Subjugation, chapter 17 - Spoilers

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Re: Subjugation, chapter 17 - Spoilers

Post by Weresmilodon »

One of the reasons I asked about the hardware/power of the computer in that gestalt is that it is stated that the gestalt add its own processing power to the sending.
If processors have advanced, and it is possible to upgrade the gestalt, then the added power will also increase, at the possible risk of getting too strong, maybe running out of control..
(Ah, the possibilities about all this are staggering... Hopefully most of it will get answered in the teaser/demo chapter 18)
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Also Fel said in the chapter that after the destruction of Jasons House, tech development stalled out, that it didn't develop as fast as before

So something that was developed 1000 years ago, wouldn't be that far from cutting edge.. There development is Stagnated (sp?) thats why they want Jason so badly, and people like Jason...
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Remember that Yana could here the holographic sending telepathicly, but it was out of touch. The regular marienes could not here it, however Yana sait it was like a computer, going much to fast for her to make sense. So I bet she is either more evolved than a regular Fey, or a partial Generation.

And yes it could be interesting to see if an upgraded computer could add more processing power. However I think Jason should get used to the added power he has now, otherwise adding a molecular computer or something could make him go to strong.
Sangoma
Initiate

Post by Sangoma »

Talent is talent. Shouldn't someone with enough talent and 'power' be able to hear it? won't Jyslin be able to hear it? Also, you have to be engineered to interface with the Gestalt right? Yana won't be able to wear one right?
Your local Witch Doctor
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Belgarion213 wrote:...otherwise adding a molecular computer or something could make him go too strong.
That's like saying "Too much money," or "a girl too pretty." :wink: I don't think there's such a thing.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

ok...now we try THIS.
Attachments
sora.jpg
Last edited by Fel on Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Nope...
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Umm...Fel... still not working... can you email it at all? I might be able to post it.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Yana is a very special case. As will be revealed in chapter 18, she's "genetically superior" to other Faey. Her telepathic powers aren't just stronger than 99% of other Faey, they are also more evolved. She can just barely touch on the edges of the special form of telepathy the Generations use, just enough to be aware of it but unable to comprehend it.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Fiferguy wrote:Umm...Fel... still not working... can you email it at all? I might be able to post it.
Meh, nope. I don't have an email program installed on this machine that works.

I'll have to ask my friend to post it herself, cause clearly message board > me.
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Nah, the board isn't > than you... Spec just decided to mess with us again... :twisted:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

bmp is now enabled as an upload...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Not a problem now, i got it up there. Sorry about that. So go look UP THERE to see Sora wearing a gestalt. ;)

Anyway, that should give you guys a little better idea of how it looks, and how it fits on the wearer's head. Forgive the bad drawing, I kinda doodled that. I guess I could make it better if I sat down and worked on it.

I was never very good at art.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fel wrote:Not a problem now, i got it up there. Sorry about that. So go look UP THERE to see Sora wearing a gestalt. ;)

Anyway, that should give you guys a little better idea of how it looks, and how it fits on the wearer's head. Forgive the bad drawing, I kinda doodled that. I guess I could make it better if I sat down and worked on it.

I was never very good at art.
Not a wiz at art... but at writing, my friend, you are a master!
But that doesn't need to be kept in the spoiler's thread, everybody knows that already.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Got the main idea of a gestalt.

Did I hear that telekinesis will appear in the future? Jason will be one?
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.