would've rigged something to blow in the 10-15 minutes they had to go. But #1, Jason was coming in hot, and I mean that in both senses of the word. Coming in extremely fast and under enemy fire. So he was too preoccupied to think about having someone rig something to vaporize their lair.

As for the people inside the mountain, most of the people there that would've had the knowledge to do anything to make that kind of explosion would've have had the mind to. Personally, if I got that type of command from a leader that I trusted with my life, I'd drop everything, get to where I needed to be to get the heck out, and leave. I'd probably grab irreplaceable things that I needed to keep--a photograph of a dead relative, a treasured trinket, or something like that, but nothing else. I'd beat it to the evac zone. I wouldn't think about what I was leaving behind. With that kind of order, you drop everything and run.

Should Jason have planned for it? Probably. But it's too late to worry about it now. What I want to know is if Black Ops is going to do what Lieutenant Lana did in Chapter 2, patent his idea without him knowing about it, and sending him payments for it. That would give him a HUGE surge of income. Especially with the different "stealth" design and the railgun. Remember when Jyslin said that it would make him a "Bloody Noble" for that gun? Well, if they patent it, he'll have a fresh supply of income for his new "Noble" status. :wink:

I bet Fel did that on purpose... either that or I'm really, really wrong. It's been known to happen. :twisted:
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fiferguy wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:I agree with spec. But fel has now told us that the black ops people do have the rail guns and stuff. So, Jason probably just goofed, we have already seen that he isn't perfect (aka him getting captured*). Jason had sworn not to give the faey his railgun, so it had to have been an accident.
~Michael 8)

~Michael 8)
Should Jason have planned for it? Probably. But it's too late to worry about it now. What I want to know is if Black Ops is going to do what Lieutenant Lana did in Chapter 2, patent his idea without him knowing about it, and sending him payments for it. That would give him a HUGE surge of income. Especially with the different "stealth" design and the railgun. Remember when Jyslin said that it would make him a "Bloody Noble" for that gun? Well, if they patent it, he'll have a fresh supply of income for his new "Noble" status. :wink:

I bet Fel did that on purpose... either that or I'm really, really wrong. It's been known to happen. :twisted:
Well Black Ops answers to Dahnai. Dahnai likes Jason and "wish Jason works for her". She probably has an inkling of what is happening on Earth and already receives report on the findings.

She may use those as bargaining chips for the future... Jason is already told he is in debt to her.

Miz
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

I think she's going to use that debt to make him marry her. Jason will only follow Faey traditions so far, and I don't think he'll readily accept a polygamous relationship with the Empress and Jyslin. I don't think that the fact you can't say No to the Empress will matter...
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:I think she's going to use that debt to make him marry her. Jason will only follow Faey traditions so far, and I don't think he'll readily accept a polygamous relationship with the Empress and Jyslin. I don't think that the fact you can't say No to the Empress will matter...
I also think that the empress is too smart to piss Jason off. We already know that her position isn't exactly secure. If jason and jyslin could kick trillane's (a high noble house) ass with only the proceeds of a couple of patents, then Jason with house karrine and a lot of money, all of the human telepaths, the squad of imperial marines who joined him, and the kimdori... could be big enough trouble that even the empress wouldn't mess with him. She doesn't even know that the gasalts work fully, or about the destroyers/cruisers and stuff at the faey moonbase at karis. Jason could lay a whole lot of hurt down with his exomechs and weapons he could create. And he is a wiz with robots (and has the ability to create living machines now) so he doesn't even really need masses of people. Actually, Jason as a grand duke is kind of scary to anybody who messes with him.... I sure hope he goes back to finish off trillane. :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

The empress also realises what a threat the railgun is to imperial stability. She'll probably offer it back as long as Jason can give her something of equal value.

NB: Fel has said #20 will be the last chapter. He's said nothing about epilogues or appendices. :P

Alternatively, he might even release his notes for subjugation book 1. Allowing others to write fanfics was mentioned at one point.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

michaelsuave wrote: She doesn't even know that the gasalts work fully, or about the destroyers/cruisers and stuff at the faey moonbase at karis. Jason could lay a whole lot of hurt down with his exomechs and weapons he could create. And he is a wiz with robots (and has the ability to create living machines now) so he doesn't even really need masses of people. Actually, Jason as a grand duke is kind of scary to anybody who messes with him.... I sure hope he goes back to finish off trillane. :twisted:

~Michael 8)
I believe Dahnai knows a lot more than she tells Jason. Jason keeps being surprised by what she knows. She knew a lot lot more especially if she has other sources of information including the Kimdori.

The whole reason Karis was being bombed by Merrane for neutrality do not just make a whole lot of sense as compared to bombing the other houses which is on the other side which opposed Merrane. Why did they make a decision to bomb Karis... inside information that Karinnes may dominate the universe once both warring parties are too weakened and that the gestalt is a telepathic machine. Telepathic domination.

That is also another point that Kimdori is quite thick with Dahnai and Dahnai listens also to the Kimdori when the Kimdori wants to borrow Jason but will return Jason to her to solve her problems. The Kimdori at large wants to help Karinne but at the same time helps Dahnai to solve her problem. In the big picture, is Kimdori wants Universal Peace or they wants to help Karinne/Jason.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
mbeau
Sorcerer

Post by mbeau »

Fel wrote: <snip>
B: start working on The Shattered Rainbow, the title of book one of the Draconomicon, the original work I've been quietly looking researching.

That's the new one. It's about dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. But it's about them from the INSIDE, as in, the main character is a dragon (but at the beginning of the book, he doesn't KNOW he's a dragon), and you see the dragons as they see themselves, seeing their society and the world around them through their eyes.
Dragons.

I vote for dragons.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

michaelsuave wrote:I also think that the empress is too smart to piss Jason off. We already know that her position isn't exactly secure. If jason and jyslin could kick trillane's (a high noble house) ass with only the proceeds of a couple of patents, then Jason with house karrine and a lot of money, all of the human telepaths, the squad of imperial marines who joined him, and the kimdori... could be big enough trouble that even the empress wouldn't mess with him. She doesn't even know that the gasalts work fully, or about the destroyers/cruisers and stuff at the faey moonbase at karis. Jason could lay a whole lot of hurt down with his exomechs and weapons he could create. And he is a wiz with robots (and has the ability to create living machines now) so he doesn't even really need masses of people. Actually, Jason as a grand duke is kind of scary to anybody who messes with him.... I sure hope he goes back to finish off trillane. :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Don't forget about Myleena too. She may have been Merrane, but now she's a Noble in Karinne. Between Jason, Myleena, and Jyslin, I bet that they can come up with some KILLER designs using the knowledge gained on Karis. For instance, making the shields be able to stand up to sustained fire for a while. Improving the weapons on the warships that they have in orbit. Etc.
codewarrior
Sorcerer

Post by codewarrior »

I guess i have to agree with serveral others out there while i would love for subjugation to keep going, i know that it story line is ending and in reality ir does not really matter which story Fel works on as long as he does so, that is all I really care about. So with that I say this.... Lead the way minstrel and we shall follow you.
Lead me not to temptation. I'm sure, I know the way better than you.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Fiferguy wrote:Between Jason, Myleena, and Jyslin, I bet that they can come up with some KILLER designs using the knowledge gained on Karis.
Don't count out the rest of humanity either. If Boeing's factories are intact, and they have access to the same catalog items Jason does, they can start to churn drop ships out in under a year. Wouldn't be as well protected or durable as Faey designs, but would do the same job and cost less than half as much.

A lot of what Jason has done boils down to coming up with new uses for old ideas. The Faey are apparently not very good at that. Humans are. (Using drainage pipes as mortars, 250lb bombs as anti-tank weapons, using 767s to knock buildings down, etc.) I'm sure if you trawl the boundless archives of the scifi community you'd find ideas and weapon systems that are better than what the Faey have and do not require advancements in technology.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

jason has openly used tech, does this mean he has to patent it to keep control, faey has seen shields, armour, engines, railgun, mines, hair loss, subsonics, itchers and marbles. this is tech that he has to claim to control. if it is known does he have to give it to the imerium
.S.A.M.K.M
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

think how much the beurocrats would hate jason if he released the hair melters...
I mean really, something like that to someone as vain as a faey? there would be war!
and fel, is jason going to get patents for his tech that was stolen, or is it going to be deny, deny, deny?
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...