PPG in the movies

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

PPG in the movies

Post by Fiferguy »

In the movie Ultraviolet, Milla Jojovich's character Violet has an anti-gravity device, that when they do their special effects magic, it looks a lot like what I imagine a PPG would look like. A pocketed space with a mini-sun. It looks really cool in the movie. :wink:
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Re: PPG in the movies

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:In the movie Ultraviolet, Milla Jojovich's character Violet has an anti-gravity device, that when they do their special effects magic, it looks a lot like what I imagine a PPG would look like. A pocketed space with a mini-sun. It looks really cool in the movie. :wink:
Hrm... Havn't seen the movie.

I didn't think you could actually see the reaction going on inside the PPG?
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

I don't think you can in a PPG, and you really couldn't in the movie either. But they did their "I'm gonna zoom through solid objects and I don't care about physics" trick on this device.

The movie itself wasn't that good, but the special effects and visuals were quite well done.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fiferguy wrote:I don't think you can in a PPG, and you really couldn't in the movie either. But they did their "I'm gonna zoom through solid objects and I don't care about physics" trick on this device.
Ah, ok... I was thinking it might've been something like the uhh... power-ball thingies in Half Life 2 (the ones you can grab with a Gravity Gun)
Fiferguy wrote:The movie itself wasn't that good, but the special effects and visuals were quite well done.
As expected, really -- the previews were enough to put me off going to see it at the movies (despite the chance to see the lovely Milla, presumably dressed in not much at various occasions - on a very large screen)
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

Yeah...The story line was pretty bad. But I have to say, she does look good on a 55" HDTV. :twisted: