Another prank on the Faey (spoiler)

michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Another prank on the Faey (spoiler)

Post by michaelsuave »

Here is an idea: Jason knows that the Faey are going to attack the preserve in some way... He knows that they have already searched for him through it both high and low... So its pretty obvious that they are going to try and smoke him out, you know, light the grass on fire and try and flush out the snake (crocodile dundee 2). So why not give the faey what they want, put some sort of proof in the preserve so when they nuke it, or attack it, they think they got Jason. Then they drop their guard, and Jason makes them look like a fool by attacking them again and sending another message to the news agency saying, "see, I told you, they nuked the preserve to get me last time, and they did the same thing this time. Its just like I said, Trillane must be stopped from breaking imperial law. blah blah blah(and I don't mean that in the Russian slang sense of blah blah blah or blat)..., oh, and by the way, Trillane, you missed me." Anyway, It would be an incredible public relations tool for Jason to be able to start public outcry against Trillane, not to mention a fun way for him to thumb his nose at the enemy. Yes his war is going to have to primarily effect Trillane economically, but wouldn't it be easier if the whole imperium was rooting for Jason and demanding that the empress remove house Trillane from control of earth? Thoughts? comments? :?:

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Another prank on the Faey (spoiler)

Post by Mizriath »

I believe the 1st step is to get recognition for who Jason is.

To the Faey at large, when he broadcast himself, he can be acknowledged as a terrorist or freedom fighter. I like the latter. But it is the perception by Faey at large is important.

Next, is to get the empress to know the matter and brought to her attention. I believe this is where Myleena comes in. When she later understand who Jason is. Jason must prevent Trillane from smoothing this problem over on Earth.. minor problem, not worth the Empress attention etc.

I did mention elewhere that one way is develop another economically more production food production point in other planets that will make Eartha very mimor food production point, that no one will buy from Trillane Earth. Later JAson can bring out gourmet food when Earth is under his control or friendly party.

Well I agree on the score to get Faey recognise and then root Jason. Politics is politics, JAson has to deal with Trillane politically and intelligently in the imperium.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
TJ1020965
Talent

Post by TJ1020965 »

Mizriath wrote:
Well I agree on the score to get Faey recognise and then root Jason. Politics is politics, JAson has to deal with Trillane politically and intelligently in the imperium.
One of the ways I think Jason can gain support in the Imperium is to come out as a telepath and be more public with the media. I can see Jason showing up at an INN crew for a surprise interview with their version of Barbara Walters.
Rule 27: 'Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.' --"The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates"
**schlockmercenary.com**
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mizriath wrote:Well I agree on the score to get Faey recognise and then root Jason.
He's going to be one busy boy then... ;)

("root" in Aussieland means: to have sexual intercourse)
TJ1020965 wrote:One of the ways I think Jason can gain support in the Imperium is to come out as a telepath and be more public with the media. I can see Jason showing up at an INN crew for a surprise interview with their version of Barbara Walters.
Going to visit any media crew: bad idea.

Bringing a crew to a secret location: also, probably a bad idea. Via panel, yeah, maybe.

It all depends on how seriously the general populace (both human and Faey) are taking the insurgency.
It seems those humans in the larger cities have rights a little closer to that of a normal citizen, so are less likely to stand up and prostest.

Jason will also have pissed off any human in the areas affected by his buzzers.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Spec8472 wrote:He's going to be one busy boy then... ;)

("root" in Aussieland means: to have sexual intercourse)
OMG. Hmm..must be more careful in usage of words. Well I am sure the number of females willing to root JAson will go up exponentially with more exposure. He is supposedly handsome to Faey.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

why not encourage the population to to embarass the faey, what if the empress sudderenly reicived mail, letters from all over the world that they want a new house or rallies, with people in costumes. the faey may brake up portest with electric shock but they wont disrupt fairs dedicated to the empress and against trillane televised. also slow downs, sure guys on the farms have to work but officially they are not slaves, they are workers so they can choose to go sloe. they can all wear badges with long live the empreess, take down trillane
.S.A.M.K.M
Blyker
Sorcerer

Post by Blyker »

The best way at first would be to make sure the people of the Earth know whats happening. Just as you saw when Jason fought the marines the humans were all rooting ( :P ) for him! I think this would happen as well when they saw what he does. It might also make people take up their little piece of resistance making earth just a little more inhospitable for Trillane.

I dont think coming out as a telepath would be smart atm. The general Faey population feels secure trough their telepathy. When suddenly humans can be telepaths as well that security is undermined and i think that you can get very strange reactions then.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Mizriath wrote:OMG. Hmm..must be more careful in usage of words.
You can imagine my err.. confusion when I kept hearing about how Americans rooted for their teams. Wow, talk about dedicated! ;)
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Blyker wrote:The best way at first would be to make sure the people of the Earth know whats happening. Just as you saw when Jason fought the marines the humans were all rooting ( :P ) for him! I think this would happen as well when they saw what he does. It might also make people take up their little piece of resistance making earth just a little more inhospitable for Trillane.

I dont think coming out as a telepath would be smart atm. The general Faey population feels secure trough their telepathy. When suddenly humans can be telepaths as well that security is undermined and i think that you can get very strange reactions then.

While i understand that Jason coming out might be a good thing for him ....
don't forget if he was to do that what would happen to all the other Human telepaths that have yet to be discovered.

Wouldn't House Trallane be more inclined to start openly hunting them down and removeing them as a threat ......or mindwashing them into being spys much more quickly then they are ?

It might even Turn Faey againt him that other wise would be rooting for him ......or at the worst triger a witch hunt by the General Faey and human population who might see them as threats.

Think about the Jews in WWII.....brothers turning in brothers and the like.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

is the food bought at earth or is it bought at market becausre if bought at earth and trilaane doe not deliver, breach of contract with other houses. also if he alters the destination to hungry good worlds everyone happy
.S.A.M.K.M
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

SYED wrote:is the food bought at earth or is it bought at market becausre if bought at earth and trilaane doe not deliver, breach of contract with other houses. also if he alters the destination to hungry good worlds everyone happy
The food is shipped primarily to the homeworld (thats where the gate goes) and is distributed based out of the gigantic spaceport that is in orbit around draconis. I don't think we know enough about faey contract law to see if trillane is danger of a breach of contract case.

What we know is that they have a quota that the empress has given to trillane that they must produce. We don't know the term or the quantity of food that must be produced in that time frame. We also know that Jason doesn't want to shut down the entire food supply, because then the empress would become more involved, but just hamper the production to the extent that the empress removes trillane from earth; at least that's the present goal. I wouldn't be suprised if fel tweeked it so that Jason's goal didn't exactly come out the way he planned. Ultimately my money is on Jason being put in charge of earth...

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!