Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Hearly
Speed Racer!

Re: Subjugation, chapter 19 - SPOILERS

Post by Hearly »

Now the question is Does he Offer Kumi a Duchess position or Countess..

I assume Duchess...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

so trillane has to pay bbut not actually pushished. if so they should pay through the nose. forfiet of assets, forced to pay for all damages, sued for all injuries caused, make to pay for what they should have done. the terran army on uumi sould become jasons, also uumi helps jason originally friends with karinne, suport karines rather than trilane, also the slave market should be attacked to retrieve imperial citizens, also if earth resources paid for war materials does it not really belong to earth, also how is jason going to get phoenix ring, please something funny,
.S.A.M.K.M
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

SYED wrote:so trillane has to pay bbut not actually pushished. if so they should pay through the nose. forfiet of assets, forced to pay for all damages, sued for all injuries caused, make to pay for what they should have done. the terran army on uumi sould become jasons, also uumi helps jason originally friends with karinne, suport karines rather than trilane, also the slave market should be attacked to retrieve imperial citizens, also if earth resources paid for war materials does it not really belong to earth, also how is jason going to get phoenix ring, please something funny,
I'd assume thats why there will be a chapter 20, and the Reason Fel just didn't add a few more paragraphs and end it with 19..
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Another great chapter, with a whole lot revealed and few questions left. Now that Jyslin has been to Karis, I don't think that Jason will be keeping a whole lot of secrets from her. It would be interesting to see her reaction when Jason tells her that the Empress called him a friend. We all know what the Faey think of Friends, so it's going to be amusing. It's almost the Tarrin level of different women around the world. :wink:

I don't think the Trillane were paying that close of attention when they were trying to destroy the scout ship. They may pick up the lack of time difference, but I doubt it. I think that right now they're more worried about their own rears than what Jason did. But I think once they have time to think about it, they'll come back after Jason with everything that they have. Then it's going to get interesting really fast. That may be what the next book is about, because I see this descending to a Fourth Civil War, and I see Jason's Karrine tech being adapted and improved with modern Faey tech to produce a few super ships.

But I really hope Fel graces us with another book in this universe. Or maybe give us a glimpse of life ten or fifteen years down the road, after Jason has had time to settle in, his children are starting to grow, and Kumi is the new Grand Duchess Trillane... well, at least getting settled in and his children growing up... :wink:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fiferguy wrote: But I really hope Fel graces us with another book in this universe. Or maybe give us a glimpse of life ten or fifteen years down the road, after Jason has had time to settle in, his children are starting to grow, and Kumi is the new Grand Duchess Trillane... well, at least getting settled in and his children growing up... :wink:
I would love to see a book 10-15 years in the future, I do not see Kumi continuing with Trillane, as they Tried to kill her, with the Grand duchess knowing about it (she knew about everything) I see her hooking up with Jason...
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Yeah, me either. Especially since she's probably going to be higher in rank in Karinne than she ever would've been in Trillane.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:But I really hope Fel graces us with another book in this universe. Or maybe give us a glimpse of life ten or fifteen years down the road, after Jason has had time to settle in, his children are starting to grow, and Kumi is the new Grand Duchess Trillane... well, at least getting settled in and his children growing up... :wink:
I think Fel will probably go towards completing DragonStar and/or Alpha Project first -- either that or starting on the <a href="http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... 416">other story concepts he mentioned</a> a while back.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:But I really hope Fel graces us with another book in this universe. Or maybe give us a glimpse of life ten or fifteen years down the road, after Jason has had time to settle in, his children are starting to grow, and Kumi is the new Grand Duchess Trillane... well, at least getting settled in and his children growing up... :wink:
I think Fel will probably go towards completing DragonStar and/or Alpha Project first -- either that or starting on the <a href="http://sennadar.plebian.net/forum/viewt ... 416">other story concepts he mentioned</a> a while back.
Well Spec, I didn't mean Tomorrow, I was thinking maybe in the next year or 2, he might want to re-visit the Subjugation universe and do a sequel/prequel, etc...
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Me either... I'd like to see the other books that only have a couple chapters to them added to, as well as the completion of Demon's Bane. But maybe after a year or so, like Hearly said, have another book in the Subjugation Universe... or maybe even a series of short stories...
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

the Moonbase could just be put into production of the Proto-type Destroyers, Maybe Automate them as much as possible, Not sure how big the shipyard is on the Moon, but he could probably have a bunch of stuff being built, and cost is not a problem because he could just make Most of the metals he needs, or Just make Silver and have it shipped on the Scout Ship (gutted to be a hauler)
One thing i think Jason has to product is an automated defense system for Karis. Just in case some noble house get curious where he got his scout ship and decide to go look at Karis.

I am thinking of a satelite based system, something like the gamma jammers arroud Karis but armed, shielded and cloaked. they could hide behind the gamma jammers.

And It would be good to put an independ defense system on earth too.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I'd like to see Fel finish off book 1 of Subjagation...and then finish up Demon's Bane. Maybe take an offical break from Tarrien's universe, much as it pains me to even think about it. And then launch Subjagation book 2 or whatever its gonna be... Should be fun!!

To be quiet honest Project Alpha and DragonStar just don't cut it for me, especially Project Alpha... Not Fel's fault just seen a lot of those kinda stories over the years. Personally I think he should find a editor and clean up the books from Tarrien's universe and get them published. Subjagation would do pretty good to, but I think it need much more going over than the previous.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Great chapter, but I wish Jason would have done more than just deck the duchess of Trillane. Besides... he sent her the phenoix legion ring, and he hasn't gotten it back yet. My guess is that in chapter 20, jason gets to use the karrine exomech... why else would he pack it along? And also, thousands of terrans are still enslaved by trillane, he will have to contact the urami and get them back. But since they were allies with the karrine, that probably won't be such a problem. I also hope Jason reopens the accademy, but on earth this time. I also hope the brainwashed terrans become loyal to house karrine, that would help a lot in the way of getting an army of his own.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Spec8472 wrote:
After I finish Subjugation, Demon's Bane is on the top of the list, since it's 2-3 chapters away from completion itself. I've just had no motivation to work on it lately. It kinda bums me out anymore, but not because I have writer's block. The whole remainder of the story is actually rather carefully scripted.

It's just that this story has been with me the majority of my life, and it's about to end...and I kinda don't want it to. As long as I don't write that last chapter, I can always say that it's still a work in progress, and it's still there.

I know that sounds dumb, that's how I feel about the Sennadar books.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:After I finish Subjugation, Demon's Bane is on the top of the list, since it's 2-3 chapters away from completion itself. I've just had no motivation to work on it lately. It kinda bums me out anymore, but not because I have writer's block. The whole remainder of the story is actually rather carefully scripted.

It's just that this story has been with me the majority of my life, and it's about to end...and I kinda don't want it to. As long as I don't write that last chapter, I can always say that it's still a work in progress, and it's still there.

I know that sounds dumb, that's how I feel about the Sennadar books.
It doesn't sound dumb...and there's a very simple way to solve the problem... write another Sennadar book... :twisted:
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Nah, what I think I might do after Demon's Bane is either a couple of inane shorts (like 50 pages), and after that, I have to decide between two options.

A: write The Fox and the Hawk.

B: start working on The Shattered Rainbow, the title of book one of the Draconomicon, the original work I've been quietly looking researching.

That's the new one. It's about dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. But it's about them from the INSIDE, as in, the main character is a dragon (but at the beginning of the book, he doesn't KNOW he's a dragon), and you see the dragons as they see themselves, seeing their society and the world around them through their eyes.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.