Jason to form his own Noble House?

Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Jason to form his own Noble House?

Post by Fiferguy »

I actually see a slight problem with that... Jason now controls the rights to all the knowledge of the Karinne. It's enough to make a fortune, and gain TREMENDOUS power through that wealth and knowledge. But the problem: too much, too fast can make enemies quickly. He could gain so much power so fast that he could even compete with the Empress herself with power and tech. It could turn the entire Empire inside out.

I think he needs to stage things so that he can space the release of new tech. And build on what he learns from the CBIM databanks. If he spaced it right, he could even pass it off as technology that he invented using thousand year old information from Karinne. No one in the Imperium knew how advanced they were except for the Karinne themselves, and they're all gone now--at least the ones that knew. So he could easily pass them off as his own innovations based on what the Karinne left behind.

But he has to space it out so as not to make more enemies. That is, of course, if he can't "hire" the Kimdori to be his house soldiers until his house is more established. It can take centuries to establish a sustainable population on a planet, so breeding the numbers is a poor idea. He needs numbers to support him, and if he releases all that tech all at once, it won't get him the support he needs.

But that's just my 2c. :wink:
ampws
Sorcerer

Post by ampws »

As I stated in a previous post it was likely that there was Karrinne money on Morridon. Fel covered neatly the virus attack on Jason the Morridon's had released it themselves to deter the Kimdori. :)

Jason is now the aknowledged head of House Karrine both by the CBIM *AND* the Kimdori.

That is going to be a tremendous help the Kimdori have tentacles everywhere they are spies par excellance and who is idiot enough to think that the Kimdori denmother is not privy to that information.

Information is power :!: I can see Jason will be doing extraordinary things with the Karrine tech, maybe Jasons tech bent was genetic as well the Karrines were natural technicians and scientists. Remember Jason could do amazing things with Faey tech. :D He now has an entire new sandbox to play with.

I personally do not think that Jason will release any Karrine tech, it is too big an advantage to give up. I think with the help of the Kimdori they will set defences around Karris.

As for the Empress Merraine denying Jason his status as feif-holder of Earth I don't see how she can, the entire Householding system is based on it. :D Jason is now 'Sian'.

And we mustn't forget 'those other' other Karrine's that the Kimdori were watching they might have decided that Myleera was the best bet until Jason came along but they would still bulk out his 'House' membership.

I would expect them all to be skilled in various areas as Karrines seem to run to technical talent be it mechanical or biological. The perfect people it other words to assist in the rebuilding of Karis.

I was particuarly interested in the statement by the denmother that the Trellaine's had been 'more evil than you know'.

Looks like more interesting stuff to come from Fel.

Also looks like my idea of Jason becoming a Householder panned out, though not the way I expected - clever Fel. :twisted: :twisted:

AMPWS
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

what if trilane had evil breeding program, or even trators to the empress. helping skaa
.S.A.M.K.M
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

ampws wrote:As I stated in a previous post it was likely that there was Karrinne money on Morridon. Fel covered neatly the virus attack on Jason the Morridon's had released it themselves to deter the Kimdori. :)

Jason is now the aknowledged head of House Karrine both by the CBIM *AND* the Kimdori.

That is going to be a tremendous help the Kimdori have tentacles everywhere they are spies par excellance and who is idiot enough to think that the Kimdori denmother is not privy to that information.

Information is power :!: I can see Jason will be doing extraordinary things with the Karrine tech, maybe Jasons tech bent was genetic as well the Karrines were natural technicians and scientists. Remember Jason could do amazing things with Faey tech. :D He now has an entire new sandbox to play with.

I personally do not think that Jason will release any Karrine tech, it is too big an advantage to give up. I think with the help of the Kimdori they will set defences around Karris.

As for the Empress Merraine denying Jason his status as feif-holder of Earth I don't see how she can, the entire Householding system is based on it. :D Jason is now 'Sian'.

And we mustn't forget 'those other' other Karrine's that the Kimdori were watching they might have decided that Myleera was the best bet until Jason came along but they would still bulk out his 'House' membership.

I would expect them all to be skilled in various areas as Karrines seem to run to technical talent be it mechanical or biological. The perfect people it other words to assist in the rebuilding of Karis.

I was particuarly interested in the statement by the denmother that the Trellaine's had been 'more evil than you know'.

Looks like more interesting stuff to come from Fel.

Also looks like my idea of Jason becoming a Householder panned out, though not the way I expected - clever Fel. :twisted: :twisted:

AMPWS
Don't Discount Myleena either she's no soluch in the Black opps tech area and she seems to be Fully on jasons side now too. i wonder what both of them working together with the Tech knowledge of all the Karrine's (and maybe even the Kimdori) at their disposal can come up with <Evil Grin>
F'kin Marbles my ass.

He He He what if they turned all the 'Sian' members Pink ?

I knew jason had to become head of a Noble house ever since Fel let us know he had A Faey Ancesstor ......and I even supected WAY back when he met Miaari that first time that he had Kimdori DNA in him .....
Even though Fel said he didn't ....BAD Fel BAD....

Of course i supected he was related to the Kimdori in some way then too.

I think i asked or suggested once if he had a Kimdori ancesstor.
It's interesting to see just how many things we did guess very closely back then. Fel must have felt that we had hacked his computer and notes.

We won't let him known that we did of cousrse. :lol:

Like i said before Quoting First blood

If you send that many against Jason Fox .Just don't forget one thing.

A Good Supply of Body Bags.

And Jyslin proved she is just as good as jason too.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
MommyDoom
Keeper of the Spoon of Doom

Post by MommyDoom »

Fiferguy wrote:But he has to space it out so as not to make more enemies. That is, of course, if he can't "hire" the Kimdori to be his house soldiers until his house is more established. It can take centuries to establish a sustainable population on a planet, so breeding the numbers is a poor idea. He needs numbers to support him, and if he releases all that tech all at once, it won't get him the support he needs.
Why would he have to establish a population? Technically, all of the telepathic humans on Earth are Karinnes. Any/all of them could come up to the planet and instantly repopulate the house.

MD
Blood begets more blood as dog begets dog.
Death generates death as the vulture breeds the vulture.
But the voice I heard today said, "Love your neighbor. Do good to those who despitefully use you".
- From the movie, "Ben Hur"
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

But remember the basic rules from before. There are only a handful of known human telepaths. And telepathy is the great equalizer. It took Jyslin only a few minutes/hours to subdue the entire population that they'd left behind in the reserve, and when the Faey first invaded Earth, the mundane humans couldn't even attempt a rebellion.

If the new Karinne was primarily human, there wouldn't be much of a chance of a rival house running all over them, even continuing the slaving. The telepathic humans could definitely repopulate the house, but as of right now, the only ones we know about (and forgive me if I've forgotten any) are Jason, Tim, Temika, and the boy that they grabbed from NYC. They never had a chance to meet with the one from Scotland, remember. And at the last update, we still don't know if the boy from NYC had expressed yet. So we have Tim, Temika, and Jason. Jason is the Grand Duke, and Tim and Temika could be a Duchess and a Duke, or some other lower rank noble, but even then, you only have three human royals. Even if you figure in the spouses of those, you're not adding a whole lot. Tim has Symone, and Jason has Jyslin, so you add two. Myleena makes a sixth, but even then its incredibly risky. Assassins could easily eliminate six people, and then the house is no more. If you bring a non-telepath into the mix, well, you eliminate the six, then control the non-telepath. Then the slaving and everything continues.

When you look at it, all the other noble houses have a hundred or so people in line for the house throne. Even the Empress herself. That continuity is vital to the survival of the house. No nobles, no house. So once Jason comes out to the Empress as Grand Duke Karinne, he will have to be EXTREMELY careful. It may be illegal for houses to do that kind of thing, but Symone told us earlier that it happens anyway. And someone has already tried to assassinate Kumi, so we know it's possible to have someone assassinated.

That's why he needs to build up his numbers--for self preservation and the protection of his house. Unless he can afford to hire soldiers. Mercs are usually loyal to the highest bidder, but here Jason has an advantage. If he can "hire" Kimdori to be his soldiers, he would have protection. And since when he "hired" Kate as a spy, they didn't charge him. So they may not charge him this time either, since he's a cousin.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fiferguy wrote:But remember the basic rules from before. There are only a handful of known human telepaths. And telepathy is the great equalizer. It took Jyslin only a few minutes/hours to subdue the entire population that they'd left behind in the reserve, and when the Faey first invaded Earth, the mundane humans couldn't even attempt a rebellion.

If the new Karinne was primarily human, there wouldn't be much of a chance of a rival house running all over them, even continuing the slaving. The telepathic humans could definitely repopulate the house, but as of right now, the only ones we know about (and forgive me if I've forgotten any) are Jason, Tim, Temika, and the boy that they grabbed from NYC. They never had a chance to meet with the one from Scotland, remember. And at the last update, we still don't know if the boy from NYC had expressed yet. So we have Tim, Temika, and Jason. Jason is the Grand Duke, and Tim and Temika could be a Duchess and a Duke, or some other lower rank noble, but even then, you only have three human royals. Even if you figure in the spouses of those, you're not adding a whole lot. Tim has Symone, and Jason has Jyslin, so you add two. Myleena makes a sixth, but even then its incredibly risky. Assassins could easily eliminate six people, and then the house is no more. If you bring a non-telepath into the mix, well, you eliminate the six, then control the non-telepath. Then the slaving and everything continues.

When you look at it, all the other noble houses have a hundred or so people in line for the house throne. Even the Empress herself. That continuity is vital to the survival of the house. No nobles, no house. So once Jason comes out to the Empress as Grand Duke Karinne, he will have to be EXTREMELY careful. It may be illegal for houses to do that kind of thing, but Symone told us earlier that it happens anyway. And someone has already tried to assassinate Kumi, so we know it's possible to have someone assassinated.

That's why he needs to build up his numbers--for self preservation and the protection of his house. Unless he can afford to hire soldiers. Mercs are usually loyal to the highest bidder, but here Jason has an advantage. If he can "hire" Kimdori to be his soldiers, he would have protection. And since when he "hired" Kate as a spy, they didn't charge him. So they may not charge him this time either, since he's a cousin.
there are also 233 known House Karrine desendants that the Kimdori talked about. does this number include humans on Earth or are these All on the Faey side of the house?

and Rember the Kimdori are still protecting the secret of the planet by making any ships that attempt to enter or get near.... dissapear.

I can also see there are al least 9 imperial marines that are going to become apart of House Karrine. and thgere could be several others as well remember Jason is seen as a Romantic hero to a lot of the Faey commoners right now. and he's seen as being Loyal to his people as well

Once it comes out hes No just a Human but Faey as well he could gain a lot of Followers just from that.
Remember what the gal from INN said
After the interview she commented to the anchor that she had been very impressed meeting Jason in person. “He’s just as charismatic in person,” she said with a smile. “A very kind and thoughtful young man, with a sense of purpose about him that I noticed immediately. He’s a man that believes in what he’s doing with all his heart. Some may call him a rebel or even a murderer, but he truly believes that he’s fighting for the betterment of his people.” “He won’t be doing much fighting from a hospital bed in the medical annex,” the anchor tittered with a grin.
Now i know some would say that other house might try to slip spy or assassin's in ....but remember who he has that will be doing his Loyality testing ....Kimdori!

Oh and the Nine Marines ....they almost have to become Members of House Karrine or have their memorys of this Wiped. they have seen things Jason and the Kimdori wouldn't want known.
and then there is Yana too
He gave her a startled look. “That’s, er, a personal question, Yana.”
“No, what was it like to, you know, do it,” she asked, touching his temple with her finger meaningfully. “Boys won’t let me do it, they’re afraid of me,” she told him in a quiet voice. “They’re afraid I’m too strong for them, that I might hurt them. But you and Jyslin are both so strong, almost as strong as me, I was curious how you did it without, well, hurting yourselves. You know?”
He laughed nervously. “Oh, that. Well, we were just careful, that’s all,” he told her. “I trusted that Jyslin wouldn’t hurt us.”
She chewed on the end of her finger absently. I wish other boys believed that, she told him. I’ve always wanted to try it, but boys are scared of me.
Well, don’t look at me, he warned.
She looked up at him, then giggled. Of course not, you silly. If we did that, Jyslin would kill both of us. I was just hoping you could, like, you know, explain how you did it without hurting yourselves, so I could explain it to a boy. I guess you wouldn’t be scared of it, though. You and Jyslin are almost equally strong, so there’s no huge gap there to intimidate you.
I didn’t realize Faey men were afraid of women like that.
Well, they’re afraid of me, she fretted. They say I’m too strong, and I’ll hurt them. You know, get lost in it and burn out their brains or something silly like that. They’re afraid of opening themselves up like that to me, you know, no defenses.
Well, sounds to me like you just need to find a guy that trusts you.
You make it sound so easy, she accused. It’s not like I’ll ever find a guy like you, either.
Why not?
and
My scans indicate that the young Faey female Jason’s memory designates as Private Yana would be a prime candidate for such a breeding partner. My scans indicate she is gifted in talent, on par with a Karinne female.]
I think we could very well see another human/Karrine and Faey bonding in the future. After all she is the Youngest in the Squad and we do have a Young man on earth that should be expressing himself soon ?
One that just might not be afraid of her?

An other possiability as well one that Fel put into our heads and we don't know much about just yet
Strong, but not as strong as me, he answered. Though Temika is really strong, up to a Marine’s standard. Maybe you’re right there, Yana, maybe children from a human and a Faey are very strong natural telepaths
Maybe this is also one of those Worse things Zaa hinted at. House Trillane is running it's own version of a generations program using humans as breeding stock.

Also with all the

OR could they be making "Soilent Green" ?

But i'll leave you all one more quote and mystery to ponder <Evil Grin>
She pulled her hand up between them and opened it. Within her furry palm was the signet ring of the Karinnes.
“This is what I sent you here to recover, Jason. Nothing else. This is the greatest treasure on Karis. This ring gives you the fealty of the CBIM, and that is a powerful, powerful thing. It marks you as the lord of this planet. Everything here belongs to you, and to you alone.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

he could gather all these commoners for his planets, jason would treat his workers better than other houses, more chane of prosperity.jason can claim ruined planets and sell land to commoners, so he works with funds from tech while the commoners get the produce, also merrane sister as part of house could be givern a detachment of house soldiers
.S.A.M.K.M
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Phantom wrote:An other possiability as well one that Fel put into our heads and we don't know much about just yet
Strong, but not as strong as me, he answered. Though Temika is really strong, up to a Marine’s standard. Maybe you’re right there, Yana, maybe children from a human and a Faey are very strong natural telepaths
Maybe this is also one of those Worse things Zaa hinted at. House Trillane is running it's own version of a generations program using humans as breeding stock.

Phantom
Actually, I think it's the fact that the gene for telepathy doesn't have a human counterpart. Thus, telepathy fromt he Karinne bred true. The current telepathic humans are all Karinne decendants, and were from the Generations. Thus really strong. Remember, Cybi registered Jason and Myleena as 97th Generation, even after 1300 years of random human breeding would normally wipe out a genetic marker.

If your average Faey had a child with a human, they'd probably express at the average power level of the Faey.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

SYED wrote:he could gather all these commoners for his planets, jason would treat his workers better than other houses, more chane of prosperity.jason can claim ruined planets and sell land to commoners, so he works with funds from tech while the commoners get the produce, also merrane sister as part of house could be givern a detachment of house soldiers
Jason also promotes Humans as being Very good Breeding Stock ....He is a type if i remember Kumi correctly that Faey Female find very desireable.
Could be interesting as well Didn't Kumi have lots of Young friends?
with Jason standing up to House tirllane like he has ...many young Faey females and males too might just see Humans as The Perfect mates.
and if you could also add in that such unions produced strong telepathic offspring as well....... <smirk>

Love is in the Air ....Hehehe could we have mass defections and a House Karinne baby boom on earth anyways

Yo babe you going to the Party on Earth tonight .....they got some Bitching dudes you know Rock hard Abs and killer butts it's from all that Farm work I hear they are just so Buff and it's going to be swinging those Karinne's always did know how to P A R T Y!. They have the best Stuff anywhere in the universe too ...I hear they get it Straight from the Kimdori too babe.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Lochar wrote:
Phantom wrote:An other possiability as well one that Fel put into our heads and we don't know much about just yet

Phantom
Actually, I think it's the fact that the gene for telepathy doesn't have a human counterpart. Thus, telepathy fromt he Karinne bred true. The current telepathic humans are all Karinne decendants, and were from the Generations. Thus really strong. Remember, Cybi registered Jason and Myleena as 97th Generation, even after 1300 years of random human breeding would normally wipe out a genetic marker.

If your average Faey had a child with a human, they'd probably express at the average power level of the Faey.
I'm not so sure........ Jason has a lot of power..... Close to Myleena in power as if it's like you said "after 1300 years of random human breeding would normally wipe out a genetic marker" then Jason shouldn't be as powerful as he is ........unless there is something in Normal human DNA that combined with Faey DNA some how enhances the Telepathic Traits in Offspring from such unions? ....it could be some Dormant thing that a normal human/ human mating wounldn't produce a telepath but if you Add in Faey Dna then ...wow

Remember too the Karinne were stuck here. They were Scientists and geneticists maybe they worked to introduce some enhancements in the local human population to help safe guard the Generations program in their descendants so it might survive.

Phantom
I will be your light
For I am Winter born
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
(bloodied hands)
For I am Winter born
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Phantom wrote:
Lochar wrote:
Phantom wrote:An other possiability as well one that Fel put into our heads and we don't know much about just yet Maybe this is also one of those Worse things Zaa hinted at. House Trillane is running it's own version of a generations program using humans as breeding stock.

Phantom

I'm not so sure........ Jason has a lot of power..... Close to Myleena in power as if it's like you said "after 1300 years of random human breeding would normally wipe out a genetic marker" then Jason shouldn't be as powerful as he is ........unless there is something in Normal human DNA that combined with Faey DNA some how enhances the Telepathic Traits in Offspring from such unions? ....it could be some Dormant thing that a normal human/ human mating wounldn't produce a telepath but if you Add in Faey Dna then ...wow

Remember too the Karinne were stuck here. They were Scientists and geneticists maybe they worked to introduce some enhancements in the local human population to help safe guard the Generations program in their descendants so it might survive.

Phantom
You can't wipe it out if there's not something to wipe it out with. Didn't Fel say somewhere that telepathy was a gene that bred true because of there not being a human counterpart? That's where I was grabbing the idea from.

So Jason is as least as strong as the average Karinne male and Myleena the average female Karinne.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Fiferguy

Post by Fiferguy »

And Fel said that Jason was weaker than Myleena in Chapter 18 (I think...). So it is probably about right that Jason and Myleena represent the average of the Karinne line.

For some reason, I see Jason getting with Yana at some point. She is becoming his friend, and is one of the only people that would be strong enough to not be afraid of her. And, I think that Jason is going to end up doing what Tarrin does in the Sennadar universe...breeding.

Not to get crass with that, but he needs to increase his numbers, and she's already his friend. I think that Jyslin will make him do it. We all know the Faey's stance on sex and friendship. So I think that he will end up having several children by different women. Not quite to the extent of the selective breeding program of the Karinne, but instinctively, a male wants to breed with a female that catches his eyes. Usually, that's the smartest or strongest of a generation. Not always, there are those pesky humans to worry about, but usually.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Wouldn't the relaunching of House Karinne be rather low priority with the Trillane threatening to nuke all of North America - possibly without evacuating the human population? Sure, eventually it woudl be useful, but at present wouldn't that be his priority?

If he kept his grand duke head down *and* stopped them from doing that, then he gets to keep bleeding them, extra time, and the freedom to maneuver- which is going to end the moment he steps back on Draconis.

He could, for example, arrange for a kimdori to 'suggest' to the Trillane Grand Duchess what might happen to her house if every kimdori working for her as spies suddenly chose to stop and walk away.

Alternatively he can blow some of Trillane's orbital ships out of the sky. He probably wouldn't enjoy that, but little else would so clearly show that the Leigon has moved beyond North America, and hence bombing that isn't going to achieve much. It might also get them seriously worried about retaliation on *their* worlds.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fiferguy wrote:And Fel said that Jason was weaker than Myleena in Chapter 18 (I think...). So it is probably about right that Jason and Myleena represent the average of the Karinne line.

For some reason, I see Jason getting with Yana at some point. She is becoming his friend, and is one of the only people that would be strong enough to not be afraid of her. And, I think that Jason is going to end up doing what Tarrin does in the Sennadar universe...breeding.

Not to get crass with that, but he needs to increase his numbers, and she's already his friend. I think that Jyslin will make him do it. We all know the Faey's stance on sex and friendship. So I think that he will end up having several children by different women. Not quite to the extent of the selective breeding program of the Karinne, but instinctively, a male wants to breed with a female that catches his eyes. Usually, that's the smartest or strongest of a generation. Not always, there are those pesky humans to worry about, but usually.
And what a way to bring back the karinnes, with Jyslin's marine squad. After all, marines are some of the strongest telepaths out there, and they are always complaining that Jyslin had all the luck in getting Jason. I think it would be cool if Jason pulled a Tarrin and started recreating the house of karinne.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!