Stories simmilar to Sub.

Deeb
Sorcerer

Stories simmilar to Sub.

Post by Deeb »

Can anyone point me toward any stories that are similar to subjugation ? And what genre exactly would this story be considered ?

Your ob'd't serv't,
I. Deeb :)
-Deeb
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Stories simmilar to Sub.

Post by michaelsuave »

Deeb wrote:Can anyone point me toward any stories that are similar to subjugation ? And what genre exactly would this story be considered ?

Your ob'd't serv't,
Well it depends, what do you mean by "similar to subjugation?" As in similar as aliens come to earth and man fights back, or similar character who can out-think out plot the opposition.

If it was aliens come to earth, there are a ton of them. At first it reminded me of the gust front series where aliens hire the humans as mercenaries... but that doesn't really have a lot of similarity to the character of Jason or his story as subjugation progressed. I'm thinking maybe cmsix's story nanovirus which can be found on storiesonline.net, but that is more of an erotic story, and the main character doesn't really out-think the competition. Maybe somebody else will have a suggestion, heck, maybe Fel will give us an idea. The closest type of character story that I have seen is this online story that takes place in this fantasy world. The character starts out as a human, but then becomes a werecat... :wink: probably my second/first favorite read compared to subjugation.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Ok, shameless self-promotion time. I have a new book that I just started over at http://dolaria.plebian.net that is similar to Sub. in that it takes place in space, revolves around a single main character, and is about humanity fighting overwhelming odds. There's only one chapter done so far and it's mostly history/background type stuff to set the scene, but I should have another chapter out in a couple weeks.

This advertisement has been brought to you by FifCo... :twisted:
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Fiferguy wrote:Ok, shameless self-promotion time. I have a new book that I just started over at http://dolaria.plebian.net that is similar to Sub. in that it takes place in space, revolves around a single main character, and is about humanity fighting overwhelming odds. There's only one chapter done so far and it's mostly history/background type stuff to set the scene, but I should have another chapter out in a couple weeks.

Heh, Fiferguy, Lets see some new chapters, heck Fel gave us what 4 new chapters in the last 1-2 Months...

:shock:
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Hearly wrote:
Fiferguy wrote:Ok, shameless self-promotion time. I have a new book that I just started over at http://dolaria.plebian.net that is similar to Sub. in that it takes place in space, revolves around a single main character, and is about humanity fighting overwhelming odds. There's only one chapter done so far and it's mostly history/background type stuff to set the scene, but I should have another chapter out in a couple weeks.

Heh, Fiferguy, Lets see some new chapters, heck Fel gave us what 4 new chapters in the last 1-2 Months...

:shock:
Preach it! :wink: Back to work slacker! :wink: If you can tease fel to get writing... pot meet kettle, kettle, meet pot... :twisted:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

michaelsuave wrote:
Deeb wrote:Can anyone point me toward any stories that are similar to subjugation ? And what genre exactly would this story be considered ?

Your ob'd't serv't,
Well it depends, what do you mean by "similar to subjugation?" As in similar as aliens come to earth and man fights back, or similar character who can out-think out plot the opposition.

If it was aliens come to earth, there are a ton of them. At first it reminded me of the gust front series where aliens hire the humans as mercenaries... but that doesn't really have a lot of similarity to the character of Jason or his story as subjugation progressed. I'm thinking maybe cmsix's story nanovirus which can be found on storiesonline.net, but that is more of an erotic story, and the main character doesn't really out-think the competition. Maybe somebody else will have a suggestion, heck, maybe Fel will give us an idea. The closest type of character story that I have seen is this online story that takes place in this fantasy world. The character starts out as a human, but then becomes a werecat... :wink: probably my second/first favorite read compared to subjugation.

~Michael 8)
I was wondering that as well you left a lot of Lattatue in your question
Define it a bit and i'm sure we can find several ..

Oh and as For cmsix he's pulled his stories from Storiesonline. there are still links there but he's now got them only on ASSTR.

http://www.asstr.org/~cmsix/cmsix.htm

by gust front series i assume your refering to the "Legacy of the Aldenata series" By "John Ringo" ......Bun Bun Forever :D :D :D

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Well, if we're going to be playing shameless self promotion... After The War

Something I wrote after watching Spielberg's shameful War OF The Worlds, and thinking just how widely he completely missed the point of the original book.